PDA

View Full Version : seans shady jig co???

gamekiller
01-20-2013, 06:09 AM
I refuse to give them a hit on the net, so excuse the word-played title. Recently ive been seeing more posts with this company here and other forums, however, wasn't this company caught posting false pictures of fish, basically lying to everyone saying they were caught on their jigs(when they weren't)?? It baffles me how the hell people can continue to support a business like that....disgusting

wake up people!!!

MexicanPistachio
01-20-2013, 03:21 PM
did they do something to you?

gamekiller
01-20-2013, 08:39 PM
Are you a member of their "professional" staff, for lack of better words, or just friends with them?

So trying to deceive myself and fellow anglers isnt enough to be turned off by? Ill assume you're a bonds and clemens fan too. I just wanted to clarify before i made the mistake and purchased their products. And if this is true, hopefully it will remind and enlighten a few peeps as well

MexicanPistachio
01-21-2013, 12:10 AM
Me? I dont do the pro staff thing. I fish what I want when I want. I do chit chat when I see them fishing tho, but I do that with others I regularly see. I was just wondering because your post came out of left field.

Im a Dodger fan so I hate Bonds and every other Giants player.

Are you a member of their "professional" staff, for lack of better words, or just friends with them?

So trying to deceive myself and fellow anglers isnt enough to be turned off by? Ill assume you're a bonds and clemens fan too. I just wanted to clarify before i made the mistake and purchased their products. And if this is true, hopefully it will remind and enlighten a few peeps as well

Trout Daddy
01-24-2013, 01:35 PM

Smokin Jigz work. Plain and Simple. Sounds like you are trying to bring up some old stuff that allegedly happened for personal gain or something. As far as Clemens and Bonds, absolutely when they played I was a fan of both of them. Still am today. But by all means don't purchase any Smokin Jigz, I'm sure Shaun will do just fine without your money.......

ghost2uu
01-24-2013, 02:03 PM
Smokin Jigz work. Plain and Simple. Sounds like you are trying to bring up some old stuff that allegedly happened for personal gain or something. As far as Clemens and Bonds, absolutely when they played I was a fan of both of them. Still am today. But by all means don't purchase any Smokin Jigz, I'm sure Shaun will do just fine without your money.......

I would say it is not alleged. He used a pic of a fish I caught (I have never met him) and said it was his Canadian Pro Staff with a 10 pound brown trout. I believe it happened last year so it's not that old in my opinion. I agree this post did come from nowhere in left field. Go Angels!

Trout Daddy
01-24-2013, 02:14 PM
I would say it is not alleged. He used a pic of a fish I caught (I have never met him) and said it was his Canadian Pro Staff with a 10 pound brown trout. I believe it happened last year so it's not that old in my opinion. I agree this post did come from nowhere in left field. Go Angels!

Thanks Ghost2uu, I will ask him about it. I've seen him and his staff personally catch several large fish several times over so not sure what the deal is with that......

ityperx
01-24-2013, 03:01 PM

I've used some of their products when the usual(powerbait worms, pee wee, trout magnet etc...) doesn't work. And that's the satisfaction I get it from. I got nothing bad to say about Smoking jigz. Never meet any of the pro staffs.

DarkShadow
01-24-2013, 04:25 PM
He used a pic of a fish I caught (I have never met him) and said it was his Canadian Pro Staff with a 10 pound brown trout.

So you're not Canadian?

ghost2uu
01-24-2013, 04:36 PM
So you're not Canadian?

NO! What's that all aboot? LOL

GhettoBasster
01-24-2013, 08:28 PM
I refuse to give them a hit on the net, so excuse the word-played title. Recently ive been seeing more posts with this company here and other forums, however, wasn't this company caught posting false pictures of fish, basically lying to everyone saying they were caught on their jigs(when they weren't)?? It baffles me how the hell people can continue to support a business like that....disgusting

wake up people!!!

This is ironic. I've never heard of this company until this post. Now that I've checked out their website, it seems like they make some decent stuff in colors that Berkeley Power Worms don't come in. The worms might work well for urban cricks. Don't know if the owners are jerks or not, but I might give some of their stuff a try. Sorry if they screwed you over. Wait.....is this post using reverse psychology to turn us on to Smokin Jigz? Doh! I almost fell for it!!!!!

smokehound
01-25-2013, 02:48 AM
I second the irony, now a whole bunch of people are gonna visit them just because you hate them...

lmfao

the dude
01-25-2013, 06:24 AM
Your right on that ! lol
I second the irony, now a whole bunch of people are gonna visit them just because you hate them...

lmfao

DarkShadow
01-25-2013, 01:10 PM
NO! What's that all aboot? LOL

My bad.

After i saw the picture, I thought you were all about bombing on Molson's and Labatt Blues and moose meat.

So did these guys even send you a "my bad" for using your image to promote their product?

Prowler_Tuber
01-25-2013, 01:28 PM
You know be a man about it, contact them directly instead of trying to TROLL around here, or slam someones company, take that crap some place else. Its easy to hide behind a computer keep these posts for your facebook page where people can actually know who you are. SMH

DarkShadow
01-25-2013, 01:55 PM
You know be a man about it, contact them directly instead of trying to TROLL around here, or slam someones company, take that crap some place else. Its easy to hide behind a computer keep these posts for your facebook page where people can actually know who you are. SMH

Personally, if someone used my likeness without my permission to promote their products, I would have no problems shaming them publicly.

You mean to tell me I'm supposed to go reach out to them when they didn't reach out to me in the first place to use my image in their promotional materials? Yeah, no.

Luckily it didn't happen to any other person, or else someone would've gotten a nice Cease and Desist letter in their mailbox. They're lucky all they got was a public shaming.

So back to the thread.

Did anybody from the company reach out to you ghost2uu and let you know whey they thought it was a good idea to promote their products using your image that they had no permission to use? Did you even catch that big brown trout with one of their products?

angelsfan951
01-25-2013, 02:06 PM
If i not mistaken i saw a thread last year were this issue was adressed and photo was taking down from their site. Lets plz move on from this if u dont like their products dont purchase them. Simple as that.

DarkShadow
01-25-2013, 02:12 PM
.....this issue was adressed ....

So they addressed it by admitting to falsifying an image to further their product sales and apologizing to the person whose image was used?

If so, great!

Where's the thread at, i'd love to see how they addressed this matter.

ghost2uu
01-25-2013, 02:52 PM
So they addressed it by admitting to falsifying an image to further their product sales and apologizing to the person whose image was used?

If so, great!

Where's the thread at, i'd love to see how they addressed this matter.

No one ever apologized. I was mad at the time and flamed them on this site. I caught the fish on a Lip Ripperz jig and 4 pound line. Caught it on Lower Twin in Bridgeport.

river_fish
01-25-2013, 03:13 PM
trout fisherman :LOL: :Finger:

DotA
01-25-2013, 11:14 PM
no comment........

DotA
01-25-2013, 11:57 PM
lol nvm...

smokehound
01-26-2013, 12:12 AM
I'd rather just buy some arkies panfish grubs.. They work quite well.

seal
01-26-2013, 09:47 AM
May I suggest Sierra Slammer's a professionally run lure company with great products. Oh and they are a sponsor of FNN and the owner run's a fine establishment up in the Sierra's.

http://sierraslammers.com/

sandtrout
06-01-2013, 11:08 AM
Well, after reading the complaint...I had to order some. I tried them at Irvine and the orange worked well for me. I was jigging them from the shore with a split shot near the launch ramp. There was one guy doing better than I was but he was using a darker orange from Smokin Jigz that isn't out yet...he gave me some as he had a bag with around 200 of just that color. Worked great but I only caught one 3.2 pounds, the rest were fairly small but there was a LOT of them. When I got home I ordered more of that darker orange one and them were polite and timely.

Hey Seal...I tried those Sierra Slammers at South Lake. I used the cricket color and they worked great! They didn't hold up (I only got 4 fish out of one worm before it was too thrashed to use) as well as some others but that color was hot. I switched over to a Moone worm (pearl pink I think) and it was "hammer down". I was able to use just that one color for 11 fish before it was too thrashed to use. They're not a pretty worm (downright ugly if you ask me) and there's nothing fancy about them...they're not "ribbed" or "tapered" but I used just that one color for a great time up there (3 weeks) until I ran out. Then it was white/yellow minijigs that took over. This year I'll try some of these Smokin Jigz to see how they work. Rod of choice for me was a GLoomis 6'6" from a tube and a 7'6" Mujica from the shore...it helps me got those worm and split shot rigs out farther from the shore (and also popping a bobber and worm, jig, or fly)...gotta love those Phoenix blanks he uses!
May I suggest Sierra Slammer's a professionally run lure company with great products. Oh and they are a sponsor of FNN and the owner run's a fine establishment up in the Sierra's.

http://sierraslammers.com/

Danny300
06-03-2013, 02:12 PM
Irvine? Sure it wasn't Canada or Alaska? LOL

StonedFisherman
06-05-2013, 11:23 PM
no comment........

i saw these guys at gausti snagging fish with there jigs and taking photos of them!... just my two cents!!! Them and Lip Rippers have something in common, They both don't work!!! hehehehe!!

DANNY SMOKIN JIGZ
06-06-2013, 09:36 AM
i saw these guys at gausti snagging fish with there jigs and taking photos of them!... just my two cents!!! Them and Lip Rippers have something in common, They both don't work!!! hehehehe!!

hey Stoned Fisherman,
just an FYI this guy you saw was adressed for snagging by the staff and kicked off the team. That type of stuff is no longer tolerated by the team or owners. So on behalf of the pro staff i do appologize for the foul sportsman like actions that previous fisherman displayed.
have a good one bro and tight lines.

the killa fish taco
06-06-2013, 10:18 AM
How about weighing in someone else fish at a Irvine Tournament?

DANNY SMOKIN JIGZ
06-06-2013, 10:39 AM
How about weighing in someone else fish at a Irvine Tournament?

you really want to start with that Aaron, im not even going to start with how many fish ive seen you snag.... or hand off... that issue was addressed too and taken care of by both the owner and irvine staff.

the killa fish taco
06-06-2013, 10:57 AM
you really want to start with that Aaron, im not even going to start with how many fish ive seen you snag.... or hand off... that issue was addressed too and taken care of by both the owner and irvine staff.

NICE.... Glad you guys took care of that Danny cause that bumped me out of the Masters.

angelsfan951
06-06-2013, 11:43 AM

well this just got intresting

the killa fish taco
06-06-2013, 12:57 PM

I must be damn good at snagging since I fish from a float tube. I dont walk the shore line like some people.

Danny300
06-08-2013, 11:58 AM
I must be damn good at snagging since I fish from a float tube. I dont walk the shore line like some people.

hahaha!!!!!!!

taco 1 ......team Shaun's snagin jizz 0