PDA

View Full Version : Good Sign...

DockRat
01-21-2013, 07:00 AM
Sunday off Pier J LB inside of Queens Gate there was over 200 Pelicans circling and diving on a huge Bait Ball.
Then a school of over 100 Porpoise came in to chow down also. Seals joined the party too. The place was full of life. The day before it was glassy and hard to find a seagull.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a242/kittyjohnson/Lookups/anchovies.jpg

TUNAVIC
01-21-2013, 09:41 AM
Sounds great, I think all the seagulls were inland, I live in Whittier,and during the day,there were hundreds and hundreds just riding the air currents above,just going in circles.

Cy TunaVic

Ifishtoolittle
01-22-2013, 08:43 PM
Good sign indeed! I really hope this positivity extends into SM bay.

DockRat
01-23-2013, 06:03 AM
Not too many sardines around. Talked to the guy at KH bait and he said Larry hasn't needed to catch bait in over a month (lack of demand). Last week the dude at SP bait said there is no sardines to be caught anywhere. They do have dines that have been curing for 5 weeks. Plenty of chovies around though. It is the time of year when the krill gets thick.

They had some great anchovies last week. When you get the chovies and they all go straight to the bottom 1/4 the bait tank and circle slowly that is ideal. That shows that they are cured good.
100 + Porpoise came through Queens gate again yesterday off Pier J but no massive bait balls like the day before.
DR