PDA

View Full Version : Surprised at Perris

skatino
01-12-2013, 02:48 PM
First off, I have been lurking for a long long time on this site, but I have decided its time to start posting. So....Hi, my name is Steve, I have been a fish-aholic for 32 years!

Fished a club tourney out at Perris today, figuring with the way the weather has been, cold front moved through, blue bird skies I was hoping to just get one bite. Launched at safe light, went to the east end to try to get back into that pocket there. Darn water dropped since 2 weeks ago so that was a no go. Switch gears and head over to the tires. Second boat out there, then it was just about the whole lake out there. I think we had about 11 boats within casting distance, and 6 were from our club. Anyways, went to work throwing a hula grub on a football head. Picked up one about 16.5", then awhile goes by and get another around 15.5". Nothing big, but I have already exceeded my expectations for the day! Partner makes the switch to the same bait and sticks a 13" and a 19" that went 4.11lbs. Now, there was a snaffu in the permits (had dfw, but not local lake permit), so everything was paper (which is why I didn't weigh my fish), no biggy. I ended up pulling 3 more off the tires on a drop shot and then we made a couple moves for nothing. Off the water at about 12:30, and of the 9 boats, we took first with a paper weight of a little over 14lbs. Only one boat completely blanked but they were throwing big baits.

Water was around 53-54 degrees, all fish came in about 15 feet or less of water. Would have posted pics, but it was a tournament...so next time.

Tight lines
Steve

"

Perris_holic
01-12-2013, 03:19 PM
Congrats on the fish and welcome to the board.

Surfer
01-13-2013, 01:52 AM
Pm sent...

Nitro
01-13-2013, 10:09 PM
Great report and good job out there!! It has been a tough bite out there for me the past few weeks but I did get a nice 5.5 lber off a jerk bait last week. I will try to post a pic if I can get it to work!! 38598

skatino
01-14-2013, 05:50 AM
Great report and good job out there!! It has been a tough bite out there for me the past few weeks but I did get a nice 5.5 lber off a jerk bait last week. I will try to post a pic if I can get it to work!! 38598

Nice fish Nitro! How long of a pause were you taking with that jerk bait? Thats a bait I have been wanting to get better with, I have only had two really good days on a jerk bait.

Tight lines,
Steve

Kelster
01-15-2013, 11:44 AM
Welcome aboard and keep up the reports.