PDA

View Full Version : sarl 1/14/13 need help asap

carlos carranza
01-13-2013, 10:31 PM
Going to sarl tomorrow morning with some friends but we never fished there for trout. This will be my second time going. Last time i went was for catfish and it was about 4 years ago. Were willing to get a boat if we need to. I heard the bite has supposibly been really good so that's what i'm hoping for. Were going to be doing the bait and wait. Does anyone recommend fishing from shore or boat? and what spot? thanks i will be going for sure so pls let me know with some info. BTW does anyone know if that new hatchery dust bait really work? and the price???

thanks

Jbfish
01-13-2013, 11:11 PM
fish where the spillway is.. the shore within 50 yards of that area is usually good. dont worry about the hatchery dust.. if your gonna use something use bite-on garlic or roe. chartreuse is always good with bait and wait. goodluck make sure to do a report of the trip! *Jbfish*

carlos carranza
01-13-2013, 11:22 PM
fish where the spillway is.. the shore within 50 yards of that area is usually good. dont worry about the hatchery dust.. if your gonna use something use bite-on garlic or roe. chartreuse is always good with bait and wait. goodluck make sure to do a report of the trip! *Jbfish*

so a boat is better?

fishinglakes.com
01-13-2013, 11:55 PM
Going to sarl tomorrow morning with some friends but we never fished there for trout. This will be my second time going. Last time i went was for catfish and it was about 4 years ago. Were willing to get a boat if we need to. I heard the bite has supposibly been really good so that's what i'm hoping for. Were going to be doing the bait and wait. Does anyone recommend fishing from shore or boat? and what spot? thanks i will be going for sure so pls let me know with some info. BTW does anyone know if that new hatchery dust bait really work? and the price???

thanks

Hi Carlos,
Marley's post from today offers some of the best information. http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?69970-SARL-Sunday-1-13-Short-Report
I would suggest doing what he did. If you are doing the bait and wait, do use Hatchery Dust, it works great. The Super Garlic and the Garlic Crawler or Garlic Mealworm, have been catching a LOT of trout. We cant keep it on the shelf. Good luck!

etucker1959
01-14-2013, 05:34 AM
so a boat is better?

Yup if you know what your doing with it. I fish my boat in their all the time and kick arse with it, but I see alot of people in boats don't have a clue what their doing and get the big old skunk all the time. Remember all's a pay lake does is put the fish in the lake. It's up to the fisherman to figure out how to catch them. FNN is a good place to ask, my tip of the day RAINBOW POWERBAIT. I don't care what lake, what year, this color will almost always outfish any other color powerbait in a pay lake.