PDA

View Full Version : SARL sun 1/20 float tube short report

-mike
01-21-2013, 11:46 AM
On the water: 7:30am
Off the water: 3:00pm
Water temp: 52
Water visibility: clear

The bite at SARL is red hot! I decided to go fishing on sunday to avoid saturday's tournament crowd. There were still a ton of fish in the lake! I caught most of my fish on the dropshot (2 foot leader and #5 split shot). I was using trout king worms in white and pink. The trout in SARL sure do fight hard! Even the little 1-pounders will peel a lot of drag if you're using 2 pound test. I had to switch to my other rod with 4-pound test because every time I caught a fish on the rod with the 2-pound test my line would be all twisted from the drag peeling

Biggest trout I caught was about a 3 pounder. The wind got a little annoying at times but not too bad. There were plenty of float tubers there. Overall a very light crowd though for a sunday. If you're bait fishing use a long leader because the water's very clear. Go get em!

allanon
01-21-2013, 06:35 PM
Thanks for the report! I was thinking of fishing Sunday or today, but alas, life gets in the way.

EfrenM
01-21-2013, 08:15 PM
I think I saw you on Sunday were you anchored on your float tube in front of the pump? If that was you, you were doing pretty good

Troutin Man
01-21-2013, 10:10 PM
Sounds great! Thanks for the report! I had dreams and aspirations to get out and fish one of these 3 days this weekend, but only got to drive by Lincoln Park Lake and hit it for 1 hour. Of all the fisherman, only the damn hawk caught one in the middle of the lake!

-mike
01-22-2013, 12:25 PM
I think I saw you on Sunday were you anchored on your float tube in front of the pump? If that was you, you were doing pretty good

That was probably somebody else. I was in a grey ODC420 wearing light brown waders and a white t-shirt