PDA

View Full Version : SKunked Leo carillo but with little success at will roges

Wreched
01-14-2013, 01:41 PM
So I see that people are pretty active here so i think i should contribute some. I posted in the general section with questions on how to land the elusive flat fish they called halibut bought all my LC's (whopping 2 $20 a pop a little steep) and a couple of rapala xr-10 and procceeded to head out to Leo carillo with giant smile on my face and my gal next to me for support i was destined to catch some halibut!!! 2hrs before low tide go onto the surf and start casting after a few hours nothing, not even a nibble, but in the end it was fun.

I didnt want to dissapoint my girl with fishing and still wanted her to have that itch that i do but after getting skunked a few times from our past trips I didnt want to have another skunk day. Told her we'd be headed to will roges beach, did a carolina rig on hers and did a drop shot on my still chasing after that elusive fish!! After a few cast and telling her where to cast I turn my back and i here BABE!!! I HAVE A FISH!!! Told her to reel in and bam nice BSP!! Woohoo boy she was excited. Few minutes later FISH ON BABE. haha at this point im like ummm i want to fish tooo. Drop shot didnt work so i switched to my LC and blah. Oh well BSP is good enough for her to keep the flame going.

SP Dan
01-14-2013, 07:26 PM
Hi ya Wreched,

Some times .....it's not about the number of fish caught nor by whom....but
it's about....the quality of the fun and the people that we share it with!

WTG!..... on getting your gal hooked up! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

Wingnut
01-14-2013, 07:39 PM
Amazing what a couple of fish can do for the addiction... :Razz:
Keep up the good work out there. :Cool:

peanutbutter
01-14-2013, 08:59 PM
Amazing what a couple of fish can do for the addiction... :Razz:
Keep up the good work out there. :Cool:
x2 nice job out there getting the white stripe off your back

saltman
01-14-2013, 09:07 PM
Hi,

It is funny how a fish can lift our spirts, nice looking perch!
Thanks for the report.
Saltman..

Which Way Out
01-14-2013, 09:17 PM
That's how fishing goes.
Last Saturday I had one bite and didn't land it. Turn around and go out again on Sunday and landed 7.
Ya just can never tell for sure how the day is going to be except for the company you fish with. Fish or no fish, as long as I am with people that enjoy fishing its fun.

Keep her catching those perch and before you know it she's gonna want to step up. And once you two hook a surf Halibut, then its game on. You will truly be hooked and you will have no one to blame but yourself.:Cool: Just be patient. The water temps are low. Once the water gets to the mid 60s come spring time the chances improve a lot. So don't get burned out before then.

Good luck and have fun.

WWO

Homefish
01-14-2013, 09:30 PM
Keep on fish'n brother! 1 day you( & me both) will get that halibut!

murrieta angler
01-15-2013, 08:29 AM
Nice report!
Good looking fish and great company...:Big Grin:
I really enjoy when my wife heads out to the beach with me also...:Big Grin:
She doesn't fish though, but that's okay, it's a machismo thing for me...:Cool:
Look forward to your next report,
Robert
<><

Wreched
01-16-2013, 11:10 AM
Just like to thank everybody on here for being supportive and keeping up the encouragement, hey to be honest it is not about how many fish you catch or what is caught just the company you are with makes fishing fun. Just love the fact that my girl is a trooper and sticks it out in the cold "fish on babe, fish on" I laugh everytime I think of that moment. Hahaha, anywho thanks guys!! and the SWAT members. question about the SWAT how do you become one of them, is this their site? and what does it stand for? Thanks again guys

-Ivan

SP Dan
01-16-2013, 06:40 PM
Salt Water Attack Team or Surf & Waves Assault Team

SP Dan <"))><

Which Way Out
01-16-2013, 07:22 PM
Just like to thank everybody on here for being supportive and keeping up the encouragement, hey to be honest it is not about how many fish you catch or what is caught just the company you are with makes fishing fun. Just love the fact that my girl is a trooper and sticks it out in the cold "fish on babe, fish on" I laugh everytime I think of that moment. Hahaha, anywho thanks guys!! and the SWAT members. question about the SWAT how do you become one of them, is this their site? and what does it stand for? Thanks again guys

-Ivan

Hi Ivan, I just wanted to add this little bit in order to help explain SWAT a little better.

SWAT - Paragraph 3 of the Code of Conduct

"S.W.A.T. members not only represent themselves, but the entire Team. In everything they say and do, on or off the board, in or out of the water. Each S.W.A.T. member has a responsibility to conduct his or herself in accordance of being a responsible angler and a respectable human being".

Pretty simple really.

WWO

dlmoo312
01-16-2013, 09:52 PM
Way to beat the skunk and put your girl on some fish!
Thanks for the report and keep throwing that lc!

-Daniel

Wreched
01-17-2013, 10:31 AM
hi ivan, i just wanted to add this little bit in order to help explain swat a little better.

swat - paragraph 3 of the code of conduct

"s.w.a.t. Members not only represent themselves, but the entire team. In everything they say and do, on or off the board, in or out of the water. Each s.w.a.t. Member has a responsibility to conduct his or herself in accordance of being a responsible angler and a respectable human being".

pretty simple really.

Wwo

thanks wwo!!!