PDA

View Full Version : giant squid all gone????? look at o.c. reports....

BALLERONBUDGET
01-16-2013, 05:05 PM
yup from 1000s for 2day count to mere nada! local fish reports blew up the hype when they were caught but what about the days jack didily or nada were reported???? the landing reports were several days old listed online n even by phone mssg.. yeah business is business n poor reports = lost revenue $$$ if no one shows.. but if ure gonna report 600+ one day, they shud also point out the nada reports for the days that followed aswell... im sure lots of us got skunked last week as each boat was nearly full to 70+capacity... we had better luck " night whale watching" as we saw few nite dolphins than we did putting squid aboard. captn on patriot was talking smack that we reeled out lines in too slow yet failed to find any and instead go where 20 other boates were in o.c. ; 15min fish time for 5hr boat ride no joke and lots of p.off anglers... if u caught a sandab u cudhv won jackpot its was that baddd....

WAHBAM
01-16-2013, 09:13 PM
I had a feeling they would be gone. But they will be back in September from what I hear.

DockRat
01-17-2013, 07:25 AM
I doubt they left. They just moved. It's a big ocean and they could have gone 10 miles.
BUT, If nobody knows where they are it is a mystery. You would need to run grid patterns for miles to find them.
DR

zzzfish
01-17-2013, 02:38 PM
You must have went to Davey Locker/Newport Landing since you mentioned the long drive and the short fishing time. Don't let the bad service discourage you from fishing. You'll get them next year.

JapanRon
01-17-2013, 03:58 PM
Hi BALLERONBUDGET,

Hear a lot of such experiences. ALWAYA too many folks. What's so fantastic about Giant Squid !!?

Thanks,

JapanRon