PDA

View Full Version : 1/11/13 Bako Duct Skunk Trip

FishingwithDave
01-11-2013, 07:17 PM
Decided to get out this afternoon and get my Duct fix and try out a new casting rod (7' 10" Wright & McGill Skeet Reese) my wife got me for Xmas. Been practicing a whole lately in the backyard so I can get the damn lures across the duct, recently switching to a two handed casting method which increased my casting distance about 6-7 feet and way fewer birds nests. Really like the rod and can easily get lures across the duct now so well in fact, that i knocked a chunk out of one of my KPNs when I drilled it into the Aqueduct wall. Ouch!! It's got a real sensitive tip that I think enhances the presentation. Love to see how it does with a fish hooked up, but that didn't happen today.

Hit two spots, but got skunked. Had a couple of bumps on the KPN, but that was it. Threw some Flukes and GitzIts as well. Water wasn't moving at all.

Cool and crisp out there below the Vine. My finger tips were numb. Can't imagine how it is going to be out there tonight or early tomorrow morning.

trail blazer
01-11-2013, 07:37 PM
great job DAVE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Gates opening lately at midnight till morn,,,,,,,,,trail blazer

Salc28
01-12-2013, 10:02 PM
I hit the aqueduct for about 3 hours today in the morning from 7 to 9:30 am out there by the mettler pumps and manged a 19" striper