PDA

View Full Version : How to fish Pyramid for Trout

Cartman
01-19-2013, 05:23 PM
I've driven past but never fished Pyramid. Going there with some friends in a couple of weeks, and I'm wondering where and how I should fish there...strictly bank fishing. It seems like a really big lake for depending on trout plants, but that's our plan. Any suggestions?

fishfinder
01-21-2013, 06:32 PM
I've driven past but never fished Pyramid. Going there with some friends in a couple of weeks, and I'm wondering where and how I should fish there...strictly bank fishing. It seems like a really big lake for depending on trout plants, but that's our plan. Any suggestions?

well, they stocked trout this week. so in 2 more weeks they should stock. if they stock the week you go. get there when the gates open. fish right off the boat ramp til the sherriff gets in. use lip ripperz or minijigs. 5 casts 5 fish.

Cartman
01-22-2013, 07:04 PM
well, they stocked trout this week. so in 2 more weeks they should stock. if they stock the week you go. get there when the gates open. fish right off the boat ramp til the sherriff gets in. use lip ripperz or minijigs. 5 casts 5 fish.

Thanks for the tip. BTW, what will happen when the sheriff gets in?

quix
01-23-2013, 11:01 AM
Thanks for the tip. BTW, what will happen when the sheriff gets in?

I've never seen them cite anybody for fishing there... but you will most definitely be told to leave that spot with a warning.

Another good spot for trout is right when you get in the parking lot... to your right. Fish from the rails where the current is strong. I've caught my limit many times there. If you're going on a weekend, make sure to get there right as the gates open. That part gets packed real fast. It ain't pretty as you're standing on concrete... but you're more likely to land your trout there than anywhere else on the lake that isn't illegal to fish from. It's a wind tunnel... make sure you're away from other fishermen as it's not uncommon to tangle lines with them.

Good luck and tight lines!