PDA

View Full Version : Sillverwood 1/12/13 Buurrrrrr

AZ.Kid
01-12-2013, 09:24 PM
38586I think my boat was trying to tell me it was to cold to go fishing, but went down to the wood anyway, sun was up and only a little wind. still had ice on the boat when I left, but it wasn't to cold to fish. I did not see many trout 2 -3 here and there.
Striper is still bitting, and some schools coming up 40' - 30' range with some nice fish in them. I was messing with the small ones, and they are burping up some pink chuncks when they come up. looks like little bits of shrimp?
anyone know if there is some type of grass shrimp in Sillverwood? heard a few people getting all excited at the docks a couple times so they may be bitting there as well, the ranger said they had been getting striper & trout all week.
It was nice I think I'll go back in the morning if I can get the wifes blessing :Cool:

JAG107
01-13-2013, 01:52 PM
Way to brave the cold man. Nice report, wish I didnt have to work all weekend, most people I talked to caught some nice fish around socal this week.

MikesOcean
01-13-2013, 03:35 PM
Thx for the report! I miss that place! I will be there Sooon!!

Geraldlim
01-13-2013, 05:35 PM
Went there on Friday.
Just before opening a park employee told me they probably wont be open because the ice and snow on the road needed to be cleared.
It was 16 deg!
So much for the almost 2 hour drive there. Had to pack up the boat again and head back over to DVL.

AZ.Kid
01-13-2013, 09:19 PM
Went there on Friday.
Just before opening a park employee told me they probably wont be open because the ice and snow on the road needed to be cleared.
It was 16 deg!
So much for the almost 2 hour drive there. Had to pack up the boat again and head back over to DVL.

Thats a bummer, there is still a lot of snow & ice on the road but the ramp is clear. how did you do at DVL ?

AZ.Kid
01-13-2013, 09:26 PM
Thx for the report! I miss that place! I will be there Sooon!!

I have been looking for you out there, the last 4 times I have been there this year is almost like having the lake to your self. and the water is flat, I don't think I have ever seen it this calm.

The Lone Fisherman
01-14-2013, 07:29 AM
It was a cold day but you got out and got some fish as well. I noticed a Tracker boat jaming to Bob Marley when I was at the inlet, was that you? I was on the blue Hobie.

AZ.Kid
01-14-2013, 08:07 AM
It was a cold day but you got out and got some fish as well. I noticed a Tracker boat jaming to Bob Marley when I was at the inlet, was that you? I was on the blue Hobie.

I was in a Tracker, but must have been someone else you seen. I don't use my boat stereo when fishing, just Ipod and headphones. I went over to the inlet for a bit when they were pumping in water but don't remember anyone on a Hobie.
I got to hand it to you guys on the Hobies & Yaks that go out there this time of the year. I could not take the chance of tipping in a Yak or getting a flat in the Hobie, I would crap fudgesicles in that water lol

seal
01-14-2013, 01:16 PM
Went there on Friday.
It was 16 deg!

They opened around noon, no trout plant that day we were there ready to toss swimbaits but probably wouldn't have mattered the big fish are not playing right now, you could have probably gotten some action on a downrigger or something suspended deeper.

Geraldlim
01-16-2013, 07:53 AM
Thats a bummer, there is still a lot of snow & ice on the road but the ramp is clear. how did you do at DVL ?

I got just one about 5 lbs on the last pass of the day. The way it pulled drag I was sure I got a DD but it was just a big schoolie.

AZ.Kid
01-16-2013, 10:08 PM
I got just one about 5 lbs on the last pass of the day. The way it pulled drag I was sure I got a DD but it was just a big schoolie.

5lbs is still a nice fish, thinking about DVL this weekend while my bones thaw out some more.