PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid 1-6-12 report

flyhigh123
01-07-2013, 10:20 AM
Woke up to rain and was worried that it would be rained out. I checked a few website on the weather like wunderground.com and checked the radar forecast. It looked like it was clear and would stay clear for most of the day.
By 6am i was on the rode to pick up my boat and head out to Pyramid. Got to the mid around 8am. It was calm almost like glass in the marina. Got the boat in the water.

I picked up a new weight for my DR hoping to test it out and some frozen dines at gallions.

I shot out to the damn and metered fish in the 120 feet range, which is really deep. I dropped my lure down with the DR, but my DR only has 150 feet line. Based on the angle of the DR at a 2.5-3mph troll, it looked like my bait was probably in the 100 feet range, about 20 feet short. I still gave it a go, but no takers after 2 hours. So i took a break and tried the B&W. That too wasn't successful after another 1.5 hour. It was close to noon, so i decided to try the standard troll and got started. Metered fish in the 20-40 foot range, but no takers there either.

The weather started getting dark with moments of rain here and there.

As i am trolling into a cove, i had a phantom hit on on of the line and start reeling it in. I had a triple hookup, however they were dinks. I would say a little less than a pound each. Great that it was a triple, bad that they were so small. I tossed them back, and continued the troll.

The rain started to come in and we called it a day.

Lucikly as soon as I pulled my boat out of the water, the rain started to pour along with hail and slush.

Krazzyyo
01-07-2013, 11:35 AM
Thanks for the report. Was there a lot of people out there fishing Sunday? Someone told me trout was stocked that day.

Coefficient13
01-07-2013, 03:12 PM
At least you beat the skunk. Sorry you didn't get the action you'd hoped for.

Thanks for the early last year report :)

trail blazer
01-07-2013, 04:17 PM
Great to see a mid report,,,,,,,,,,,There in there bro,,,,,,,,,,,maby biger ones under the dinks,,,,,thanks for the report.

TRAIL BLAZER

pyramidrose
01-07-2013, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the report. Was there a lot of people out there fishing Sunday? Someone told me trout was stocked that day.

I'm sorry if you were misinformed about the trout plant. We are scheduled to get one this week but it would have been posted as "the week of 1/6/13". Just keep in mind they never stock on the weekends.