PDA

View Full Version : Slaying trout on a Monday!!!

fishinkid
01-22-2013, 10:17 AM
Headed to corona yesterday monday 1/21/13 I got to the lake a little late, I met up with my buddy josh. By the time I got there he already had a 4 pounder on his stringer. We anchored up next to my buddy Danny he was on a pontoon boat with his family. We all started slaying the trout on B.line jigs.
They were hitting the B.line orange and B.line white the best on a ball head or split shotted. We caught are limits easy the fishing is pretty much wide open at corona even on a Monday. Between are group we got 5 fish over 4 pounds. So get out there does not matter what day you go you will catch you limit no problem it's even easier if you are fishing B.line jigs.
(Did not get the pictures of Danny's big ones by the time I went to take a picture of them he already had them cleaned)

Poxy Boggards
01-22-2013, 01:27 PM
WTG Fishinkid! Nice quality fish! Thanks for posting.

Troutin Man
01-23-2013, 06:21 PM
Good to hear the blines were working for you guys. What part of the lake did you hit?

Also, whenyou slip shotted, did you put it right above the blines or up the line a bit?

fishinkid
01-24-2013, 07:05 AM
Good to hear the blines were working for you guys. What part of the lake did you hit?

Also, whenyou slip shotted, did you put it right above the blines or up the line a bit?

We put the split shot about 8 inches up the line and wakey hook the bline worm. We were fishing the sandy point straight across the lake from the boat docks.

billy b
01-24-2013, 07:54 AM
We put the split shot about 8 inches up the line and wakey hook the bline worm. We were fishing the sandy point straight across the lake from the boat docks.

Not familiar ... is it a Berkley product?

CJ22
01-24-2013, 08:59 AM
Were you guys using the chubby worm?

fishinkid
01-25-2013, 09:17 AM
The B.lines are hand poored in chino and yea we were also using white chubys on a ball head