PDA

View Full Version : Need Info ASAP

elfarolitojr03
01-10-2013, 09:28 PM
Hello FNN,

I rigged up a trolling motor onto my pontoon float tube. Do i have to have it registered when i have a trolling motor on it? Or does it not matter. Would really like to know by tonight if anyone has any information on this. Planning on hitting up the lake tomorrow morning. Thanks for reading.

Cadillyak
01-10-2013, 09:54 PM
I believe that if it has a motor on it, then it DOES need to be registered. Better off getting a good pair of fins and saving the hassle.

fishinglakes.com
01-10-2013, 10:05 PM
Hello FNN,

I rigged up a trolling motor onto my pontoon float tube. Do i have to have it registered when i have a trolling motor on it? Or does it not matter. Would really like to know by tonight if anyone has any information on this. Planning on hitting up the lake tomorrow morning. Thanks for reading.

No, you are fine as long as you are talking about an electric trolling motor. Just make sure you have life vest. Thanks, have fun!!

elfarolitojr03
01-10-2013, 10:37 PM
Thank you guys for the responses. I think I shoulda called sarl and asked and I woulda saved myself the hassle and the stress of waiting lol. See you out there tomorrow.

Poxy Boggards
01-11-2013, 03:17 PM
You don't need a registration at SARL, but it is required anywhere besides a private lake if you are under any sort electric or gas propulsion.