PDA

View Full Version : Golf course fishing?

Socalbassmaster
01-07-2013, 06:28 PM
Hi FNN users im looking to find a couple new spots to fish when the bite is off at my local lakes and my big lakes. I know some of you guys fish golf courses and pull some toads from em, and was wondering if any body can share a couple of those spots with me. Any where in La county or Orange county is cool. Thanks guys :-) and good fishing to you all

dday07
01-07-2013, 06:53 PM
Golf courses alittle small for me... querries are good choices if you don't mind a occasional run now and them from the cops
Hi FNN users im looking to find a couple new spots to fish when the bite is off at my local lakes and my big lakes. I know some of you guys fish golf courses and pull some toads from em, and was wondering if any body can share a couple of those spots with me. Any where in La county or Orange county is cool. Thanks guys :-) and good fishing to you all

fishermanx14
01-07-2013, 07:38 PM
over at san dimas my uncle used to go and get the badd preatty good, he saw a moutian lion they to kill a coyote so watch out hahah! I also have a buddy that pulled a 12 hog out of serria la verne. While up there you could also try the san dimas resivoir

bassfishing24/7
01-07-2013, 08:19 PM
Golf courses alittle small for me... querries are good choices if you don't mind a occasional run now and them from the cops
I've hit up both & r still tough as any park lake....good luck finding new spots...

SoCalFisher606
01-12-2013, 07:51 AM
over at san dimas my uncle used to go and get the badd preatty good, he saw a moutian lion they to kill a coyote so watch out hahah! I also have a buddy that pulled a 12 hog out of serria la verne. While up there you could also try the san dimas resivoir

A 12 pounder out of Sierra la verne? I didn't even know there were fish in there

dday07
01-13-2013, 10:40 AM
Had tough time at local city park lakes during spawn...but killed it at my local quarry...hit almost every cast
I've hit up both & r still tough as any park lake....good luck finding new spots...

Kingfish Addict
01-15-2013, 09:31 PM
Had tough time at local city park lakes during spawn...but killed it at my local quarry...hit almost every cast

Never thought about a quarry, but how the heck is there fish in there? Isn't it just ground water from digging so deep?

Socalbassmaster
01-15-2013, 10:36 PM
no help guys?

Kingfish Addict
01-15-2013, 10:49 PM
no help guys?

I left you a response in your other 'golf course' thread....

carpanglerdude
01-15-2013, 10:57 PM
Never thought about a quarry, but how the heck is there fish in there? Isn't it just ground water from digging so deep?

Yes. However, helpful bucket biologist (anglers, workers, etc) often dump fish in these quarries. Many of them were stocked 20 + years ago. If they hold water year-round, the fish may thrive and reach huge sizes.

Unfortunately, getting access to these quarries is often the problem.

georatm2011
01-15-2013, 11:03 PM
Many years ago my pops took us over to Los Amigos Golf Course in Downey and I swear we caught huge blue gill and bass on every cast. It's the front 9 on your right if you enter through the main entrance; find the small bridge. Watch out though, their is a juvenile hall near by and they patrol the park sometimes.