PDA

View Full Version : Perris 1/5/2012

christopherstellar
01-06-2013, 08:19 PM
Headed to Perris hoping the approaching storm would make the bass a little more active. I started off fishing the dam with reaction baits but got absolutely no love. Through out the day there was a lot of bird activity and I was marking bait but I did not see the schools of bass I'm used to seeing on the graph. I switched over to the flickshake and deadsticked the bait over at the east end where a managed a bass that went maybe 12'. That was my only bite of the day. There were a lot of guys out on the lake and each spot had at least 2-3 boats on it. There is a tourney next weekend and the pre fishing crowd was out in full force. I talked with a couple of other bass guys at the launch ramp and they reported similar results. One of park rangers did tell me a 13 lber was caught on Friday. I will be back on the 12th with just the swim bait stick, so if I get one bite, it will hopefully be the right size ;). Overall it was a beautiful day and it was nice to kick some of the winter rust off and take the boat out.

Sublime-Steve
01-07-2013, 06:43 AM
Thanks for the report. Guess its been tough ppl r finding the schools but there not eating. keep it up!