PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Aqueduct tournament

cutbait
01-14-2013, 06:01 PM
So I was bullied into a yearly fish count with the "boys" as a friendly competition. Without speaking to anyone I am opening up to all.. Sal?, TB?, Harlan? the like? Double A, Khan? AV guys?

DK-18
FTS-14
CB-1

"EXOTICS"

DK with 1 squawfish
FTS with 1 kitty
CB with 1 Carp

What a second, I realized some of your guys fish arent duct fish?

Is this going to be duct only fish or all waters fish counts? Cause if its only duct fish then you two need to revise your numbers

You guys decide? I'm cool with anything...

Any participants its not necessary but really would be beneficial to pic every catch. No need to post on this post, your own side post would suffice..

Suggestions to make this work better? Big fish also? I think Gary has a 7 lber already, so I guess thats big fish so far?

dk4885
01-14-2013, 06:07 PM
if we go just duct im at 12 total, i say total striper for the year lake ,duct. but im open

dk4885
01-14-2013, 06:11 PM
but large fish award is aqueduct only

Marine_Michael
01-14-2013, 06:32 PM
Not a fair competition between AV and Bako guys, you've got more fish there.

Should be duct only or you'll have guys trolling at lakes bringing in limits or more.

Competition should also only count legal size 18" and bigger and include pic with measuring tape to count. I'm not calling anyone out or trying to start crap, but been more than a few fish pics posted lately that might have stretched the truth a bit about their size.

I say legal size and above only because it's not that hard to find a school of mini's and catch 10-15 sub legals or more in one day (in your neck of the woods anyways) and drastically increase fish count.

Just my 2 cents.

Double A
01-14-2013, 06:34 PM
Dam it,,,

I have 2013 fish already but wasn't keeping count.

I'll play,,, starting now.

cutbait
01-14-2013, 06:47 PM
Not a fair competition between AV and Bako guys, you've got more fish there.

Should be duct only or you'll have guys trolling at lakes bringing in limits or more.

Competition should also only count legal size 18" and bigger and include pic with measuring tape to count. I'm not calling anyone out or trying to start crap, but been more than a few fish pics posted lately that might have stretched the truth a bit about their size.

I say legal size and above only because it's not that hard to find a school of mini's and catch 10-15 sub legals or more in one day (in your neck of the woods anyways) and drastically increase fish count.

Just my 2 cents.
Good points but I counter the fish count advantage to your fish size advantage.

Legal size and above fish counts immediately switches to av advantage.. I say count every fish landed hopefully pic too. Big or small.. afterall its fish count total
Washes out in the end correct?

Besides its just for funzies

cutbait
01-14-2013, 06:48 PM
Dam it,,,

I have 2013 fish already but wasn't keeping count.

I'll play,,, starting now.

Come on you should have 13 days worth of memory right?

dk4885
01-14-2013, 06:55 PM
hey cutbait since the post went up today lets start it today clear slate for all

cutbait
01-14-2013, 07:02 PM
hey cutbait since the post went up today lets start it today clear slate for all

Whatever everybody wants? I'm open..

I do have another question....

Its no secret I catch a bunch a fish in the side canals of the duct..Sooo? do those count? Majority opinion wins

Seems everyone agrees "duct" only

dk4885
01-14-2013, 07:02 PM
also duct only sounds good make it a true duct tournament

dk4885
01-14-2013, 07:08 PM
thats a good ? as i hope to one day fish that honey hole with you. ill leave that to others to decide

harlanx1
01-14-2013, 07:11 PM
I am in I just loaded my stick in my truck now if I can get off work before dark. Is it all fish or legals only. Can we fish bait or is this artificial only. Let me know. sounds like fun.

dk4885
01-14-2013, 07:19 PM
all fish does not matter how u catch them bait or artificials

cutbait
01-14-2013, 07:28 PM
Bait or lures doesn't matter..

Out of fairness I am not going to count side canals... as brought to my attention that those side canals are not accessed by everyone so I will not count those fish..

I agree with MM that if you are claiming big fish title you will need either a pic with the fish on a scale {full body pic} so your buddy isn't pulling down on the fish out of pic or a length and girth measurement for calculations and we all will agree on a fish calculator as the standard to gauge weight.

I submit this as a standard unless better is brought to our attention

http://www.hrfanj.org/StSize.htm

trail blazer
01-14-2013, 07:30 PM
IM IN! ,,,,,BIG FISH ONLY,,,,BAKO BOYS will OWN!!

Gary,s going to wear out I 5 Keeping that from hapening,,LOL:Cold Fishing:

cutbait
01-14-2013, 07:33 PM

I asked Wingnut for a sticky in the duct page once we get our rules ironed out.. We need these rules voted upon people!!! opinions needed!

I'm all for starting the year or starting the date of the sticky approval..

OPINIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dk4885
01-14-2013, 07:41 PM
i say starts today, all fish, duct only, bait or lures. pic of fish, big fish like u said pic on a scale....

i no gary is out there as we speak...

i have to be in SF tomorrow at 12:30 so ill b out there for a few hours in the morning

Double A
01-14-2013, 07:54 PM
This is gonna be good,,,

Let's say starts today,,,

Is it biggest fish, # of fish or both ?

If its # of fish,,, that total can get pretty high.

dk4885
01-14-2013, 07:59 PM
total fish. but award for biggest fish. and since gary just cought a DD moments ago hes in the lead for biggest

fishinone
01-14-2013, 07:59 PM
If your going to count lake fish I'm at 20+, 4 oz smallest 4 1/2 lb largest. All legal fish in LA county.

cutbait
01-14-2013, 08:08 PM
Ok

Wingnut got back to me and we are going to have a sticky {not this thread}

Rules are...

1. Duct fish only {no side canals}
2. Bait or lures
3. starts 1-14
4. pics of fish HAVE to have either in you report or on the sticky post. {if you complain about snappin a pic of 13 inch fish and posting then your not worthy of total fish count champion}

5. It is up to you to update your own totals
6 Big fish challenges HAVE to have length photo with full body shot or scale shot with full body pic... THESE are a must for big fish honors..
7. Winner for most fish caught {size is of no issue}
8. Winner of Big fish {striper}

9 "exotics" for
a. Green Carp
b. Squawfish
c. Carp
d. Kitties
e. oddball fish like American shad, tule perch, crappie, yadda yadda

10. Like Ron says,, small fish winner too!

11. Welcome to all anglers, from O'neil to the end down there near Silverwood {AV guys know where exactly}

12. Bako guys have advantage of numbers, AV have advantage of size.. Thats how our duct is, we just have to deal with it

Am I missing anything?

For big fish challenges with length and calculator method, I motion my link used as the standard? second?

Seems like everyone needs to have either a tape measure or a scale on hand if they wanna play!

trail blazer
01-14-2013, 08:09 PM

Im down for whatever the rules are,,,,,,,Diging out all my BIG baits now!

dk4885
01-14-2013, 08:12 PM
sounds good cutbait. now lets go fishing. even though were late to the party.

CL SmooV
01-14-2013, 08:14 PM
I'm in.......rookie status and all. That frackin duct keeps callin my name.

dk4885
01-14-2013, 08:16 PM

hey smoov im only 2 weeks in to my duct fishing. it going to b fun

cutbait
01-14-2013, 08:19 PM
Im down for whatever the rules are,,,,,,,Diging out all my BIG baits now!

Scott, its your year for the pig,,, I'm callin it right now

When you go holla, you know me or Scottie are down if scheds' permit. I will say this, bite will pick up DRASTICALLY in about a month... If you go now don't get discouraged, its always tough in Jan. Except in 2007 and 2008

CL SmooV
01-14-2013, 08:29 PM
hey smoov im only 2 weeks in to my duct fishing. it going to b fun

True, and your arse is off to a helluva start!!!!! My only duct experience includes one bump on a fluke in the AV duct back in 2009. I need a challenge, all I need to do is catch one.

koifish
01-14-2013, 09:16 PM
i'm in for fun...lol...

AZ.Kid
01-14-2013, 10:16 PM
What the hell, I have a piece of duct close by. I am in. :Cool: it will be the first time I threw a bait in the duct.

harlanx1
01-15-2013, 05:00 AM
Just caught this one on a red worm at the golf course hole lol
http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y446/harlanxone/myphotos2915_zpsc719775c.jpg

harlanx1
01-15-2013, 05:06 AM
I think this might be an exotic. lmao

cutbait
01-15-2013, 05:29 AM
I think this might be an exotic. lmao

You look like Thor..

TB and you have the striper angler physical attributes and I have the good looks.. Bako is going to own

FishingwithDave
01-15-2013, 06:39 AM
I'm in and if a second is still needed, you got it. Good Job CB!

Lets go Bakersfield

Salc28
01-15-2013, 07:39 AM

Hey good point , I Agree with you and I'm in .

trail blazer
01-15-2013, 05:59 PM
Cutbait wrote.

Scott, its your year for the pig,,, I'm callin it right now.

t/b
Hope your right bro,,,,,,,,,,,,,been 20 yrs since iv put over a 20lbr on the bank,,,,,,,,SUCKS TO!

O Well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

this yr,,,,,,,,T/B goes BIG all the way!

TroutOnly
01-15-2013, 08:22 PM
Carpboy you know the duct is 5 minutes from my house ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but it might be fuct the duct,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,

cutbait
01-19-2013, 05:58 PM
So a suggestion was made to split the year into two.

First half and second half where the winners of the two fish off in late November or into December for the grand champion.

I like it and would add more fun if say Double A and Sal for example had a two day fish off where big fish and or most fish depending on the catergory wins.

They would go there own way, and report via pictures again. Maybe meet somewhere for the weigh in or something?

Whatcha all think? or keep it all year and one grand winner?

troutsniffer
01-19-2013, 06:41 PM
also duct only sounds good make it a true duct tournament

Duct fish only sounds good.

FishingwithDave
01-19-2013, 09:09 PM
So a suggestion was made to split the year into two.

First half and second half where the winners of the two fish off in late November or into December for the grand champion.

I like it and would add more fun if say Double A and Sal for example had a two day fish off where big fish and or most fish depending on the catergory wins.

They would go there own way, and report via pictures again. Maybe meet somewhere for the weigh in or something?

Whatcha all think? or keep it all year and one grand winner?

I like the split year concept. Logistically, I would recommend the fish off be more like a week so as to accommodate work schedules, etc.