PDA

View Full Version : first outing for the new year

Pino
01-13-2013, 11:03 AM
I was anxious to go out for the new year and try my new christmas toy that i got from my son ,a shimano,saros/4000fa,spiningreal.I paired the real with a daiwa 801ml 8ft pole and 10lb test line. This is what I allways use. So I went to the beach last week for a few hours after stopping at turners before to get my first ever lc .Got to the beach with my new outfit,lc,line,pole and real. I start to cast working my way down the beach,and about ten minutes later I think I get a hit. Oh no!!!! I'm stuck at about a few feet from the shore. I could see my line at the edge but I can't see what I am stuck on while the tide was coming in. Unfortunately, I didn't have my waiders. I just had regular clothes on: long pants and shoes. After a while, I give up and break the line off. I mark the spot on the beach where the line broke off. I run back to my car and get a small ancor and rope to try to snag and get my lc back. After a while it did not work so i cut off the ancor rope since it got stuck. The tide was coming in and was almost two feet deep by the time I was finished. I left the lc there with the mark on the beach. I kept on fishing with a croc. A little while later i get hit and i land about a 20 inch haly. I spent another hour there and got another hit but it didn't stick and i called it a day and decided to come back later to catch a small tide to get my lc. I got home and looked at the tide chart and the little tide was going to be at 9 pm. I asked my son to go with me to the beach which was dark. We took flashlights and my waiders. We got to the beach and the tide was low but still going out so i waited. I waited like 15 minutes and it got low enough to see where it got stuck. I got the ancor which i had to cut out with a knife as well as my lc. It was stuck in the sand on what appears to be a blue tarp that was dugged into the beach sand. It wasn't a bad day but it was a learning experience and i didn't get skunked with my new outfit which is a good sign for me. I also got my lc back.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p177/pino_2007/IMAG1267_zps9a1ecce1.jpg

Tubbytuba
01-13-2013, 04:50 PM
cant go wrong with Crocs and LCs, good job trooper, and a nice flattie:Thumbs Up: im batting a fat goose egg for 2013, i need to hit the water bad! may 2013 be filled with legals friend

Good hunting

Jaysuuun
01-14-2013, 02:42 AM
Nice job on the Hali and and even better job on getting your LC back.

DockRat
01-14-2013, 06:00 AM
Great story and true dedication to get that LC back.
Sounds like LB. LB likes to eat lures with all the debris that comes out of those rivers.
DR

TUNAVIC
01-14-2013, 09:12 AM
Way to go on the Hali,and the lure retrieval,that would have been a real bummer for someone to step on,while wading.

Cya Tuna Vic

SP Dan
01-14-2013, 06:51 PM
Hi ya Pino,

A 20" Hali, a recovered $20.00 LC Lure and your anchor! WTG!
This session of yours ended up with some very positive notes!

I was out this past Sunday with a good friend that had lost his LC110 lure the first hour of our Sunday session.
I've heard of people loosing as many as 16 LC lures in a season.
That's a lot of $ and devotion if you ask me!

Thanx for the fish report and the fish picture! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

Wingnut
01-14-2013, 07:36 PM
Congrats on the Hali... I haven't got one this year yet. :Envious:
That's a lot of work for a lost LC... :Shocked: Glad you got it back. :Big Grin:

PTN
01-14-2013, 07:41 PM
Pretty nice outing for the new year and you got your LC back! Thanks for sharing.

-Peter

murrieta angler
01-15-2013, 08:25 AM
Hey Pino,
Nice job getting a halibut in this cold weather.
I know exactly what you mean about the LC, I was the one that lost one on Sunday...:Embarrassed:
I lost 15 last year...:Shocked: but to my credit, I won 6 of those in a poker tournament...:Envious:
Great job out there and keep up the good work,
Robert
<><

bachiboy
01-15-2013, 11:23 AM
Way to go getting that shorty! Sounds like you put in some time to get it, then REALLY put in some time to get that LC back!:EyePop: Like Tunavic said, it might have helped save someone from stepping on it...on top of the fact that losing those things hurts the pocket.

Thanks for the great read!
Don