PDA

View Full Version : El Dorado bass fishing.

USCisbeast22
01-13-2013, 03:54 PM
Went to El Dorado park today to try some bass fishing. Threw some trout swimbaits (6 in. Spro and 8 in. Castaic) . Didn't get any hits on those then switched up to drop shooting a plastic worm. Nothing. I have heard from some pretty experienced fisherman at the lake the the bass bite has been very slow. Just giving you guys a report before you head out. Tight lines!

WAHBAM
01-13-2013, 10:47 PM
I was there today too fishing for trout. I got skunked just liked everyone I talked to & a coot ate my treble hook...

reelgurlzfish
01-14-2013, 06:18 AM
I was there Sat for trout. Not a bite. Even all the guys fishing bass also said no luck. It's a tough lake to fish. However I have seen some bass taken out of there and they are massuce.. good luck!

TonyLisa
01-14-2013, 10:29 AM
Oh good it's not just me I was there Flyfishing for anything and I got skunked but we were only there for 2 hours, I talked to some of the locals and they said they never saw the trout tuck arrive the whole week

USCisbeast22
01-14-2013, 03:04 PM
Yeah El Dorado is not the place to go for trout...try Cerritos instead. And about the bass I forgot to say that a 12 lber was caught a couple weeks ago by a guy who fishes the lake a lot..

reelgurlzfish
01-14-2013, 03:19 PM
Oh good it's not just me I was there Flyfishing for anything and I got skunked but we were only there for 2 hours, I talked to some of the locals and they said they never saw the trout tuck arrive the whole week. There were fresh tire tracks backed up to the lake so I know they were stocked and talked to one guy that limited Thursday..... Other than that everyone else got Skunked. Eldo is a tough lake for trout for sure.

WAHBAM
01-14-2013, 10:54 PM
. There were fresh tire tracks backed up to the lake so I know they were stocked and talked to one guy that limited Thursday..... Other than that everyone else got Skunked. Eldo is a tough lake for trout for sure.

So you think they stocked Cerritos early? I thought they were coming this week.

reelgurlzfish
01-15-2013, 06:22 AM
So you think they stocked Cerritos early? I thought they were coming this week.
Sorry
maybe I wasn't clear. I was referring to el dorado . I hope they stock wed at Cerritos, plan on going Thursday ;)