PDA

View Full Version : Palos Verdes and Marina Del Rey jetty fishing, anyone wanna go this weekend or next?

Jamesbryantoeng
01-10-2013, 03:32 PM
Hi guys I just wanna know if anyone is down for fishing off the jetties this weekend?? :Smile:

if you guys have ISO gear that'd be cool (floater + long telescope rod) but that just your preference.

Please let me know, PM me or just reply here I am just wondering if there are even anything to catch this month off from those jetty. :LOL:

Wreched
01-15-2013, 12:53 PM
Hi guys I just wanna know if anyone is down for fishing off the jetties this weekend?? :Smile:

if you guys have ISO gear that'd be cool (floater + long telescope rod) but that just your preference.

Please let me know, PM me or just reply here I am just wondering if there are even anything to catch this month off from those jetty. :LOL:

Hey James,

have you gone yet? I was thinking about hitting MDR jetty this sat if you are still insterested, i am new to the whole surf fishing but have a good setup, I was at will rogers day before yesterday and my girl caught 2 BSPs im still trying to hunt for the elusive flat fish we all no as halibut but no luck, I am wondering maybe its just not the time of year. Anywho let me know if you want to go this weekend it doesnt even have to be MDR.

Lightline
01-16-2013, 06:53 PM

Do you have the ISO LB reel?

Wreched
01-17-2013, 10:37 AM
No I do not, and to be honest what is that? I have just your basic spinning reel rigged with 10lb P-line, and a 7"6 (i think) ugly stik fast action.

Jamesbryantoeng
02-06-2013, 09:14 PM
HI Lightline,

Sorry to reply so late because i didn't expect for anyone reply after awhile. I don't have the exact ISO LB reel but my rods and setup meets the fishing condition we are going to. My Rod is 13.5 - 14 feet, 12 lb ISO flexible line.

If you have similar stuff we should go to Palos Verdes.

Jamesbryantoeng
02-06-2013, 09:19 PM
ISO is really just a very long rod (something close to a telescopic rod). 13 feet + is good enough. I personally use a 14 ft but my friend has a 19 ft rod which is quite too heavy for me. The reason why it has to be long is cause you can cover more area with action, also that you could avoid snagging by lifting up the rod high (high wave / tides )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Occ-3OhrAUI

Take a look at this video, this is Palos verdes and hes using the ISO gear.