PDA

View Full Version : CABO LOCO TOUR 2007! ! !! !

Nessie Hunter
04-11-2007, 10:09 AM
Repost from Old site (originally posted by Ahhvtech (Duc) on old site)....
------------------------------------------

Hi Gang, got the 2007 pricing and it has gone up substantially. We need a $200 deposit (nonrefundable so please don't commit unless you are 120% sure)and the balance needs to be paid at the end of July. So you can either make payments or pay it off at the end. This makes it too easy right? The peeps that went last year can vouch that not only was the fishing good but the fun of just hanging out with a bunch of good people is priceless!

Also if you want shirts, please specify size and men's or women's. Price is $12 ea and must be paid in advance prior to delivery.

We always set this trip for the last weekend of Sept. Date this year is Sept 27 through Sept 30th.

*EDIT*For those of you who want to go but is strapped with cash due to the holidays. I will accept Paypal. The travel agency will not accept credit cards but I will via paypal if that makes it easier for you all.

Just trying to help out if I can. Be sure note who you are so that I can credit the proper people.

Price this year is $960 with the following:

- Round trip airfare via Alaska Airlines,
- Three nights hotel stay,
- Two days of fishing on a superpanga (2 man teams)
- All the food you can eat,
- All the booz you can drink,
- All taxes and tips,
- Transfers from airport to hotel (round trip),
- Room service,
- Box Lunches for fishing,
- Fillet
- Freezing,
Hotel has:
- 6 restaurants,
- 24 hour room service,
- Two pools,
- Clubs,
- Gym,
- 2 swim up bars,
- 4 bars

Attendees:
1 - Ahhvtec 1 (L) - Paid in Full
2 - Mrs Ahhvtec 1 (S baby Tee) - Paid in Full
3 - Nessie Hunter 1 (XL) - Paid in Full
4 - Svue - $200 rec'd
5 - Mrs. Svue - $200 rec'd
6 - "O" - $200 rec'd
7 - Sergi-Ho 1 (XL) - $200 rec'd
8 - Redat9 - $200 rec'd
9 - Spugenman 1 (XL) - $200 rec'd
10 - Anthony Martinez 1 (2XL) - $200 rec'd
11 - Sharon Martinez 1 (L Tank)- $200 rec'd
12 - Jikser's friend - $200 rec'd
13 - Jikser's friend - $200 rec'd
14 - Nextfishingchamp 1 (3XL) - $799 rec'd
15 - Mrs. Nextfishingchamp 1(L tank) - Paid in Full
16 - gnfshn 1 (L) - $200 rec'd
17 - Mrs. gnfshn 1 (M tank) - $200 rec'd
18 - Normalfellow 1 (M) - $200 rec'd
19 - Ms normalfellow 1 (S Tank) - $200 rec'd
20 - Occy - $265 rec'd
21 - O's gf - $200 rec'd
22 - Wildhorse1966 1 (3XL) - $200 rec'd
23 - Ms Wildhorse 1 (XL Ladies Tank) = $200 rec'd
24 - Lokey - $200 rec'd
25 - Fishtaco 1 (2XL)Paid in full
26 - Lee Wilkins - $200 rec'd
27 - Maura Castillas - $200 rec'd
28 - Sonny Ramirez - $200 rec'd
29 - Chrystal Martinez - $200 rec'd
30 - Trbokev - $200 rec'd
31 - Trbokev's bro - $200 rec'd
32 - Grannyfish - $200 rec'd
33 - Mr. Grannyfish - $200 rec'd
34 - Sashimi - $200 rec'd
35 - Asian Noodle - $275 rec'd
36 - Mike Teague - $200 rec'd
37 - Jeff Field - $200 rec'd
38 - Mrs. Jeff Field - $200 rec'd
39 - Eddie Pendregon - Paid in full
40 - Brad - $200 rec'd
41 - Goodman - $200 rec'd
42 - Jikser - $200 rec'd
43 - Mrs. Jikser - $200 rec'd
44 - GyroFX - $200 rec'd
45 - Ms GyroFX - $200 rec'd
46 - Bigf Ed (XXXL) - $200 rec'd
47 - Mrs. Big Ed (S)- $200 rec'd
48 - Big Ed's Friend (XL_#1 - $200 rec'd
49 - Big Ed's Friend #2 (S Tank) - $200 rec'd
50 - Mrs. Eddie Pendregon - $200 rec'd
51 - Wildhorse1966's sis - $200 rec'd
52 - Wildhorse1966's sis' friend - $200 rec'd
53 - Jimmy - Paid in full
54 - Jim (Occy's pops) - $265 rec'd
55 - Drifter 57 - $200 rec'd
56 - Drifter57's friend - $200 rec'd
57 - fishfiner333 - $200 rec'd
58 - Fishfiner333's Friend - $200 rec'd
59 - Wildhorse's Dad - $200 rec'd
60 - Wildhorse's Mother - $200 rec'd
61 - Aesrock 1 (3XL)- $00 rec'd
62 - Ms Aesrock (L) Tank - $200 rec'd
63 - Onemorecast's dad - $300 rec'd
64 - Onemorecast (XL) - $300 rec'd
65 - Nessie's Son - $300 rec'd

GET THOSE PASSPORTS, DONT DELAY..

04-11-2007, 10:27 AM
Thanks Frank!!

Nessie Hunter
04-11-2007, 10:32 AM
Any post's on the old site you think are needed, feel free to copy/paste here..

It is so long............ I will be going through it also.........

Duc is signing in the new board soon... So he can update things as needed.... :D

ahhvtec
04-11-2007, 04:51 PM
Thanks for taking the lead Frank. There is no way I am going to list everything again. Maybe we can link it?

Nessie Hunter
04-11-2007, 05:34 PM
Thanks for taking the lead Frank. There is no way I am going to list everything again. Maybe we can link it?

Good Idea Duc.... :D

http://tinyurl.com/2jzvug

Here is the 20 pages or so of the original thread........

Lots of pics, video's etc and information, great read Just for kicks.............

ahhvtec
04-11-2007, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the sticky Dana!

gnfshn
04-11-2007, 10:45 PM
Where the heck is my passport?

gnfshn
04-11-2007, 11:29 PM
Hope you don't mind Frank. 17 pages into the last one. I thought this was some good stuff.

`````````````````````````````
Nessie Hunter
Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:27 pm Post subject:

A few questions that have come up from others.. I will try to answer here..

You're allowed up to two pieces of checked baggage. Each bag can be a maximum of 62 linear inches (length + width + height) and may weigh up to 50 pounds. Excess baggage charges apply to additional pieces, overweight pieces between 51 and 100 pounds and oversized pieces of luggage.

http://tinyurl.com/ajplw

My cooler is 62 quart (wheels & handle = side to side, NOT front to back, much more stable and narrow while pulling), Place carry on size bag on top and Im off......

50 qt will do...
50# of fillets will not quite fill a 50 quart, cooler (extra charges for over 50#,, max is 100#),,, There are max sizes/weights on Alaska Air site for any luggage (W + H + L = Max 62") So make sure it doesnt exceed that... Doesnt hurt to have close to max size (mine is close to 62") to pack stuff in though.. I checked both my bag and cooler, simply carried on Camera, wallet and passport....

From Alaska Air web site:
You're allowed up to two pieces of checked baggage. Each bag can be a maximum of 62 linear inches (length + width + height) and may weigh up to 50 pounds. Excess baggage charges apply to additional pieces, overweight pieces between 51 and 100 pounds and oversized pieces of luggage.

Info at Alaska Air, Q & A etc:
http://tinyurl.com/ajplw

Also look for method of carry on liquids and gels, (Deodorant, shampoo etc) they supply shampoo, soap, lotion etc at hotel.. I shave 1-2 times and will bring one disposabe razor, and chuck it there.... Check in bags with liquid/gels is fine.. Carry on has restrictions.....

Fighting belt, I picked a Kumo rod belt up on sale for $10 last year, worked great.. Watch for sales.. Fred Hall Show, cheapest I found was about $20 and I passed on them luckily..

Rod Tube?? Sporting equip (rod tube) does NOT count in 2 checked pieces of luggage. I am also going to try and buy one, if not, I will beg to share some one elses. If I get one, no problem sharing it..

They hold up to 8 - 10 rods to 8' long... Just from being involved last year, I would recomend Flambeau Bazuka, the handle is long and makes for easy carry (finding balance point) and extends from 6' to 8' .... Again LOOK FOR SALES.. Think Quan paid about $30 on sale for his???...

Terminal tackle:
You can bring a few irons (yo yo, throwing and jigging) or lures, tuna/Dorado feathers, BUT you don’t need them..

Mostly you will just use live bait (drift & troll) or chunk bait (skippies you catch, cut up and chum & hook a piece).. So plenty of 2/0 to 5/0 circle hooks, (and some rubber core line weights 1/2 to 1 Oz).
Or any other style you prefer, circles are best in MHO.. Pangaderos (at least ours) used some small bait hooks. the Hook-UP ratio on the circles was 3 to 1.. That was Calvin and my opinion on our panga... Let it run for 8 count, put in gear, and wait for rod to load up, its on.. 100% for us.... And we were barnies for sure..LMAO...

Two rolls of Duct tape... One to wrap cooler, rod case on flight down (other packed away) and use second roll to wrap them on return flight..

About 60 to 80, 1 gal "Freezer" zip lock bags for Fillets (they have some light plastick bagging stuff (free), but the zip “Freezer� bags are best......

Line?? :
Some are using 20, 30 , 40, 50 # flouro etc.. I am bringing 30, 40, 50 # mono on 2 rods and 3 reels (im lazy and cheap) the fish do not seem line shy at all. I would recommend at least 30# and 40#, the 20# will get some great fights, but it will wear you out (seriously) and takes so long to boat them you will miss a lot of fishing time = fillets….

NO Tackle stores anywhere......... So bring at least the hooks and a few weights (I used rubber core, the few times I weighted line)....

“Fresh� line on reels.. You will be good to go.......

DAM, is it Sept YET????

Nessie Hunter
04-19-2007, 12:24 PM
Those pages on the old calendar are sure turning SLOW ! ! ! :evil:

IS IT SEPT YET ???? :D :D

Just a quicky link to 10 day forecast in Cabo...

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/b ... v_business (http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/tenday/MXBS0135?locid=MXBS0135&from=36hr_topnav_business)
10 Day Local Weather Forecast for Cabo San Lucas, Mexico - weather.com

Its Summer weather already... :thumb: :thumb:

Trunks, tank tops and sun block... BOOOYYAAAAA ! ! !

ahhvtec
05-01-2007, 04:54 PM
Please remember to start sending your payment please! Would help me greatly rather than wait til the last minute.

Duc

Nessie Hunter
05-23-2007, 08:31 AM
Please remember to start sending your payment please! Would help me greatly rather than wait til the last minute.

Duc

TIME IS RUNNING OUT ! ! ! !

MUST BE PAID IN FULL BY END OF JULY............

GET THOSE PASSPORTS.. **NOW***

Or you will not receive them in time to go..

DAM IS IT SEPT YET.. IM PACKED, STOKED AND READY... :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Granny Fish
05-23-2007, 09:14 AM

That's right - and at this point, if you haven't sent for it you better expedite it. I wouldn't chance waiting the 10 weeks.

Duc - final payment is on it's way. Can't wait. :banana:

ahhvtec
05-23-2007, 10:55 AM

Duc

TIME IS RUNNING OUT ! ! ! !

MUST BE PAID IN FULL BY END OF AUGUST............

Or you will not receive them in time to go..

DAM IS IT SEPT YET.. IM PACKED, STOKED AND READY... :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Frankie, thanks for the bump and reminder but payments need to be paid by the end of July not AUGUST. We have so many going this year I am not allowed to wait til August like last year. So please start sending in your payments please!

Duc

Nessie Hunter
05-23-2007, 02:13 PM
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Fixed it.... :oops: :oops:

gnfshn
05-25-2007, 05:29 AM
got both passports in the mail :beer: money on the way now.

Granny Fish
05-25-2007, 10:27 PM
Payment was sent Wednesday.

06-03-2007, 10:32 AM
Duc....final payment should be there...now I have to go order our passports..

Jikser
06-13-2007, 11:08 PM
Full payment for wifey and I should be on your way Duc by the end of Jun. When is the pre-travel meeting gonna be?

Granny Fish
06-16-2007, 11:27 AM
Hey Duc... Hope you got the payment I sent out.

Guess we don't really need passports now as long as we have proof of applying. Good for those slackers... you know who you are. :wink:

I got mine :banana:

... still waiting for the husband's :twisted: going on the 10th week.

Nessie Hunter
06-17-2007, 08:37 AM
My son applied for his Passport last month. Being late, he paid the extra for Expedited Service..

It arrived in 3 weeks...!!!! :D

Now if he would just start paying for the trip??? :bang: :bang:

He lives in Portland, Or, I havnt seen him in almost 4 yrs.. We decided to make a full Vacation out of it, so he is taking 7 to 10 days off and staying with me for several days also. Cheaper flying into Ontario also, about $300 round trip....

I am so looking forward to this trip, this year................. :lol: :banana: :banana:

WE ARE GOING TO OWN CABO..... :D

Granny Fish
06-17-2007, 10:47 AM
Nessie, I'm looking forward to it too. I've never done any of this type of fishing.

Judging from the reports and pictures from previous trips... looks like a blast and what a great way to have a reunion with your son! :thumb:

O
06-20-2007, 03:56 PM
So we dont need to pay for expidited service? just have to show "proof" of applying for a passport? this is good for mexico/canada, ONLY,correct?

Nessie Hunter
06-20-2007, 05:25 PM
I did a little digging and came up with this info, Hope it helps.... I wouldn't go without the passport myself........... :roll:

IMPORTANT NEW INFORMATION: On June 8, 2007, the Departments of State and Homeland Security announced U.S. citizens traveling to Canada, Mexico, Bermuda or countries in the Caribbean region who have applied for, but not yet received passports, can re-enter the United States by air by presentation of a government issued photo identification and Department of State official proof of application for a passport through September 30, 2007. The federal government is making this accommodation for air travel due to longer than expected processing times for passport applications in the face of record-breaking demand.
For details, see: http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html. This accommodation does not affect entry requirements to other countries. Foreign immigration officials may still require a passport, or require a birth certificate or other evidence of U.S. citizenship in addition to proof of application for a U.S. passport and a government-issued photo identification. Travelers are strongly advised to check with the appropriate foreign Embassy for information on their country's entry/exit requirements in relation to this announcement.

U.S. citizens traveling as tourists beyond the border zone or entering Mexico by air must pay a fee to obtain a tourist card, also known as an FM-T, available from Mexican consulates, Mexican border crossing points, Mexican tourism offices, airports within the border zone and most airlines serving Mexico. The fee for the tourist card is generally included in the price of a plane ticket for travelers arriving by air.
(“ We filled this out on the plane�)

In accordance with dispositions by the National Immigration Institute, in order to enter Mexico US citizens should show any US official ID. Passports are not required.

Nonetheless, US citizens must bear in mind the requirements set by the US government for re-entry. These dispositions can be found at:

http://www.travel.state.gov/travel/cbpm ... _2223.html (http://www.travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html)

sashimi
06-26-2007, 11:10 AM
For those who are still looking for a travel rod tube, turners has them on sale until thur for 30 bucks. Will hold 7 ft rods no prob. for the 8ft rods, they are 40 bucks.

Nessie Hunter
06-26-2007, 12:35 PM
Henry, that is the Bazooka also.. :thumb:

ahhvtec
06-29-2007, 05:43 PM
Friendly reminder that I will need payment in full by the end of July but if anyone can send theirs in earlier it would be most helpful as I will have a ton of people to get straight. Also if you want shirts, please let me know so that they can be ordered and payment up front please.

Duc

Jikser
06-29-2007, 05:58 PM
Duc, I will see you this weekend regarding our payments, I will also place orders for shirts. Thanks

Wil

ahhvtec
07-05-2007, 04:19 PM
Hello gang, it was back in Jan when I set this up and now it is 6 months later. Before you know it we will be drinking margaritas on the beach. Below are the names of people that still have a balance. If your name is not on it, you are PAID IN FULL. If I do not have your full payment by July 31st, you WILL NOT BE GOING and YOU WILL LOSE YOUR DEPOSITS!!!!!!!! Everything has to be sent in by August 1st to solidify everyone’s reservations. This year there are 64 people going so I will not have the time to send out private messages or emails so I hope that you all are checking this post. If you have friends that are going and do not frequent this site, please give them a heads up.

This is going to be an outstanding year boys and girls so get ready for a wild ride! Once I have everyone paid in full, I will then set up an orientation at a park somewhere, more likely Yorba Linda.

This is very important so please do not delay. Also, if you do not have your passports yet, please do so NOW or you may not be going either. Again, all payments and deposits will be lost.

Thanks for you help in making this as smooth as possible for me as I will be handling over $53,000 dollars for this trip.

Duc

- O – 699
- Ms. O - 459
- SVUE – 699
- Mrs. SVUE – 699
- Mrs. Gnfshn – 358
- Normalfellow – 699
- Ms Normalfellow – 459
- Occy – 699
- Lokey – 299
- Trbokev – 699
- Trbokev’s Bro – 699
- Wildhorse 1999 – 699
- Ms Wildhorse1999 – 459
- Occy’s Dad – 699
- Big Ed – 699
- Mrs. Big Ed – 459
- Wildhorse’s sis – 459
- Wildhorse’s sis’ friend – 459
- Wildhorse’s dad – 459
- Wildhorse’s Mom – 459
- Aesrock – 499
- Fishslayer – 699
- Onemorecast – 439
- Nessie’s Son – 699
- FKNricter – 480

ahhvtec
07-05-2007, 04:36 PM
Also if anyone who wants shirts please let me know now as we are getting ready to make them up. ONce the shirts are made up and done you will not get one after the fact as they will not make anymore shirts after the initial run. Those that have already ordered a shirt I already have listed.

Grannyfish, what sizes please?

Also, I want either cash or checks as cc are not accepted. If you are in a bind and wanted to put it on a card, I will accept paypal but please add 3% and let me know what your handle is...

Thanks again for your help!

Duc

Granny Fish
07-05-2007, 08:12 PM
Also if anyone who wants shirts please let me know now as we are getting ready to make them up. ONce the shirts are made up and done you will not get one after the fact as they will not make anymore shirts after the initial run. Those that have already ordered a shirt I already have listed.

Also, I want either cash or checks as cc are not accepted. If you are in a bind and wanted to put it on a card, I will accept paypal but please add 3% and let me know what your handle is...

Duc

Medium and Medium

ahhvtec
07-05-2007, 11:46 PM

Duc

Medium and MediumThanks Dear!

Granny Fish
07-06-2007, 08:39 AM
Don't mention it, sweetie. :mrgreen:

sashimi
07-06-2007, 10:52 AM
Duc, I'll take a lg. thanks

ahhvtec
07-12-2007, 08:44 AM
Guys, if you want shirts, please send me a seperate check because Blue Water Tours does not make them, so please send two checks one for the balance and one for the shirts. Please also specify size.

Thanks,

Duc

ahhvtec
07-19-2007, 01:54 PM
Once again boys and girls, if I do not have your payment by July 31st, YOU WILL FORFEIT EVERYTHING!

ahhvtec
07-19-2007, 02:56 PM
Room assignments are as follows:

Truong and Truong
G. Park and R Nguyen
Couder and R. Chavez
Catalano and Catalano
Wilkins and Wilkins
A. Martinez and S. Martinez
H. Tam and K. Tam
Pucket and Pucket
Macale, Macale and Daquial
Cairns and Cairns
S. Ramirez and C. Ramirez
Field and Field
Vue and Thai
Weller and Weller
Kelleman and Tran
Rigney and Rigney
Pedregon and Pedregon
Whitehead and Whitehead
R. Ramirez and Hovath
Ling and Xiao
Boll and Goodman
McKool and Brown
K tam and Akiyama
Rolanski and Rolanski
Teague and Whittington
E. Ramirez and Walsh
G. Tam and A. Park
R. Ramirez Sr. and V. Ramirez
Hansle and Rivera
Nolasco and Abibi
Scotto and Scotto Sr.
Lokey

As of now Lokey is odd man out and Macale has a triple occupancy. I suggest that you two speak and maybe see if Lokey and Daquial would like to room. Otherwise who would like to take on a triple, Nextfishingchamp?

Granny Fish
07-19-2007, 03:20 PM
Does Lokey snore? :lol:

ahhvtec
07-20-2007, 01:45 PM
Does Lokey snore? :lol:I have no idea and don't want to find out. LOL

ahhvtec
07-20-2007, 01:52 PM
Updated

- O – 699
- Ms. O - 459
- SVUE – 699
- Mrs. SVUE – 699
- Mrs. Gnfshn – 358
- Normalfellow – 699
- Ms Normalfellow – 459
- Occy – 398
- Trbokev – 699
- Trbokev’s Bro – 699
- Wildhorse 1999 – 699
- Ms Wildhorse1999 – 459
- Wildhorse’s sis – 459
- Wildhorse’s dad – 459
- Wildhorse’s Mom – 459
- Aesrock – 560
- Fishslayer – 680
- Onemorecast – 359
- FKNricter – 489

There is only one and a half weeks left so please do not hesitate!

Duc

Nessie Hunter
07-22-2007, 07:20 AM
Your running out of time of your on that list! !!!!!! :shock: :cry:

This is going to be the trip of the decade with all the members signed up.. Dont miss it.. :thumb:

BIG FISH & LOTS OF THEM.. PULL TILL YOUR ARMS HURT...... :banana:

ahhvtec
07-23-2007, 11:19 AM
I am not seeing anymore checks coming in gang, you have about one week left or you WILL lose your deposits!

Duc

ahhvtec
07-23-2007, 11:22 AM
Updated:

- Wildhorse 1999 – 699
- Ms Wildhorse1999 – 459
- Wildhorse’s sis – 459
- Wildhorse’s dad – 459
- Wildhorse’s Mom – 459
- Fishslayer – 680

ahhvtec
07-25-2007, 11:50 AM
I just sent out the trip outline, if you did not get it via email please post up on this thread with your email and I will get it out to you asap. The orientation meeting is tentatively set for August 18th at 10 am at the Yorba Linda Regional Park.

Duc

07-25-2007, 12:15 PM
Duc I havent recieved it....angelticketsrus@aol.com (mailto:it....angelticketsrus@aol.com)

Thanks,

Sharon

ahhvtec
07-25-2007, 01:18 PM
Duc I havent recieved it....angelticketsrus@aol.com (mailto:it....angelticketsrus@aol.com)

Thanks,

SharonEmail sent, thanks Sharon!

Duc

ahhvtec
07-26-2007, 10:53 AM
HOPE EVERYONE HAS THEIR PASSPORTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ahhvtec
07-26-2007, 11:02 AM
If you want shirts, this is your last call!

Nessie Hunter
07-27-2007, 07:04 AM
July 31 is just a few days away..

Deadline for payments!!!!!!!.......

This is where we separate those who Talk the Talk.. From those that Walk the Walk...........

See you all at orientation meeting.. :D

Granny Fish
07-27-2007, 08:35 AM
When is orientation meeting?

ahhvtec
07-27-2007, 08:54 AM
I just sent out the trip outline, if you did not get it via email please post up on this thread with your email and I will get it out to you asap. The orientation meeting is tentatively set for August 18th at 10 am at the Yorba Linda Regional Park.

Duc

ahhvtec
07-27-2007, 08:13 PM
Thanks for the payment Robert!

Updated:

- Wildhorse 1999 – 699
- Ms Wildhorse1999 – 459
- Wildhorse’s sis – 459
- Wildhorse’s dad – 459
- Wildhorse’s Mom – 459

Jikser
07-27-2007, 10:40 PM
Duc...pls email info to jikser@msn.com (mailto:jikser@msn.com)

thanks.

i'll ask lokey and my boy regarding rooming together.

wil

oh ya its been 11 weeks, still no passport for me :(

Granny Fish
07-27-2007, 10:57 PM
Duc...pls email info to jikser@msn.com (mailto:jikser@msn.com)

thanks.

i'll ask lokey and my boy regarding rooming together.

wil

oh ya its been 11 weeks, still no passport for me :(

It took 15 weeks for my husband's passport to come in. You can go on the website and check to see if they got it. His didn't even show up in the system so I emailed them and got confirmation that it was being processed.

Nessie Hunter
07-29-2007, 12:37 PM
Im packed and ready...

What time does the plane leave????

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

ahhvtec
08-02-2007, 07:25 AM
Everyone is now paid up. Once I get the travel packets and tickets I will have an orientation.

Granny Fish
08-02-2007, 11:43 AM
Sounds great! Is it time yet?

ahhvtec
08-07-2007, 03:46 PM
Last call for shirt! Sending in the order a week from today. I will also have them when we decide to have the orientation.

Duc

dixenormous
08-14-2007, 01:32 AM

Duc

Hey Duc, I havent received any email regarding the trip yet. Here's my email address... daquial_d@hotmail.com (mailto:daquial_d@hotmail.com).. Thanks....

ahhvtec
08-14-2007, 08:39 AM

Duc

Hey Duc, I havent received any email regarding the trip yet. Here's my email address... daquial_d@hotmail.com (mailto:daquial_d@hotmail.com).. Thanks....

Email sent...

ahhvtec
08-14-2007, 08:40 AM
Hi boys and girls, at this time I will postpone the orientation meeting until I get the travel packets in my hands. This will include your flight tickets and hotel info.

Duc

08-14-2007, 11:50 AM
jesus will September get here already...

ahhvtec
08-14-2007, 02:05 PM
jesus will September get here already...6 weeks and counting biatches!

ahhvtec
08-20-2007, 10:59 AM
Getting the travel packets this week, we will have the orienation meeitng on Sunday August 26th at 10am. This will be held at Yorba Linda Regional Park. Please be there so that I can hand you your travel packets. Your entire group does not need to be there just one member that I can hand everything off to. I will have somethings to show as well and what to bring on this trip. Frank and Quan would love to have you guys help me out with this gig.

Duc

Nessie Hunter
08-20-2007, 11:50 AM
Im in Duc..

Love to help any way I can bro.. :P

EDIT:

WILDERNESS PARK IN DOWNEY AT THE 605 AND FLORENCE EXIT.

10999 Little Lake road, Downey, Ca 90241 ....

Ill be there...... :thumb:

08-20-2007, 12:47 PM
See ya sunday

ahhvtec
08-20-2007, 12:53 PM
Getting the travel packets this week, we will have the orienation meeitng on Sunday August 26th at 10am. This will be held at Yorba Linda Regional Park. Please be there so that I can hand you your travel packets. Your entire group does not need to be there just one member that I can hand everything off to. I will have somethings to show as well and what to bring on this trip. Frank and Quan would love to have you guys help me out with this gig.

DucCHANGE OF PLANS, WE WILL BE MEETING AT WILDERNESS PARK IN DOWNEY AT THE 605 AND FLORENCE EXIT. 10999 Little Lake road, Downey. I'VE DECIDED ON THIS PARK AS IT IS EASIER TO FIND AND IS RIGHT OFF THE FREEWAY. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE GANG.

Duc

ahhvtec
08-20-2007, 12:55 PM
See ya sundayThanks Frank and Steve, everyone else please post up here so that I know you have seen this.

Thanks,

Duc

08-20-2007, 01:11 PM
sweet thanks duc thats easier on me....

Nessie Hunter
08-20-2007, 01:25 PM
WILDERNESS PARK IN DOWNEY AT THE 605 AND FLORENCE EXIT.

10999 Little Lake road, Downey, Ca 90241

Cool... See ya all there... :D :D

Jikser
08-21-2007, 02:09 AM
We'll be there!

ahhvtec
08-21-2007, 07:28 AM
No more shirts everyone, they are going for order tonight.

Duc

08-21-2007, 08:27 AM
Duc did you recieve my check yet for the shirts?

ahhvtec
08-21-2007, 08:57 AM
Duc did you recieve my check yet for the shirts?Yeah got it yesterday.

Duc

Wildhorse1966
08-21-2007, 09:37 AM
awesome ... i am glad it was moved to a sunday .. :lol:

see you then

ahhvtec
08-23-2007, 04:06 PM
Woo hOO!http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j219/fishs2k/0823071554.jpg

08-23-2007, 06:52 PM
Sweet I see mine....

08-26-2007, 03:06 PM
August 26, 2007
Anglers –

The light crowds of tourists that visited Los Cabos were greeted with plenty of sunshine and moderate temperatures, despite being this late in the summer season. The powerful Hurricane Dean which made landfall on Mexico’s eastern coast and drenched much of the country with rainfall actually spread out all the way to the Pacific, though it never did redevelop into a tropical storm, it did create humid and tropical conditions, leaving some much needed scattered rainfall throughout the Southern Baja California region. Swells increased during the first part of the week, but quickly resided, leaving very calm ocean conditions, though water temperatures did drop a few degrees, with the average ocean temperature now hovering around 80 degrees. Baitfish also scattered as the surf increased, but once again the sardinas were plentiful off of Puerto Los Cabos as the swell weaken.

Sportfishing fleets spread out from Cabo to San Luis and the big attraction this week was the large quantities of yellowfin tuna that moved into the inshore waters. These fish were found in many locations, but were particularly abundant on the Inner Gordo Banks and off of the La Laguna area, at times as close as one mile from shore, they were found by trolling with an array of smaller sized lures and then were brought into a feeding frenzy with live sardinas. The yellowfin were football sized, the majority of them weighing 4 to 12 pounds, it was wide-open, pretty much catch as many as you want.

Dorado were also found in very good numbers, though nothing like the tuna,
do-dos ranged from 10 to 50 pounds, striking on lures and bait. Over the weekend several pangas encountered a drifting piece of whale skin off of San Jose del Cabo that attracted large schools of dorado and they were lucky to get into wide open action.

Striped marlin were still prevalent throughout the area, but the numbers have dropped off as is expected for this time of year. Several stripers were found in the same area close to shore as were the yellowfin tuna and also hit on live sardinas.

Other catches included limited numbers of pargo, bonito, skipjack, amberjack, wahoo and cabrilla. Wahoo action created a little excitement midweek, as anglers trolling with lures near La Fortuna, to San Luis reported more strikes than during any period so far this summer season, of the wahoo landed they ranged from 30 to 55 pounds.

The combined panga fleets launching from La Playita reported approximately
61 charters for the week, with anglers accounting for a fish count of: 9 striped marlin, 5 sailfish, 135 dorado, 810 yellowfin tuna, 34 bonito, 166 skipjack, 14 cabrilla, 8 wahoo, 8 amberjack, 6 dogtooth snapper and 32 pargo.

Nessie Hunter
08-26-2007, 07:07 PM
YA BABY..

Got my tickets this morning at orientation in Downey... 8)

I 'am' READY.............. :D :D

ahhvtec
08-26-2007, 08:40 PM
thanks for the rerport Steve, now I am fired up for sure! 810 YFT! The La Playita Fleet is the fleet we are booked with.

Duc

08-26-2007, 11:37 PM
I'll post the weekly counts as I get them to keep us up to date..

ahhvtec
08-27-2007, 08:51 AM
Had a successful and informative orientation yesterday. I already know what I have to do and the orientation was meant for those of you who do not so for those of you that did not attend it was definately your loss. We went over everything from cooler size to baggie size to types of reels to types of hooks. Tips were also discussed. The most important part of it was the group assignments. Group leaders are as follows:

RA - Nessie and Big Ed
FNN - NExtfishingchamp and Lokey
WAC - Sergi-Ho
S2ki - Ahhvtec and Redat9

It was alot of work for me to plan this trip which was 9 months in the making. Keeping and sorting everyone's payments and balances was a huge event in itself. It is now that I am asking for your participation. It is YOUR responsibility to check in with your group leader at LAX so that you are accounted for as group leaders will have sign in sheets where your names will be crossed off. It is also up to you to stay close to your group so that everything flows smoothly. Once in Los Cabos, you have to make sure that your group leader knows where you are, whether it is waiting for your luggage or going to the bathroom. If you do not let your group leader know your whereabouts, you have just sealed your own fate. Your group leaders are not responsible for you, YOU are responsible for yourself. They are only here to assist you and point you in the right direction. Remember this is our vacation too. We have 62 people going and no one has time to babysit, especially me. It is also very important that you arrive at LAX 2 to 3 hous prior to departure. Bars are open at 6am according to Frank as I know I will be having a bloody mary then.

If you missed your orientation yesterday, please pm your group leader as he can fill you in as to what you missed. Please for the love of god do not pm me as I will not repeat myself. I have alot on my plate right now and the trip is only 4 weeks away.

Things to remember, ROD HOLDERS and PASSPORTS!

See you all in 4 weeks if I do not see some of you sooner.

Thanks in advance and for your help in making this trip an epic trip.

Duc

Nessie Hunter
08-27-2007, 02:49 PM
Good stuff Duc, I appreciate all the work you and Letty do for this trip..

Partial list:

Passport.....

1 Gal FREEZER bags, at least 60+ for Filets..
They will bag them in cheapo roll of plastic tear off thin bags, but, ) with 1 gal size you can put 1 meal size fillet in each...

Cooler with wheels and handle.. 50 Qt is OK.. (must be under 62" total.. width + length + height = 62") 50 Qt is easily in this size, Mine is 62 Qt and is right at the limit....

Fighting belt, A must for the big fish & lots of them... You will be sorry if you dont have one....

Terminal Tackle: I take one large tray, a few Large Rapala's, a few large swim baits & irons, a few misc trolling things (feathers, Cedar plugs etc)...
Hooks, I would say at least a couple of dozen min.. Circle Hooks all the way for me. I like the 2/0 to maybe 5/0 sizes, mostly used 3/0.. Some prefer lighter bait hooks?
A few weights Sliders or rubber core line weights, 1/4, 3/8, just enough to sink the Sardinia a bit.. Mostly fly lined.... It all fits in the one large tray nicely.. Your call, remember you have to bring most back and with 50# of Fillets, packing room will be minimal....

Rigs, one is enough, I am taking two. Duc uses 25#, I will not be beaten up like that again (they will kick your ***).. Me 30# & 40# +... 2 rods 50# & 80#,,,,,,, 3 Reels 30, 40, 50#... I broke a nice 40# rod last year???? (I am packing for my son also, so will have 4 rods and 5 or 6 reels)

$300 Cash should be plenty for tips, bait, fish Lic etc, If you plan to party in Cabo with the big dogs, bring more ($100 will cover pangadero tips, bait, ice, daily Lic and Taxi's etc ) I bought tanks and T's in San Jose del Cabo for $5 each, prices are not bad at local little town... Good quality also, I am still wearing them a lot.....

Hotel is of course all free food & drinks.. They have a store also, but quite pricy.....
Hotel supplies,,, Shampoo, lotions, hand/bath soap etc etc like any upscale hotel... No deodorant or razors, bring in check in bags and leave it there..
There are pull out lines to dry clothes on, in shower (was in my room anyway) So you can rinse out your favorite fishing suit or shirt....
Room service had a $2.50 charge for each trip to your room....
Order lunches and breakfast night before..

We ordered 6 lunches for 3 of us (Calvin, Me & pangadero)... Plus 10 waters. worked out good... Arrived at door at 5:15 AM as a wake up call also.... In lobby to go before 6 AM.. Launched panga's at gray light (about 7 AM, no DST).....

Packing, I take 3 or 4 pair of board shorts, several tank tops 1 travel shirt with pocket for passport.. Flip flops, sun block, disp razor, deod,,, (I carry cigs & lighter on plane) .... it will be hot and humid, you will not dress up, very casual everywhere, flip flops, shorts and light top......... I have a little room in my bag on the return.....

Duct tape cooler and rod carrier at home, throw extra roll of duct tape in bag for trip home... TSA wont open your stuff, they just run it through Xray... SO tape up at home..

I check everything, I walk on the plane with my Passport, cigs & lighter, wallet, Camera, car keys...................

At hotel I suggest a safe deposit box, *Free*,, ($100 if you loose the key) Keep passport, wallet, keys 1/2 cash in there.. Felt good & safe....

If you have to bring a cell phone, you need professional help first of all.
But I would keep it in safe box if you can.... Call your carrier for international call rates and or program, otherwise it is very, very expensive, cancel program when you return.... Someone said incoming calls are free or on your plan??, but outgoing are $$$$$$$.. Check your provider if you plan to make calls....????

Plan ahead and relax, we will have a ton of fun and slay some monster fish, your arms will be sore for days.. (thats your drinking arm)..

Make sure your name on Plane ticket is 'exactly' as it is on your Passport... Hate to get stuck in Mexico, cus you are not on any flight manifest.. or left at LAX.........

From Alaska Air site…..

This does NOT include sporting pieces such as rod carriers…
So you may check a cooler, a bag and a rod carrier……………

Fishing:
One item of fishing equipment, defined as two rods, two reels, and one tackle box will be accepted **free of charge in addition** to the free baggage allowance. Fishing poles that cannot be broken down adequately to be stowed on board in an overhead bin must be checked. Please package all fishing equipment in appropriate containers.

You're allowed one carry-on bag, which can measure up to 10" H x 17" W x 24" L (25 x 43 x 61 cm), plus one personal item, such as a purse, briefcase or laptop computer. At least one of the items should be stowed under the seat in front of you.

ALaskaair.com
========================

SO you can check in 2 bags & rod carrier, Carry on, one bag and your purse (Eddie),, or briefcase.......... More then you will ever need.... Plus you have to carry all this crap 4 times.. So go light...........

Duc is buried in stuff and has worked his cute little butt off (Letty probably did all the work, while he was fishing).. PM or call one of us (or any one that has been there) and we will try and take some of the pressure off the poor old guy (Duc)....

PM or email any questions or call me (PM for number).............

Dam Im stoked, and ready to go ....

ahhvtec
08-27-2007, 02:56 PM
Thanks for the post Frank!

08-27-2007, 03:19 PM
Mexican Fishing permits.....

Get them now and save an hour or so waiting in line each morning that we fish.

You can get them at many different places...

Baja Fish Gear, Sav On Tackle to name a couple.....

1 week permits run $22.90

See you in Cabo...if i can still see.... :lol:

Nessie Hunter
08-27-2007, 03:55 PM
I got mine at Sav On tackle (thanks Big Ed) it was $25.80..

So unless you checked at the store, count on the higher price..

You will need *name, dates (and I think town, state USA) on each one, so if picking up for friends have the info ready..

Wildhorse1966
08-28-2007, 04:20 PM
I got mine at Sav On tackle (thanks Big Ed) it was $25.80..

So unless you checked at the store, count on the higher price..

You will need *name, dates (and I think town, state USA) on each one, so if picking up for friends have the info ready..

my crew is all covered on passports already .. still waiting on 1 of them but it should be here before the trip happens :thumb:

i also bought my permit at sav on tackle on sunday .. they said it cost more there because of a service fee ...

Frank ... i noticed you posted we can take a 50 Galon ice chest i think you mean 50 Quart....i will be looking for the ice chest tonight (i am guessing walmart or Kmart) because my coolers are alot bigger then whats allowed .. :cry:

Wildhorse1966
08-28-2007, 04:21 PM

Wildhorse1966
08-28-2007, 04:27 PM
double post sorry :lol:

fishfinder333
08-29-2007, 10:11 AM
How is everybody securig their fishing reels? Are you guys bringing it on carry on or check it in with the rest of your luggage and slapping one of those puny locks on the suitcase

Nessie Hunter
08-29-2007, 10:45 AM
How is everybody securig their fishing reels? Are you guys bringing it on carry on or check it in with the rest of your luggage and slapping one of those puny locks on the suitcase

Reels were a big question last year due to security and line being a problem (Garotte, restraints etc).

I think every one put them in 'Check In' bags.. I know I did.. Actually I put them in Cooler and duct taped it on flight down, and in bag on way back (cooler was full of fish).......

We had no problem with tampering of any of our bags or coolers at Alaska Air... Its a non stop Alaska Air flight both ways............

Frank ... i noticed you posted we can take a 50 Galon ice chest i think you mean 50 Quart....

. :oops: :oops:

Thanks, I edited it..... :thumb:

50 Qt size (not Gal)... :lol:

ahhvtec
08-29-2007, 12:00 PM

Yes on the way down I usually stuff my reels in the cooler. You can also store them in your luggage but for the love of god do not carry them on.

Duc

ahhvtec
08-29-2007, 01:23 PM
Well boys and girls, just go off the phone with Thomas Cantor the fleet owner of La Playita and was told that YFT are being caught on #2 hooks. Bait are small so it requires small hooks. At the orienation I told you guys to pick up 1/0 and #1 hooks but you better pick up some smaller hooks as well. Larger hooks will tire out the bait and will not last as long. For your advantage pick up circle hooks.

Duc

Granny Fish
08-29-2007, 11:14 PM
:wink: :wink: :wink:

ahhvtec
09-06-2007, 11:33 AM
Don't forget your mex license everyone! Got ours last night and it was only $25 while they are $11 per day down there. $3 less but no lines and on the water asap.

Duc

09-06-2007, 09:39 PM
Just like clock work the tropical storm is becoming more active, at the start of the week there was Gil that developed and headed on a westerly track towards Hawaii and only left some scattered rainfall while stirring up ocean conditions, now at this time people with interests in Southern Baja are closely following the track of newly formed Tropical Storm Henriette, which is predicted to reach category one hurricane status later on Sunday and is also appearing to swift off on a more westerly path. Even so, forecasters are predicting rainfall on Monday and Tuesday and high surf conditions, possible of ten to twelve feet, through the first few days of the week.

This will keep panga operators on edge out of La Playita, where the new Puerto Los Cabos marina is still not completed and the panga fleet is vulnerable to southern swells that pass through the jetty opening as though there was nothing there to stop them. Overall despite being behind schedule, the marina project is coming along and hopes are that it will be at least operational for this coming busy fall season.

Ocean water temperatures have ranged from 80 to 85 degrees and the clarity has varied equally, some areas being clean and blue, with others being off colored greenish, particularly over the weekend from Palmilla to Chileno. Live sardinas were plentiful off of Puerto Los Cabos jetties, will be interesting to see if they scatter during the incoming swell activity predicted for the coming days.

The fishing action for this week would have to be considered very good, especially compared to early summer. There were good numbers of dorado found throughout the area, particularly from the Gordo Banks to Iman, fish were striking equally on lures and bait, ranging from 10 to 40 pounds, with a few larger bulls up to 50 pounds being accounted for. Catches of 4 to 12 dorado per boat were common place.

Yellowfin tuna action was not as consistent, but during the first part of the week there were respectable number of football size tuna found within several miles of shore, while trolling smaller lures and then chumming the school up with sardinas. A handful of yellowfin tuna in the fifty-pound class were taken while trolling in the midst of porpoise activity, but these were just one or two single fish here or there.

There were reports of lots of baitfish activity on the Gordo Banks, small yellowfin tuna, bolito, white bonito etc, and early in the week several larger black and blue marlin were hooked into, I know of only one blue marlin that was brought into La Playita and it weighed about 250 pounds, did hear of a 400 pound black also being landed off of a larger sport fisher.

Wahoo decided to become more active, as many of these speedsters were striking on rapalas and other similar lures in the area from La Fortuna to Iman, average size of the fish landed was in the 30-pound range, as usual more of these fish were lost than were actually landed.

Other miscellaneous catches included dogtooth snapper to 35 pounds, amberjack to 25 pounds, cabrilla to 15 pounds, sailfish to 100 pounds, striped marlin to 140 pounds and various smaller pargo species.

The combined panga fleest launching from La Playita reported approximately 71 charters for the week, with anglers reported a fish count of: 1 blue marlin, 4 hammerhead shark, 8 sailfish, 9 striped marlin, 11 wahoo, 310 dorado, 205 yellowfin tuna, 5 dogtooth snapper, 12 cabrilla and 55 assorted pargo species.

Sorry this was late was in Vegas for 5 days...

ahhvtec
09-08-2007, 07:04 AM
Thanks Steve, good stuff.

09-09-2007, 09:31 AM
September 9, 2007
Anglers –

Last weekend forecasters had predicted that Hurricane Henriette would follow a more westerly path, with the eye of the storm passing some 100 miles or so off the Pacific coast of Baja where Todo Santos is, well that situation changed dramatically, as the storm had a mind of its own and changed course towards the northeast and slowly made its way to landfall at San Jose del Cabo in the early afternoon of Sept. 4.

The relentless rains started on Monday evening, with the winds arriving early on Tuesday, then throughout the morning the weather rapidly deteriorated, during the peak period of the category one hurricane the highest winds gusts were in the 80 to 90 mile an hour range, with storm surf reached easily five meters or more. Estimates of total rainfall from the system ranged from 7 to 14 inches, depending on location, more than enough to flood all of the desert arroyos and create a dangerous flash flood scenario. Of course utilities were lost, with some areas without water or power throughout the week, still waiting for work crews to arrive. As is the case after any significant storm, the area of La Playita, where the new Puerto Los Cabos marina is in the final stages of construction, was particularly effected, as the only access road to San Jose del Cabo was completely washed away, leaving them stranded, or with limited options for reaching much needed supplies, one of them being by using pangas to motor to Palmilla to buy such needs as food and fuel for electrical generators.

Perhaps by next year the new bridge crossing the San Jose del Cabo arroyo will finally be completed, with the high end development progressing in this area, people will need some way to reach their million dollar homes and yachts that are moored inside the marina. For the local residents that have endured year after year of inconveniences, this will finally be a way of getting back to their normal lives more rapidly following such floods.

Besides some major clean up of fallen palm trees, branches, signs and mud slides, overall the new marina project seemed to hold up just fine. Some of the areas where panga fleets were still operating off the beach while patiently waiting for the new slips to be completed, were basically destroyed by Henriette and in the coming weeks they will be looking for options as where to base their operations.

Before the storm ocean waters were averaging 80 to 85 degrees, but immediately following the storm temperatures had dropped to 70 to 75 degrees and as usual there was now plenty of debris floating in the water, so maybe once the fleets resume operations they will be able to find schooling dorado.

Out of La Playita there was no sportfishing activity this past week, a handful of local pangueros did go out fishing in order to put some food on the table and reported cooler and dirty water conditions, with not much surface action, but fair counts of bottomfish, including triggerfish, pargo and cabrilla, though they also said the current was strong and did not make it easy to fish the rock piles. We are anticipating that fleets will back in action this coming week and as the water continues to warm and clean back up, we expect action will be once again up to local standards.

http://bluehuntercatfishing.com/images/tmp2/cabo.jpg

http://bluehuntercatfishing.com/images/tmp2/cabo1.jpg

http://bluehuntercatfishing.com/images/tmp2/cabo2.jpg

http://bluehuntercatfishing.com/images/tmp2/cabo3.jpg

09-16-2007, 05:17 PM
Visitors to Los Cabos this past week welcomed ideal weather conditions, skies were clear and the humidity was high, but there were no signs of any new tropical storms developing on the horizon at this time. Most of the area is now back to normal, with utilities restored, having cleaned up the mess following Henriette and sportfishing operations have resumed. Though crowds are light, as is normal for this time of year, soon enough the busy fall season will be here, time to do annual fleet maintenance.

The local landscape that had been so parched and starving for moisture is now rapidly transgressing to a tropical green color. Ocean conditions have been slow to clean up to how it was before the storm, a main factor being the unusually powerful current running towards the south, water temperatures averaged from 78 to 81 degrees, there were not any major temperatures breaks seen on any of the SST charts.

Due to the off colored water and strong current the fishing action was not up to standards and varied from day to day as to where the most consistent bite was encountered. There were not that many boats on the water and the charters that did go out were searching in all directions in order to find the best opportunities. Live sardinas were once again plentiful off of Puerto Los Cabos, after having dispersed during the high swell activity. In recent days the panga fleets from La Playita were concentrated mainly on three areas, Palmilla, Gordo Banks and La Fortuna. The most common catch was dorado, striking on medium sized lures, also while trolling or drifting with bait, most of the fishing found were in the 8 to 20 pound range and average catches per boat ranged from 3 to 8 fish per outing.

The yellowfin tuna action was not nearly as productive, though everyday tuna in the 10 to 15 pound class were being accounted for, earlier in the week there were more of the yellowfin cooperating off of Palmilla, with some boats landing as many as 5 fish, but since then it has just been one or two here or there. There was a report of a few monster sized tuna seen quickly jumping out of the water near the Gordo Banks, but they were not interested in coming up to chummed sardinas and disappeared as fast as they had appeared.

A few striped marlin and sailfish were accounted for in the same areas within several of miles of shore where most of the other combined action was found. Off the bottom there was a mix of various pargo and cabrilla accounted for, but this was tough fishing due to the previously mentioned strong current. Off the beach near the northern Puerto Los Cabos jetty there was at least on nice snook landed, with quite a bit of fish feeding activity also reported.

The combined fleet of pangas launching out of La Playita reported sending out approximately 34 charters for this week, with anglers having a fish count of:
3 striped marlin, 2 sailfish, 108 dorado, 26 yellowfin tuna, 28 various pargo, 12 bonito and 7 cabrilla.

ahhvtec
09-18-2007, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the report Steve, the fishing is not what it was a few weeks ago which bums me out but hopefully it will pick up as the weather also picks up. Have faith!

Duc

dixenormous
09-19-2007, 08:10 PM
Hey gang... I have a question about keeping the catch from early in the mornig.... I do know that the early morning catch will be sitting in the sun. What do you all do to keep it fresh the whole day. Also some of you suggested in using size 2 circle hooks, so how small are the bait anyways.... Im assuming it will be a real small chovie...... It will be my first time in Cabo and really excited about this.... See you all next week.... :D

09-20-2007, 12:08 AM
Dix, :shock:

Your catch will be ok for each day of fishing. If you are worried about it you can bring a cooler or kill bag with lots of ice. Actually each day before fishing get a trashbag full of ice from the resort and put it in your cooler or use it to lay on top of your catch on the boat.

As for hooks to be safe I am bringing these sizes in J and Circle

1, 2, 1/0, 2/0, 3/0, 4/0, 5/0, 6/0, 7/0, 8/0, 9/0 and maybe 1-2 10/0's but I go a little overboard sometimes.

Bait size can vary from chovie size to 8 inch sadinas to 5# skipjack....I would definatly bring 1, 2, 1/0, 2/0, 3/0 sizes.

See ya in a week...

Nessie Hunter
09-20-2007, 01:29 PM
The Sardinas we had last year were Shad sized 3" to 5" very lively strong baits... They lived all day between the front two seats of our Panga with a few buckets of water (no bait tank on ours)...

I believe Quan landed that 275# YFT with a 5/0 circle hook.. It had swallowed the hook completely and was hooked down the gullet somewhere.

I had been using a lot of 2/0 & 3/0 circle hooks (on the big side) on those baits and hooked up frequently, the fish are not line shy at all. I did miss a couple of real drag burners to break offs. I will be using 30#and up to 50# line this year.. No more 20# for me down there....

I am taking #1 bait hooks, 1/0, 2/0, 3/0 & 4/0 circle hooks... A few line weights and a few trolling lures and irons.. Can Yo Yo up some great bass and trigger fish to.. Dont need a lot, pack tackle light. Hooks a plenty though...

ICE??

They were selling blocks at the marina for $10 last year, we bought that for the fish hold (they put it right in the hold for ya), almost lasted the day. Many brought one cooler full, from hotel each morning for fish hold and lunches. With as many going this year, that may not work, wont be any left for most..

The weather looks great in the 10 day forecast.. Sunny, clear and 95*... :D

10 day forecast:

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/b ... v_business (http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/tenday/MXBS0135?locid=MXBS0135&from=36hr_topnav_business)
10 Day Local Weather Forecast for Cabo San Lucas, Mexico - weather.com

Dam, I am stoked and ready to rock & roll...

My son will fly in Tues to Ontario and its LAX on Thur AM.....
:banana: :banana: :banana:

ahhvtec
09-20-2007, 02:14 PM
Dix,

We are on Super Pangas so they have fish holds on board. Like Frank said, you can certainly get a huge block of ice for $10 which is high but hey if you are down there you might as well get it as your catch will be worth a few hundred bucks! LOL

Also your coolers will not be large enough to store any kind of fish whole. Bring on your cooler for beer and food only, leave the one for fish back at the beach/launch.

Hook size, like Frank said and it doesn't hurt to bring some larger ones as it is not much to carry. Be safe like Nextfishingchamp and you will be ready for anything. I am also bringing some 4 oz weights for some ottom fishing!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j219/fishs2k/Cabo%20thread/lapaz-2005004.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j219/fishs2k/Cabo%20Tim/7.jpg

dixenormous
09-20-2007, 05:18 PM
Thanks Nextfishingchamp, Nessie hunter, and Duc for your reply and suggestions... I did not know about the pangas having a fish hold... I assumed that the catch will just be laying on the deck... thanks for clearing that up.. I guess its time to buy the last minute things.... SEE YOU ALL IN 7 DAYS.....

:D

ahhvtec
09-20-2007, 10:09 PM
SEE YOU ALL IN 7 DAYS.....

:DYou know dis!~

Granny Fish
09-20-2007, 10:44 PM
Can't wait!

olfishergal
09-21-2007, 08:54 PM
Can't wait!

I know u will have a great time. I hope to go next year.

Nessie Hunter
09-22-2007, 09:04 AM
Can't wait!

I know u will have a great time. I hope to go next year.

Hot Diggity Dog...! ! ! ! ! :shock: :shock:

A single gal alone in Cabo, with leches like me there....... Be afraid, be very afraid... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chris, hope you make it, would be fun, youll have a blast.............
:beer: :cart: :banana: :banana:

Granny Fish
09-22-2007, 09:44 AM
OFG - That would be great if you can go next year.

olfishergal
09-22-2007, 10:22 AM
I am saving my bucks right now for next year. Can't wait to get my paws on some of those delicious filets........single gal on that trip..........whoohoo, look out Frank....... :banana: :taurus: :taurus: :food: :cart: :beer: Have a blast u guys, I will be thinkig of you in a very jealous way.....

Fisherman57
09-22-2007, 10:32 AM
Can I go next year too? :oops:

olfishergal
09-22-2007, 10:33 AM
Dana, it would be a blast come on lets go!!.............looks like Frank needs to start next years list already..

ahhvtec
09-24-2007, 08:06 AM

Got you a shirt BTW.

Fisherman57
09-24-2007, 08:39 AM

Got you a shirt BTW.

You the man Duc. I'll send ya a PM!

Dana

Nessie Hunter
09-24-2007, 08:55 AM

Dana, that would be GREAT buddy..:thumb:

I need someone there, that I can OUT FISH!!... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fisherman57
09-24-2007, 09:01 AM
Dana, that would be GREAT buddy..:thumb:

I need someone there, that I can OUT FISH!!... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:rofl:

You outfished me at the Bass Pro Shops kiddie catch pool too! :lol:

ahhvtec
09-25-2007, 05:40 AM
One more day! Get your groove on everyone!

one_leg
09-25-2007, 10:57 AM
Good luck to you all, have a great time, and please be safe.

Here is a link to an article concerning fishing in Baja that was in last weeks Orange County Register.
Please forgive me if this is not germane to the trip that you are about to undertake.

http://www.ocregister.com/sports/fishin ... enses-navy (http://www.ocregister.com/sports/fishing-boat-ramos-1849605-licenses-navy)

One_Leg

Granny Fish
09-25-2007, 11:35 AM
I have my Mexican fishing licence.

Jikser
09-25-2007, 12:44 PM
Should I bring my passport with me while fishing? I was planning to stow it and my other valuables in the hotel's safe box.

ahhvtec
09-25-2007, 03:15 PM
Should I bring my passport with me while fishing? I was planning to stow it and my other valuables in the hotel's safe box.

No store it with your money and everything else in a safe deposit box. You will not need it til you leave.

Duc

09-25-2007, 03:29 PM
I bought my mexican fishing license at Tito's panga's.... :shock:

Wildhorse1966
09-25-2007, 04:24 PM
my license and passports are ready ... still getting fishing tackle ready ... is 1 50 qt ice chest enough????

also i bought a rod tube so if anyone needs to add their rods to my tube let me know ... i can probally hold 3-4 more rods in it no problems ...

Nessie Hunter
09-25-2007, 04:37 PM
I have about 900 / 1000 yrds of 80# spectra, Left over on fresh spool I just bought today at BPS for $145...

Would like to sell it for $85 ?? Can bring it to Cabo if some one wants it.....

Let me know, Ill throw it in my bag....

ahhvtec
09-25-2007, 04:39 PM
Looks like you guys are good to go then!

Jikser
09-25-2007, 04:40 PM
cool, thanks...

Im all packed up and ready to go...1 more day at work and its on

Fishtaco
09-26-2007, 08:24 AM
Yep, another 24hrs and I will be chasing another 275lb..... :death2above: :beer:

Nessie Hunter
09-26-2007, 08:36 AM
Yep, another 24hrs and I will be chasing another 275lb..... :death2above: :beer:

You want MY FISH??????

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

gnfshn
09-26-2007, 09:14 AM

You know it buddy!!!! A few more hours and it's :banana: :beer: :beer: :banana:

Wildhorse1966
09-26-2007, 10:42 AM
Frank .. where did you say you were planning on parking ??? i am going to have to leave my truck at the airport but i dont have a clue where to park ..

Granny Fish
09-26-2007, 11:23 AM
I've used this place a couple of times. This is where I'm leaving my car.

http://laxparkplace.com/

Troutman65
09-26-2007, 11:35 AM
Have a safe trip everyone and catch lots of fish. I am looking forward to the reports and all the pics.

Troutman65

Nessie Hunter
09-26-2007, 03:25 PM
I've used this place a couple of times. This is where I'm leaving my car.

http://laxparkplace.com/

Yup, thats the place... Looks easy to find etc.. Price was right also... :D

Wildhorse1966
09-26-2007, 03:55 PM
thanks i made my reservations already ... and ordered a deluxe car wash :P

Sparky70
09-30-2007, 12:10 AM
If U guys have any fish leftover that don't need send em to me...

Anyways, GOOD LUCK TO ALL THAT GO TO CARBO :lol: :lol: :lol:

09-30-2007, 08:51 PM
What a great trip we all had.....theres gonna be some great reports..

Wildhorse1966
10-01-2007, 01:09 AM
Thanks Duc for all your hard work preparing this trip :lol: this was a trip of a lifetime for me :thumb:

Nessie Hunter
10-01-2007, 12:21 PM
AWESOME ! ! ! !******

125# of Dorado Fillets For my son & I .. 8) :D
Can Dorado be a pest fish???

191 pics and 4 or 5 video clips....

Gonna be a while before I get it all up.....

Tammy (grannyfish) How much are you willing to pay for those X rated pics im holding??? :?

Ya, lot of editing to do...... :oops: :oops:

Super trip, our group had Marlin to 300#, sail fish, hammerheads, 70#+ YFT, Dorado were OFF THE HOOK = WFO... And Letty landed a Wahoo (out fished Duc again)LMAO....
:thumb: :banana: :banana:

fishnfool
10-01-2007, 12:29 PM
AWESOME ! ! ! !******

Tammy (grannyfish) How much are you willing to pay for those X rated pics im holding??? :?

Super trip, our group had Marlin to 300#, sail fish, hammerheads, 70#+ YFT, Dorado were OFF THE HOOK = WFO... And Letty landed a Wahoo (out fished Duc again)LMAO....

Awesome....can't wait to see all the reports and pics......

Fisherman57
10-01-2007, 12:30 PM
Sounds like an awesome trip! Can't wait to see all the pics!

Congrats Duc!

I'm IN next year!

one_leg
10-01-2007, 12:41 PM
AWESOME ! ! ! !******

It shoulda been me!!!!

Congrats to you, Frank.

One_Leg

Wildhorse1966
10-01-2007, 12:54 PM
yes frank it was a awesome trip i brought home about 70 lbs of dorodo and alot of YFT

Friday: (boat total) 6 Dorado up to 15 Lbs 2 yellow fin up to 15 Lbs a few skipjack

Saturday: 14 Dorado up to 30Lbs (better grade of dorado today) 2 Yellowfin 1in the 10 Lb class and the other in the 60 Lb class caught on light tackle

Granny Fish
10-01-2007, 01:17 PM
Thanks Duc and Letty for all the hard work and time putting this together and making certain that everyone was having a great time. Mike and I had the time of our lives. I know if we can wait for next year. We may need to book a "do over" soon.

We ended up with about almost 100 pounds of dorado fillets, a few bags of tuna fillets, and some nice marlin steaks from Lokey's marlin. Thanks Lokey!

Nessie, I left all the X rated material in Mexico for editing and distribution. :wink: Don't be alarmed though... I'm certain no one will recognize you with that natcho libre mask. :wink:

Wildhorse1966
10-01-2007, 01:56 PM
Thanks Duc and Letty for all the hard work and time putting this together and making certain that everyone was having a great time. Mike and I had the time of our lives. I know if we can wait for next year. We may need to book a "do over" soon.

We ended up with about almost 100 pounds of dorado fillets, a few bags of tuna fillets, and some nice marlin steaks from Lokey's marlin. Thanks Lokey!

Nessie, I left all the X rated material in Mexico for editing and distribution. :wink: Don't be alarmed though... I'm certain no one will recognize you with that natcho libre mask. :wink:

Granny i really hope you found your camera :cry:

Granny Fish
10-01-2007, 02:11 PM
No I didn't. :cry:

Wildhorse1966
10-01-2007, 02:24 PM
No I didn't. :cry:

i am sorry to hear that :cry: well anyone who has pics of you guys need to post them up .. i have a pict of you eating the YFT heart but its not a good picture .. i will post my pics tonight

gnfshn
10-01-2007, 02:33 PM
Awesome time, Granny fish great to meet you and Mike. save those skippys I'll take you guys out for lobster hunting.

Duc, Letty thanks for the awesome trip. great to meet you too wildhorse & greatfishingchamp

Granny Fish
10-01-2007, 03:01 PM
Awesome time, Granny fish great to meet you and Mike. save those skippys I'll take you guys out for lobster hunting.

Duc, Letty thanks for the awesome trip. great to meet you too wildhorse & greatfishingchamp

We're looking forward to it. I'll try not to use all the skippy on the kitties. :wink:

It was great meeting you and the Mrs. as well as spending the weekend with a lot of great people.

I felt like a complete newby using those huge conventional reels for the first time, but I was on top of my game by the second day. :wink:

one_leg
10-01-2007, 07:04 PM
I felt like a complete newby using those huge conventional reels for the first time, but I was on top of my game by the second day. :wink:

:thumb: :bigsmile:

One_Leg

olfishergal
10-01-2007, 11:30 PM

We're looking forward to it. I'll try not to use all the skippy on the kitties. :wink:

It was great meeting you and the Mrs. as well as spending the weekend with a lot of great people.

Sounds like a great trip to me.......congrats on your catches. sorry u laost the camera.........bummer

Jikser
10-02-2007, 12:26 AM
Had a great time...thanks to Duc and for those who were involved for setting this up. Fishing was slow picking for me, but oh well there's always next year. I also had the opportunity to do a good deed and be a part of releasing new sea turtle hatchlings back to the sea.

10-02-2007, 04:12 AM
Jikser, wheres your wrestling pictures...lmao.... :lol:

one_leg
10-02-2007, 03:38 PM
The turtle on the left looks like it is getting attached to you.

One_Leg

10-03-2007, 10:39 AM
First off i would like to thank Duc, for putting this trip together...(can I send you my payment now for next year)...We had a great trip with great people...It was nice meeting all of you.

Day 1

Hopped on the plane and we were off to Cabo...On arrival we made sure everyone was on the shuttle vans and we were off. On arrival to the hotel I tried to slip the guy at the counter a $20 to get a room upgrade..he wouldnt budge so I upgraded our room to the Preidential Suite for $120. Our room was hugeeeee couldnt beat that price. The bellman took our stuff to the room and we ordered room service....That consisted of 6 entrees, 6 Tecates, 6 cokes and some desserts..also we ordered 6 box lunches for our fishing trip the next morning...after that we decided to hit the pool for a few drinks, have dinner and sing some karaoke at the bar with Will, Melissa and Dixie..I think..lol

Day 2

Woke up early and met everyone in the lobby and we jumped in our taxis headed for La Playita. Sharon, Lokey and I was hooked up with Migual as our Pangadero. Grabbed our bait and we was off to the races. Water was like glass the whole way to the Iman banks right past the Gordos. We started out catching about 50 Black skipjack. We kept a few for bait but most went back over. Then we start catching Dorados, YFT and Lokey even caught a baby striped marlin. 2 hours later it was time to head back. I did lose a few Wahoo also. 1 on the troll and 2 bit through my steel leader.
Got back to the resort drank alot at the pool bar and crashed out on the hammock outside our room.
That night we decide to hit up the nightclubs of Cabo San Lucus after dinner with Will, Melissa and Dixie. We started off at Cabo Wabo and drank some drinks called I cant drive 55...8 different drinks mixed into one...they were gooood...Next we headed to the Gigglin Marlin where we drank, danced and had some jello shots ($20 ripoff) We walk outside and was escorted to the strip club. Sharon and melissa gave Will and i the evil eye the whole time, while Dixie was enjoying himself looking like a pimp with 50 ho's....he even burned one stripper with a cigerette...HAHAHA..
We get back to the room at about 330 am and have to be up by 5 to go fishing...

Day 3

Wake up from my 30 minute nap to a massive headache...crawl into the taxi and fall in the Panga...lets roll we were the first ones out and met the bait boat on the way out. It was a little rougher today. Got to the spot and had 5 dorado for the day on our boat. We did troll for some Wahoo using 2 Mauraders and a Wahoo Bomb that the fish loved. We got hit hard on the wahoo bomb and then nothing it was gone...so we trolled around for about 2 hours getting hit left and right on that bomb about every 15 minutes. We was curious why nothing would stick though so I reel in the line. The bomb is all chewed up but the hook was gone. First fish must have bit off the hook..bummer...What a waste of 2 hours....
Got back to shore, went to the room and got drunk.....that relieved my headache finally...I layed outside on the hammok half the night smoking a fat Cuban and crashed out.

Day 4

Woke up soaked due to it raining...lol My cuban was wasted....and decide to goto breakfast. Couldnt do the ATV's today so Sharon and i rented a car ($40 INS included) and we drove to downtown Cabo in the rain...Hit up the mall and was back to the resort. We go pack up everything from our room and get ready to head out. I goto check out and turn my keys in and the guy starts filling out paperwork and putting alot of numbers on this paper and I'm thinking whoops what did I buy now....he proceeds to tell me that they owe me $138 for the room deposit...SCORE!!!! That made my whole trip....we jumped in the shuttles made it to the airport and here we are....We lived to tell about it...

Thanks again all for the great trip and can't wait till next year...

I didnt take too many pics on my camera...but i took alot on Lokeys..I was like the Paparazzi...

10-03-2007, 10:44 AM
Duc...
http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/Duc.JPG

Lokey..

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/Lokey.JPG

Frank...

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/Frank.JPG

Will & Melissa

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/WillnMelissa1.JPG

Lokeys Striped Marlin

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/StripedMarlin.JPG

Me crashed out in the rain next to a soaked cuban

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/MeinHammock.JPG

Sharons Dorado....

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/SharonsDodo.JPG

Fisher-of-Men
10-03-2007, 10:45 AM
Had a great time...thanks to Duc and for those who were involved for setting this up. Fishing was slow picking for me, but oh well there's always next year. I also had the opportunity to do a good deed and be a part of releasing new sea turtle hatchlings back to the sea.

I want to hear more about the Sea Turtle story. What's this all about? Are they unable to reproduce effectively on their own?

That looks like something kids would enjoy being a part of.
:)

Fisher-of-Men

paDDy
10-03-2007, 12:15 PM
Great report guys, looks like you guys had a blast. Three days does not seem nearly enouff time down there, but any time is better than no time.

I am heading down there next tuesday with Farmy and a few other friends. I am defenetly trying I cant drive 55 when we get there. Any other drinks you guys liked :D ?

Lets see more pics

10-03-2007, 12:46 PM
Tequila!!!!

Jikser
10-03-2007, 01:56 PM
Try the Wabojito at Cabo Wabo. Had 3 in 10min. Was tore up half hour later..hahaha

FOM- Wifey n I were strolling down the beach when when noticed the hatchlings in a bucket. Hotel security fetched them off a sand mound which was about 50yrds from the water's edge and were crawling inland.

10-03-2007, 04:04 PM
:lol: LMAO!!! Man I wish I got my luche libre mask...

Nessie Hunter
10-05-2007, 11:56 AM
**IS IT SEPT YET??***

sashimi
10-05-2007, 02:41 PM
Certainly was an awesome trip. The dodos lived up to thier moniker.

ahhvtec
10-05-2007, 03:22 PM
OH man my bad for not following up on this thread since we got back. You all are more than welcome as I had more fun listening to your fish stories than my own! What a huge blast it was to make new friends and hang out with my old dear ones. Letty and I had a blast and yes she did get herself a Wahoo! It was chaos with the volleyball at the pool, drinking and eating, telling BS fish stories, and most of all, the laughter was just priceless. It was an amazing trip with amazing people who all got along. Hats off to you all for making this trip "my" trip of a lifetime.

Duc

sashimi
10-08-2007, 05:14 PM
OH man my bad for not following up on this thread since we got back. You all are more than welcome as I had more fun listening to your fish stories than my own! What a huge blast it was to make new friends and hang out with my old dear ones. Letty and I had a blast and yes she did get herself a Wahoo! It was chaos with the volleyball at the pool, drinking and eating, telling BS fish stories, and most of all, the laughter was just priceless. It was an amazing trip with amazing people who all got along. Hats off to you all for making this trip "my" trip of a lifetime.

Duc

Thanks Duc for putting this together. Can't wait to finish with school so I can fish more than 1 or twice a year.