PDA

View Full Version : Guasti 1/6/2013

pescadito
01-06-2013, 04:57 PM
I fished Guasti today with a friend in cold and breezy conditions. It was cold this morning and rainy, and as the front started to move through, it got windy at about 11 or noon. We were able to scratch out a limit on minijigs. We saw some guys hooking them on powerbait, but i didnt see what colors they were throwing. We didnt get anything huge, but we did get one about 6 pounds, but most were in the 2 pound range. All the fish were fun on 2 pound test and pulled pretty hard. It was my first time there, and was expecting the tailwalkers to have full tails, but they did not. they were still a whole lot of fun.

Water isnt too badly stained, but darker colors seemed to work better for them, altough i did get a couple on white jigs, mostly smoke or smoke with some kind of sparkle worked for us.

I dont own a camera, so sorry for no pics.

Cartman
01-06-2013, 06:41 PM
I fished Guasti today with a friend in cold and breezy conditions. It was cold this morning and rainy, and as the front started to move through, it got windy at about 11 or noon. We were able to scratch out a limit on minijigs. We saw some guys hooking them on powerbait, but i didnt see what colors they were throwing. We didnt get anything huge, but we did get one about 6 pounds, but most were in the 2 pound range. All the fish were fun on 2 pound test and pulled pretty hard. It was my first time there, and was expecting the tailwalkers to have full tails, but they did not. they were still a whole lot of fun.

Water isnt too badly stained, but darker colors seemed to work better for them, altough i did get a couple on white jigs, mostly smoke or smoke with some kind of sparkle worked for us.

I dont own a camera, so sorry for no pics. You didn't get anything huge, but you caught a six pound trout? :EyePop:

Leejahd
01-06-2013, 07:10 PM
Where were you guys fishing? Haven't been here yet and wanted to try it out.

pescadito
01-06-2013, 09:29 PM
cartman, you are right, it's a big fish. But i'm still looking to break my personal best of 8 pounds. i didnt catch it, so it's a good fish. if I caught it, it would have been a GREAT fish. ha ha. i'm still looking for my first over 10 pounds.

We were fishing a couple spots, mostly the cove right by the front parking lot. it's a new lake to me as well, so i'm not sure about the names of the coves. We also hooked a couple in front of the consession stand where there is a pretty good drop off to deeper water in the afternoon and the wind picked up. We know a couple guys that fished all the way in the back of the lake in a small cove and did well back there as well. We never went over to go look, but they said the water was cleaner back in there.

there was a guy that was fishing the point right in front of that cove that we were fishing that was doing rather well. it seems like that whole shoreline is good with lots of trout cruising.

Cartman
01-07-2013, 07:23 AM
Thanks for the detailed report.