View Full Version : Late tubular report 1/5/13

FKNChristopH
01-07-2013, 07:51 PM
Short report:
Wet: 0720, dry: 1330
Temp: 56*F
Depth: 38-46feet
Kill count: 2 (1 red 3.2#)
Method of destruction: trout king mouse tail (pink ball, white tail) dipped in Bite-on Roe

Long report:
Met up with the bite-on crew at 0515 and froze my *** off walking to the registration tent for the event. Signed up for the blind bogey event with Scott, Diego, and Aaron. Went inside and began talkin with everyone and it got me pumped. The boys go their grub on while I was pretty full from my protein breakfast smoothie I made at home. Headed back to the car at 0600 and got in around 0615. Met up with everyone at trout island and started to unload the gear. Had the tube ready to go and we were in the water at 0700 after handing out some bite-on fury with the guys to a few shore anglers on trout island.
Fishing was sloww, but managed a couple with a nice 3# red kicker. I had the go pro with me but still trying to figuring out how to edit the videos. All fish were deeeeeeeeep. The meter would light up with marks that were holding to the bottom. A few mixed bait fish schools around and a lot of birds working them. Worked down the west shore, to mid lake and that's where I spent most of my day, kicking back and forth through mid lake. Had a short bite on the way in to trout island that I didn't land. I didn't get bit on crawlers or the crank all day. They wanted the mouse tail with bite on roe. I strongly believe the bite on roe was the key.

Pics/vid to come later

*shakkkaaa*

BRING IT
01-08-2013, 11:45 AM
oooooooooooh buddy, It was a tough one alright, but the kick in was fun....lol lets gettem next time
Have Fun/Fish Hard
BRING IT:Guns:

FKNChristopH
01-08-2013, 03:19 PM
This weekend!

BRING IT
01-08-2013, 03:28 PM
tomorrow??

vdubfiend
01-08-2013, 06:58 PM
Sunday was pretty much the same. I did end up with 3 and lost soemthing that was big... Ran on me two times before he busted me off..... I got a nice 4.2 lb and 2.6 lb at the backside of trout island and on my way in- right next to the rental dock... All on white jig with black worm
Thanks for the report

5150fishn
01-09-2013, 10:06 AM
Good job out there on a tough bite. Bite-on always gives you that extra edge. Thanks for the report!

luckyjr21
01-09-2013, 11:45 AM
Good job out there !! I was up and down the the west shore all day and besides two bites , no action for me but it was still fun, cant wait to get out there weekend again!!

Mr T-rex
01-09-2013, 12:25 PM
Sorry buddy but you need me out there

Good job out there !! I was up and down the the west shore all day and besides two bites , no action for me but it was still fun, cant wait to get out there weekend again!!