PDA

View Full Version : SARL fri 1/11 float tube report

-mike
01-12-2013, 05:23 PM
I don't have time to post a long report so I'll make it short: the bite was red hot! Early in the morning and up until 10:00am they were shallow and biting crankbaits. Then the shallow bite went dead so I kicked out into deeper water to see if I could meter any fish....When I got out to where it was 20 feet deep I located a big school of fish holding on the bottom. They were stacked up big time in that area and for about 30 minutes I was catching them as fast as I could unhook them and re-tie. All the deep fish were caught on the dropshot: white trout king worm 2 feet above a #7 split shot. If you have a fishfinder keep moving around until you mark fish because the fish move deep and concentrate in big schools during the middle of the day

Hotbite909
01-13-2013, 12:00 PM
Glad to hear that you slayed because it seemed to be a little slow there lately. I was planning to kill it on Saturday. I got there and started to put my boat in the water and dead batteries. It would not start. It felt like almost getting to first base and then denied! If you no what I saying. I will get my revenge next week during the event.

allanon
01-13-2013, 04:47 PM
Congrats on the great day and thanks for the report!