PDA

View Full Version : Late report tournament 1/19

Hotbite909
01-21-2013, 09:47 PM
We fished the tournament at S.A.R.L. on 1/19/13. We arrived at the lake around 7:00 a.m. and there was no line of cars. I talked to a nice guy during the sign up and he gave me some tips for fishing then it was towards the dock to get launched. In the beginning, we stayed close to the dock area because I was getting marks on the fish finder real close to the cages. We tried some power balls scented with garlic and Carolina rigged trout worms hand poured in a neon red. We fished for about a ½ hour and then moved onto a secondary spot which has always been good for us lately. The wind was really heavy at times and the anchor would not hold but I finally got a good hook up and we fished with a few different color worms to start off in about 25’ of water. I casted toward the shore against the wind and got a few short hits but no hook sets. I changed up the colors on my bait and wait rod but we only managed one fish in about an hour. I tried a drop shot and then a jig head worm but only got a few nibbles during that time. I then tied on a Carolina rig which is my go to set up and put on a white worm and moved around the boat and casted different areas. We eventually moved to the back of the boat to cast toward the center of the lake with the wind. That was the ticket!! We started getting some serious hits from the trout and we limited out by 9:30. I managed to catch a 4 lbs 6oz fish and had to wait for the weigh in. It was a long 4 hours to go so we got another limit pass. We went to the dock and it was a wall of fisherman. There must have been a good bite over near the dock area. After we went back to the spot and limited out again by noon. We ended the day with 4 fish in the 4lbs to 4.6 range all others where average size. Made a short video. Thank for watching.

http://s1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj617/thegecko12/?action=view&current=santaanafinal_0001.mp4