PDA

View Full Version : Windy has Stormy eyes! that fash ................

DynoDan
01-21-2013, 08:26 PM
So decided to fish on this MLK day instead of staying home. SirSags and I hit the lake around 9 am just Cuz we could ! Wind had already started. Launch the boat to find my fuel line had a mean crack in it and as I'm struggling to fix it a nice employee on his day off offers to help. Nice! Huge shout out to lake staff again! Thanks Johnny. We head out to are spot blind cuz ff isn't working. Set anchors and here we go! NC dipped in BOG and juiced up was the ticket. Landed four fish while fighting with thee wind. Finally decided to check fuses to see if the ff was blown and sure enough so we replace with the pump fuse and bingo we live! So we cruise the area and the ff lights up with fish so we go to set anchors and plop there goes the anchor and chain with out the rope! :Confused: so sad! Well with the wind and one less anchor we manage 1 more fish and its time to troll in with one hit and miss! So we load up and leave just as we hit the bump by the exit the trailer comes off the back out my FJ and I come to a slow stop! Expecting to see the trailer off the ball to my surprise the whole hitch came out. Some one stole the pin to the hitch. Man I could not believe this would happen @ the vine! A buddy on the 91fwy came to the rescue. Under stand what I am about to say please. I give God all the props for letting this happen to me in the parking lot and not on the hwy or Fwy. What someone meant for evil God worked it out for good! How you may say? For the simple fact that no one got injured , my truck and boat were fine! That my friends is plain and simple divine intervention! Well any how take care and lock your pins!

FKNChristopH
01-21-2013, 10:06 PM
Crazy day for you indeed. Glad it happened inthe parking lot and not on the freeway!

*shakkkaaa*

OC ANGLER
01-22-2013, 02:14 AM
Wow Dan thank god it happened when it did! Sucks someone would be that way...

5150fishn
01-22-2013, 04:36 PM
What a crazy day bro! Bummer about the anchor but it happens to us all. The hitch pin theft is so not cool. That could have ended badly! Glad to hear that it all ended fine but someone has some serious bad Karma coming their way!

JAG107
01-22-2013, 08:06 PM
so you're getting a locking pin right?
Its horrible that we live in a world with locking gas caps and locking hitch pins, and I feel your frustration on your lost pin, but youre 100% right you could have lost your baby on the fwy and that would have been all kinds of bad.
The good news is you had a good day on the water catching trout!

Rooster
01-22-2013, 09:49 PM
Im glad all turned out ok bro.

Carptain_Bao
01-22-2013, 11:28 PM
sorry to hear bout what happened to the trailer, I am just glad it was in the parking lot. Not the best day fishing but at least it didn't turn into a bad day!