PDA

View Full Version : Lake Dixon... any advise?

Karyn
01-16-2013, 09:02 PM
So, I'm off on another great Karyn adventure- Lake Dixon. Any suggestions or advise? My New Years resolution is to try three new things a week- so, in theory, I will try 150+ NEW things this year. Fishing in lakes i've never been to- count :) And, I have a LONG list!

Life is good!
Thank you in advance.

Hometown
01-16-2013, 10:27 PM
Have fun I like your New year resolution.Sorry no help for Lake Dixon only fished once a long time ago

ben0606
01-17-2013, 02:14 AM
Bass everywhere, big ones too. Get creative for them cause there's a lot for them to eat getting that big. Trout you can hit trout cove, whisker bay, jack creek cove and the buoy line. The water inlet at the bottom of trout cove is stacked with fish swimming into the current. If you get a boat position yourself right above the inlet and drop straight down with your bait or jig carry into the current right in their face. Be early cause certain days your competing for good positioning against shore fishermen and other boats. Coves are very small but the water clarity is amazing at times. Miss that lake great fishing once I learned the lake. Slay away......

Karyn
01-17-2013, 06:27 AM
Have fun I like your New year resolution.Sorry no help for Lake Dixon only fished once a long time ago

Thanks Hometown :) I'm up I know it's only the third week of Jan, but I'm up to trying 32 new different things. I'm being silly and documenting it- just keeping a little book with what I've tried and if I liked it. Having a lot of fun getting out of my box. I've tried some simple things- a nail polish I would have never chosen with glitter dust- to new foods- to new activities- to going to different places- to....some more personal adventures.... It's been a ton of fun! Just keepin it fun and simple.

Bass everywhere, big ones too. Get creative for them cause there's a lot for them to eat getting that big. Trout you can hit trout cove, whisker bay, jack creek cove and the buoy line. The water inlet at the bottom of trout cove is stacked with fish swimming into the current. If you get a boat position yourself right above the inlet and drop straight down with your bait or jig carry into the current right in their face. Be early cause certain days your competing for good positioning against shore fishermen and other boats. Coves are very small but the water clarity is amazing at times. Miss that lake great fishing once I learned the lake. Slay away......

Thanks Ben for the help. I read the bass bite is hot right now, so I thought I'd give the lake a try. I'm going to lighten up my load, and walk the shore. If the bite is good, ill be back on Saturday- if not, then I'm going to hit up a different lake. Haven't decided which one- I recently went to Santee Lakes- for the hell of it- but decided to leave and go to my all time fav- about 2 hours into it. My tackle bag is full of some new goodies; I'm excited to try them out.

It's going to be a great day! And the weather is going to be perfect! Life is good!