PDA

View Full Version : S.W.A.T. 2013 Firsts 1/5/13

murrieta angler
01-07-2013, 08:50 AM
Was going to stay home on Saturday but around 11:30 Sheila says, " lets go to the beach "...:Smile:
Don't have to ask me twice. Left the house at 12:15, arrived to the beach at 1:15 and my line was wet 10 minutes later.
The winds were about 6-8 knots, water temps around 57, outside temp 62 and mostly sunny.
The high tide was at 3:30 and was only 3.25 feet. Waves were small, water was pretty clear, but no love from the fish.
Threw for about an hour and a half for nothing. Went North first and then back. Stopped to talk to Sheila, see if she was okay, and then went South.
Finall got a nibble and I stuck the BSP. Taped out at 4 1/2"...:Big Grin: Gotta start somewhere!!
I was at my turning point and finally got another fish, 19" halibut.
I decided to call it quits and headed back to Sheila.
We ended up having dinner at a place by the beach, she had margaritas and chicken enchiladas. I had a margarita and a fish, scallop and shrimp dish in a white wine and garlic sauce;
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/gudgersfishing/Mobile%20Uploads/image-971.jpg
Yes, dinner was wonderful...:Envious:
Hopefully the weather gets a little better here and the WSB start to move in soon...:Razz:
Take Care All,
Robert
<><

Nipple Twister
01-07-2013, 09:03 AM
......a invite to fish with Mama......I got to spend my 10 yr anniversary couple weeks ago on the sand too! I bet she never seen you move that fast huh?
Cool report thanks for sharing, now I realize "who" sent that text with the fine lookin grub...... thx bro, because of that i got Mama to make a huge pot of seafood soup.....
So far my 2013 fish count is one small ray, hit LBC last Fri and got hooked onto something very large and shaky but it came unbuttoned at the sand......

Wingnut
01-07-2013, 12:43 PM
Nice 1st surf session of 2013 Roberto. :Big Grin: I haven't been out there this year yet...
Let's see who will put up the first fish on the S.W.A.T. Challenge Leader Board. :Wink:
New categories added! :Envious: Good luck this year my friend. :Cool:

cjmedina
01-07-2013, 09:00 PM
Way to go man

bloox8
01-07-2013, 09:34 PM
Slow but awesome day. Congrats on the shorty
I wish I could've caught at least a short bsp on my recent outing but a SKUNK it was :Sad:...
I got to get out there again soon. Thanks for the report
Thien

iLLest
01-08-2013, 12:13 AM
When I received the text with that great looking food, it made my mouth water!
I havent ate a good seafood dinner like that in a while. I miss those halikabobs too, kinda forgetting how they taste since its been a while lol.
That PB Perch sounds fun, specially when those little suckers hit the LC. I caught one similar to that size and I wonder how in the world is it planning on eating a LC? its almost as big as the Perch, crazy little guys.
As for the WSB, as soon as water begins to cooperate our way, I'll be on the attack. I got a score to settle with one that I lost last year :(
Have a good one Roberto!

murrieta angler
01-08-2013, 09:00 AM
......a invite to fish with Mama......I got to spend my 10 yr anniversary couple weeks ago on the sand too! I bet she never seen you move that fast huh?
Cool report thanks for sharing, now I realize "who" sent that text with the fine lookin grub...... thx bro, because of that i got Mama to make a huge pot of seafood soup.....
So far my 2013 fish count is one small ray, hit LBC last Fri and got hooked onto something very large and shaky but it came unbuttoned at the sand......
Hey John,
I love me some seafood soup...:Smile:
Does she throw in some jalapeno's for some zip?!?:Wink:
I think it's going to be a better year for everybody. If everyone just sticks with it...:Cool:
Hope to see you in Santa Barbera next month, unless i make a call telling everyone to head South for WSB...:Envious:
Have a good one Bro,
Robert
<><

Nice 1st surf session of 2013 Roberto. :Big Grin: I haven't been out there this year yet...
Let's see who will put up the first fish on the S.W.A.T. Challenge Leader Board. :Wink:
New categories added! :Envious: Good luck this year my friend. :Cool:
I'm guessing it will be a YFC.
I already pulled in a 16" and 17", but it was the 31st...:Surprised:
BTW, I will be in Vegas next month, so put on your lucky gambling socks....:Razz:
Take care Brotha,
Robert
<><

Way to go man

Carlos!!!
Why don't you shoot me a call?!
PM me if you have a new number.
Hope all is well and Happy New Years,
Robert
<><

Slow but awesome day. Congrats on the shorty
I wish I could've caught at least a short bsp on my recent outing but a SKUNK it was :Sad:...
I got to get out there again soon. Thanks for the report
Thien
Hey Thien,
You got skunked....:Shocked:
Must have been real bad conditions.
With your skills, a legal is just around the corner...:Wink:
Take Care,
Robert
<><

When I received the text with that great looking food, it made my mouth water!
I havent ate a good seafood dinner like that in a while. I miss those halikabobs too, kinda forgetting how they taste since its been a while lol.
That PB Perch sounds fun, specially when those little suckers hit the LC. I caught one similar to that size and I wonder how in the world is it planning on eating a LC? its almost as big as the Perch, crazy little guys.
As for the WSB, as soon as water begins to cooperate our way, I'll be on the attack. I got a score to settle with one that I lost last year :(
Have a good one Roberto!

Hey Frank,
I think the same thing!!
They are very aggresive though, especially now that it's about spawning time.
Will you be heading up North in February?
I am going to hit up the beach this weekend if you want to join me.
Let me know...
Robert
<><

koifish
01-08-2013, 09:05 AM
Awesome start for the new year. I have not been to fishing yet LOL... but got a licence.

Fishbones
01-08-2013, 09:25 AM
Congrats Robert, you already got a head start on the 2013 portfolio.

SP Dan
01-08-2013, 12:29 PM
Hi ya Roberto,

I haven't spoke with you since last year!
Went out Saturday for three hours and the skunk!
Went out Sunday for five hours and landed one 18" pancake at 0915 hrs (at first rain) and first Hali of 2013! :Big Grin:

It's been tough fishing all of 2012 and I feel fully seasoned and completely prepared for a tough 2013 season!
If you are looking for me......you can find me in the salt! Let's hook it up soon!

Thanx for the fish report with pic's Brotha! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

bones
01-08-2013, 01:17 PM
Wow....Now that's a meal.
As for actually taking out your tape measure to see if your perch was longer than your LC.....I'll be nice:ROFL:
Good job on the first SWAT halibut for 2013 bro and thank you for all of the prayers and words of encouragement during my anxiety attacks lately.

Let's hope that the fishing is a little more consistant this season......I have a feeling that this year is going to be better for you down south but if that doesn't pan out I will "RENT" you a spot at my honey hole....LOL

Which Way Out
01-08-2013, 06:32 PM
As for actually taking out your tape measure to see if your perch was longer than your LC.....I'll be nice:ROFL:
Good job on the first SWAT halibut for 2013 bro and thank you for all of the prayers and words of encouragement during my anxiety attacks lately.

Let's hope that the fishing is a little more consistant this season......I have a feeling that this year is going to be better for you down south but if that doesn't pan out I will "RENT" you a spot at my honey hole....LOL

:Shocked:

BTW, Your description of dinner made my mouth water.
Best of luck Robert.

WWO

saltman
01-08-2013, 07:03 PM
Hey Bro

That is my kind of dish! I bet it tasted good to. As you know if is only a matter of time before thing change in the surf so be ready Roberto and head north my friend...

Ramiro.

dlmoo312
01-10-2013, 02:50 PM
Hi Robert,
Looks like you got the first halibut of 2013! :Big Grin:
One of my goals this year is to stick a legal wsb on the surf.
I'd love to see them make an appearance soon!
Thanks for the report!

-Daniel

murrieta angler
01-10-2013, 04:35 PM
Awesome start for the new year. I have not been to fishing yet LOL... but got a licence.
It's a start and I hope the fish START to heat up...:Smile:
At least you got the license. hoping to get out this weekend...:Rolls Eyes:
Take care,
Robert
<><

Hi ya Roberto,

I haven't spoke with you since last year!
Went out Saturday for three hours and the skunk!
Went out Sunday for five hours and landed one 18" pancake at 0915 hrs (at first rain) and first Hali of 2013! :Big Grin:

It's been tough fishing all of 2012 and I feel fully seasoned and completely prepared for a tough 2013 season!
If you are looking for me......you can find me in the salt! Let's hook it up soon!

Thanx for the fish report with pic's Brotha! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

Hey ya Dan,
You had a very nice year my friend...:Big Grin:
I hope it is better for everyone.
I know exactly where to find you, I'm going to try and head out this weekend, weather permitting, to see if any WSB are hanging around.
NT text me and said Sunday is looking good...:Wink:
Let me know!!!
Robert
<><

I knew it was at least 4", by comparison...:Cool: but since it was the first I needed to round it down to the half inch...:Rolls Eyes:
How's Lucy doing????????
Everything else is secondary right now...:Wink:
Talk To Ya Soon,
Robert
<><

:Shocked:

BTW, Your description of dinner made my mouth water.
Best of luck Robert.

WWO

Isn't he a load of laughs...:Nut Kick:
The food was very good, but I can always use a little more spices...:Beer Toast:
See you next month Bro,
Robert
<><

Hey Bro

That is my kind of dish! I bet it tasted good to. As you know if is only a matter of time before thing change in the surf so be ready Roberto and head north my friend...

Ramiro.

Hey Ramiro,
I am looking forward to hitting the waters of Santa Barbera next month...:Big Grin:
You are going to be there, right!?!
Happy New Years Brotha,
Robert
<><

Hi Robert,
Looks like you got the first halibut of 2013! :Big Grin:
One of my goals this year is to stick a legal wsb on the surf.
I'd love to see them make an appearance soon!
Thanks for the report!

-Daniel

Hey Daniel,
I haven't forgotten what I said earlier.
I will be looking this weekend, weather permitting...:Wink:
Take Care,
Robert
<><

murrieta angler
01-10-2013, 04:45 PM
Congrats Robert, you already got a head start on the 2013 portfolio.

Hey Alex!!!
Hope you had a nice Holiday Season Bro.
Thanks for the reply.
If you ever want to hit the salt, shoot me a PM.
Take Care,
Robert
<><

bachiboy
01-11-2013, 04:53 PM
Hey Robert,

Sorry for the late reply. Been swamped with work and taking care of a prego at home. :Rolls Eyes::Secret::LOL: Haven't had much time to get on this board and post much less hit the surf. Congrats on getting the first flattie of the year. I'm sure that there'll be many more stories of much larger fish from you throughout 2013!:Wink: Looking forward to seeing and fishing with everyone next month...assuming, of course, that something doesn't happen and I can't make it.:Rolls Eyes:

Take care...
Don

Fishbones
01-11-2013, 06:03 PM
Hey Alex!!!
Hope you had a nice Holiday Season Bro.
Thanks for the reply.
If you ever want to hit the salt, shoot me a PM.
Take Care,
Robert
<><

Thanks Robert <><, sounds good.