PDA

View Full Version : Hansen Dam 1-9-13

HunterAndy
01-09-2013, 04:25 PM
Went to the cement hole just to spend a little bit of time away from everything. Turns out they stocked 200lbs of trout 2 days ago. If you do the math thats less then 200 individual fish since the only ones I saw caught were 1/2-3/4lb fish. Didnt catch anything or get any bites on a couple different power baits since I didn't take a good variety. Water quality is bad. Too much weeds at the bottom. Way too many cormorants around as well. One person told me all the cormorants have been diving near the middle of the lake where the fish are schooled up by the pump located at the center of the lake. Maybe a float tube or small craft will do some justice...

HBAR
01-09-2013, 05:05 PM
I was going to tube it tomorrow as I along with a buddy were there this morning, no bites either and we tried a few different pb flavors as well as some salmon roe. My son has some sort of awards presentstion tomorrow at school, maybe I'll go after but your right I saw the birds, well at least one of them get a trout.

etucker1959
01-11-2013, 11:45 PM
Went to the cement hole just to spend a little bit of time away from everything. Turns out they stocked 200lbs of trout 2 days ago. If you do the math thats less then 200 individual fish since the only ones I saw caught were 1/2-3/4lb fish. Didnt catch anything or get any bites on a couple different power baits since I didn't take a good variety. Water quality is bad. Too much weeds at the bottom. Way too many cormorants around as well. One person told me all the cormorants have been diving near the middle of the lake where the fish are schooled up by the pump located at the center of the lake. Maybe a float tube or small craft will do some justice...

I once had a girlfriend who said, "do you know why they don't send donkey's to school?" "Because nobody likes a smart arse." Let me do the math for you. 200 lbs of trout at a 1 lbs average = 200 fish. 200 lbs of trout at a 3/4 lbs average = 300 fish. 200 lbs of trout at a 1/2 average = 400 fish. You said the trout you saw caught were 1/2 - 3/4 a pound piece. Figure half were 1/2 a pound each and the other half were 3/4 a pound each. That means they stocked 350 individual trout. Sorry for being so anal!!! When they stock catfish in my local ponds, it's 300 individual fish from a 400 lbs stocking, because the fish usually average 1.25 lbs to 1.75 lbs a piece. The bite will be WFO till 75 catfish are killed, then it will turn into a pick bite. I figured this out by experience and mathematically. Hence my ex girlfriend was right, you shouldn't send donkey's to school because this is what you get ME!!! Good fishing to all.

camo
01-12-2013, 04:59 PM
I think he was meaning 1-4lbers