PDA

View Full Version : Newb trying to catch Halibut

Wreched
01-07-2013, 06:44 PM
Hello my fellow fisherman and woman happy new years!!

New to this site and new to my title above. First off id just like to point out that this site seems like a pretty good group of people and great comradery. Anywho, so ive been itching to go and try and catch halibut but just dont know where to go, every site i turn to they say jetty, or pier, or surf. But i am a loss as to where i should begin, I finally got the rigging down as i didnt have it down before.

As for bait should it be live or artificial? and what about seasons is there a better time best time good time? Or better yet, what is the better place to go. Anywho thanks for looking and Happy new year

Wingnut
01-07-2013, 07:05 PM
Happy New Year and welcome to FNN. :Big Grin:

This is a good place to start (check out the link).
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?41562-Surf-Fishing-for-Halibut-101

Search and read all the reports, spend some time in the water, have lots of patience and you will succeed. :Wink:
Good luck and looking forward to your future reports. :Cool:

iLLest
01-08-2013, 01:26 AM
The first link provided by Wingnut has some serious detail descriptions on how to successfully target Halibut.
Marc (the op who wrote the thread) took some serious time to write it and be as on point as can be, give it a read and good luck on your mission.
Also, if you check out the surf fishing section, a number of different members post reports on how they successfully caught a halibut. Check it out sometime.

Wreched
01-08-2013, 08:09 AM
The first link provided by Wingnut has some serious detail descriptions on how to successfully target Halibut.
Marc (the op who wrote the thread) took some serious time to write it and be as on point as can be, give it a read and good luck on your mission.
Also, if you check out the surf fishing section, a number of different members post reports on how they successfully caught a halibut. Check it out sometime.

Thank you wing nut!!! I just read that last night and he mentioned you in the post!!!!! I'll be in Leo carillo this weekend to try and land some halibut ill post pictures if I catch anything!!!! Thanks again