View Full Version : Totally Late Tubular Report: MLK tourney day 1

FKNChristopH
01-21-2013, 08:02 PM
Short Report:
Wet: 0630, dry: 1300
Temp: 54*F
Depth: 12-29feet
Kill count: 2 (1 red 2.7#)
Method of destruction: Pink egg/White tail Trout king plastic dipped in Bite-On Roe

Long Report:
Woke up early, got to the lake around 0500 and met up with the boys of Bite-On. Helped set up a little bit after entering both the big fish and blind bogey tournament. Went back to the car around 0550 to blow up the tube and retie my lines since I was too lazy to do it the night before. Rigged up with a pink Owner mira shad, carolina rigged pink egg/white tail TK mouse, and a white TK mini jig. The normal go-to's for the Vine as of late. In the water pretty fast for me and headed straight to the WS with the boys. First bite came around mid way in between the boat docks and WS. SLOWWWWWWW day for me. I worked everything. The fish were holding tight to the bottom and were hitting only stationary baits. Both my fish came off a dead sticked pink egg/White tail TK mouse tail dipped in Bite-On Roe. I fished the WS, Boat dock cove, point near woody's and everything. Saw a lot of quality fish caught of B&W'ers near WS and saw Aaron's piggie from a distance on a drop shotted worm. Good day regardless. I didnt place in the tourney nor did I win any money in the blind bogey but hey, its called fishing for a reason. Congrats to all those who qualified and see you guys soon.

*shakkaa*

Ps. im currently uploading a mini montage of my last 2 trips to the vine. Only got 1 of my fish from saturday on the gopro and 2 fish from the Yosemite Red tourney. Dont judge me, its my first video edit:LOL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OisIQqq_yfM&feature=youtu.be

Troutin Man
01-21-2013, 10:16 PM
Nice video! It's always great to see video of catches! It helps me get "away" for just a bit!

Great job out there!

OC ANGLER
01-22-2013, 01:19 AM
Not bad for a first edit, good job man!

Was a ruff day for me also... Was getting bites but couldn't close the deal, finally landed my first after 1pm and turned out to be a bass in the flats.. Was bout 130 and was heading back for the raffle and finally landed a 2lber and made it back for the blind bogie. O well until next time

the killa fish taco
01-22-2013, 09:26 AM
Good job out there Chris... Thanks for the help in the morning as well. Your time will come for a DD soon. Keep throwing that crank!!!

InspectaDekz
01-22-2013, 10:49 AM
Great report and sweet video! Last couple times out the mice tails have killed it for me. Pink and white is shiznit!

Prowler_Tuber
01-22-2013, 12:38 PM
Great report, the video rocks!!!!

FKNChristopH
01-22-2013, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the positive comments guys!

*skakaa*

5150fishn
01-22-2013, 04:26 PM
Good job on the video! Thanks for the report, I had a limit style day trolling on my yak but they were all cookie cutter 11/2# fish. It was fun though and Bite-on as usual put on a great tourney. See you on the water soon bro.

Rooster
01-22-2013, 10:04 PM
Great video bro, always enjoy your reports

TroutOnly
01-23-2013, 10:12 AM
Really nice video,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,