PDA

View Full Version : Don't leave your things in plain view

GhettoBasster
01-15-2013, 11:37 PM
A co-worker of mine recently had his car broken into. The jerk(s) stole a backpack which contained his fishing tackle which included about 20 Lucky Craft$. They were not after fishing equipment as they left his his fishing rods alone. I've often been tempted to leave my fishing equipment in my car overnight so I can just jump in and get fishing ASAP, but after stories like this I'm happy to load the car up in the morning.

Cadillyak
01-16-2013, 01:36 AM
Tinted windows are worth it. Not saying they would have prevented it though. They serve so many different roles. Worth the $150 fix-it ticket for sure. I'll keep an eye out on Craigslist for some cheap LCs. Karma will hit them 10x's over.

OC ANGLER
01-16-2013, 02:44 AM
Wow that blows.... Ya I agree with ya id wake up 20 min early to load the truck then leave things out if I had to.

BALLERONBUDGET
01-16-2013, 06:35 AM
yeah sux even more so on boats..$$$ reels , wallets ,cell etc...left wide open in tackle boxes when bites are wide open. someone stole my spare reel and irons last yr! punk azzess...... esp when u been fishing all day, take a nap in bunks then wake up arrival at ports..didnt notice stuff was missing till i got home f*ckers... u assume u can trust ur fellow fishermen aboard, but theres always gonna be a bad apple in the bunch...

DockRat
01-16-2013, 07:01 AM
Tinted windows are worth it.
X2, don't tint the front 2 though, Limo tint on the rest. Use a sun shade on the front and a cut sun shade for the front 2. Tint the front 2 ? No Way. Why risk getting pulled over ?
DUI is too expensive. Lol.

I keep a lot of fishing stuff in my car. If you toss a bunch of crap over your stuff, jackets, gunny sacks,
hefty bags. Make it look messy and they will pass on it. Clean neat organized will always get broken into.