PDA

View Full Version : Downey Wilderness Park (trout)

georatm2011
01-06-2013, 08:52 PM
Finally pulled in the first trout for 2013, I guess the stars were aligned cause there should be no trout left in here. The lake was stocked almost a months ago but my theory was that maybe there was a few left, my cousin caught a 14" trout on rainbow garlic powerbait. Lets hope 2013 is better for everyone.

Carptain_Bao
01-06-2013, 08:55 PM
congratz on the catch in a local park lake. keep the local reports coming!

georatm2011
01-07-2013, 04:16 PM
For sure, going fishing this weekend at Legg, I don't know all the fishing lingo but I'll post it up.

TUNAVIC
01-07-2013, 07:32 PM
Finally pulled in the first trout for 2013, I guess the stars were aligned cause there should be no trout left in here. The lake was stocked almost a months ago but my theory was that maybe there was a few left, my cousin caught a 14" trout on rainbow garlic powerbait. Lets hope 2013 is better for everyone.

Something I've heard lately is that they are stocking many local lakes just not reporting the stockings,why? who knows.I fish Downey Wilderness quite often and believe me,the trout don't last in that "pond" for 3weeks,there is alot of locals who fish it regularly,not to mention the seemingly resident cormorants,usually about 15-25 which work that place very efficiently,I'm not saying you didnt catch the trout there,its just hard to believe it survived in that very small lake for 3-4wks,after the last stocking,I think they may have stocked more recently,regardless wtg on your catch.

Cya Tuna Vic

georatm2011
01-12-2013, 06:54 PM
Something I've heard lately is that they are stocking many local lakes just not reporting the stockings,why? who knows.I fish Downey Wilderness quite often and believe me,the trout don't last in that "pond" for 3weeks,there is alot of locals who fish it regularly,not to mention the seemingly resident cormorants,usually about 15-25 which work that place very efficiently,I'm not saying you didnt catch the trout there,its just hard to believe it survived in that very small lake for 3-4wks,after the last stocking,I think they may have stocked more recently,regardless wtg on your catch.

Cya Tuna Vic

I was as surprised as you are TUNAVIC, this fish seemed a lot larger than the fish that are generally stocked by the DFG. There will be stocking next week at DWP and at Cerritos Regional, I am going to hit them up. Anyways this trout didn't die fast like the newly stocked usually do, I had him in my basket for two hours and he was still alive and kickin all the way home in Bellflower to boot.