PDA

View Full Version : Legg Lake

sergioa
01-20-2013, 07:54 AM
Any info on this lake? would like to go there this week, I hear is pretty big.thanks

smokinflies
01-20-2013, 08:37 AM
Lakes r highly pressured by anglers daily. GL

Danny300
01-20-2013, 09:35 AM
its the DVL of the west.

sergioa
01-20-2013, 12:36 PM
I live close to El Dorado and Cerritos Lake and always looking for places where to go fishing, if you have any suggestions I would apreciate it

smokinflies
01-20-2013, 02:19 PM
its the DVL of the west.

Lol

I live close to El Dorado and Cerritos Lake and always looking for places where to go fishing, if you have any suggestions I would apreciate it

Try alamitos bay

iRavensfan
01-29-2013, 11:57 AM
Do you know Why its called LEGG LAKE??

Numerous Dead Body's have been found in the lake.

hence "LEGG Lake"

Cartman
01-29-2013, 08:01 PM
Any info on this lake? would like to go there this week, I hear is pretty big.thanks

There are actually three nice little lakes there. Very safe. Very pretty. Lots of birds of all types. The lakes get stocked approximately every two weeks. Very hard to catch much on account of predation by birds and bass, but worth a try. I have caught my limit of trout there, a lot of blue gill, some catfish, and once a really big crappie. I've fished for carp unsuccessfully, but I saw pictures of a big one that came out of there. Caught a huge tilapia once. I think bass is the most popular fish to catch thee. I have seen a lot of bass caught pretty easily, though I have never caught any. Only down side really is that the park is right next to the freeway and right across the street from a shotgun shooting range, so you get a lot of traffic and shooting noise. Still, it is a peacful and nice place to fish. Lots of families around and lots of people jogging. Game wardens are sometimes on horses, too.

georatm2011
01-29-2013, 10:56 PM

Have you ever tried Downey Wilderness Park, went trout fishing on saturday and ended up catching two catfish on Garlic Gulp PB. Cerritos is great for the first couple of days when it's stocked too though.

jbassc
01-29-2013, 11:26 PM
Dont go there man..the place sucks ***** plus theres no fish in there the place got poached a few years ago...waste of your fishing time.

Ifishtoolittle
01-29-2013, 11:44 PM
^ Don't listen to this guy. He says this to a lot of anglers who wish to fish the lake.

Growing up, this used to be the only lake that I would ever go to so it is safe. In terms of fishing it really boils down to what you are pursuing. Bass? Bluegill? Trout? Catfish? Snakehead? lol I'm kidding about that last one.

If you are targeting bluegills this lake can be really fun in the warmer months just remember to catch and release, but if you must keep fish keep only what you need and no 25 fish is not what anyone really needs. For bass fishing I won't say it's a hit or miss, but you definitely need to study the lake and the fish in order to do well. I am by no means a bass fishing extraordinaire, but I've caught a few decent fish in those lakes over the years. Is there one killer lure when it comes to fishing those lakes? lol Senko! At least that's what everyone throws. haha

For catfish I've seen some nice sized ones caught in the past and they were released. But, just like trout you should come on or the days following the stock. Fishing for trout is a tough one or at least it is for me since I never catch the stock truck. Anywho, have fun if you decide to make the trip.

Keep in mind one thing though the lake is really highly pressured so your skills may be tested.

Catch and release is best. Keep the trout and catfish. I don't care about those! :ROFL:

flybynight
01-30-2013, 02:53 AM
They still have HOLLIGANS hanging out there ?

FishinElectrician
01-30-2013, 10:46 AM
Whats a holligan? SMH...

Pay no attention to people trying to deter you from fishing this lake. Its not someones private lake, and its not some killing field as some people would want to make you think. The only thing that is wrong with this lake is the people who insist on feeding the animals, the filthy people who dont know how to pick up their trash, and poachers.

Try Legg Lake out, bro. If you dial it in right, you might catch your PB Bass at these lakes, some stocked trout, or even some hand sized panfish. Youll have to put in some hours figuring it out, though, thats for sure! Good luck out there!!!

DarkShadow
01-30-2013, 10:57 AM
Whats a holligan?

A relative of Gilligan.

http://stylemens.typepad.com/details__thegadabout/images/2008/07/31/gilligan.jpg

Pay no attention to people trying to deter you from fishing this lake. Its not someones private lake, and its not some killing field as some people would want to make you think. The only thing that is wrong with this lake is the people who insist on feeding the animals, the filthy people who dont know how to pick up their trash, and poachers.

Try Legg Lake out, bro. If you dial it in right, you might catch your PB Bass at these lakes, some stocked trout, or even some hand sized panfish. Youll have to put in some hours figuring it out, though, thats for sure! Good luck out there!!!

Yeah, I agree, just go out there and throw a line out. City Park lakes are great places to hone your skills for pressured fish. You'll find those skills transfer to bigger bodies of water.

sergioa
01-31-2013, 07:14 AM
thanks for your posts