PDA

View Full Version : Fools big womp womp moment

Thisfool
01-06-2013, 01:28 PM
well it was finally 3:30 on Friday time to clock out and head out to the lake, got the truck loaded up after a quick shower and with all the fixing to make some cheese burgers in hand i headed for the lake

got there around 6:30 to find Tappersteve, H-bar, Hometown, Josh & matt followed up shortly by seechrisfish we did up some burgers and had some good pizza that Chris had picked up. We fought the bitter cold with some nitro wood, little heads up if any one is looking into replacing your lament flooring please contact Tappersteve some of this wood flooring burns like jet fuel it is intense .

once morning came and the gates were open i was in the tube on the water lines wet by about 6:30 6:45

in aww of the beauty i snapped this really quick

http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/a424/Travis_Hernandez/1357399170662_zpsc63b9847.jpg

around 1am i turned on the fish finder to see how cold it was the hummingbird said it was 31 degrees and i think it got colder and here is my proof

this is my bottle of bite on and for a lack of words it was frozen solid (ok it had chilled into an extremely thick paste)
http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/a424/Travis_Hernandez/1357399168874_zps5ac3628f.jpg

it was about 8:00 when i got my first bite and it was on once again Fool's Bait Co Crazy Worm in SoCal sunrise color that had been paired with a white gulp egg.
http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/a424/Travis_Hernandez/2013-01-05074633_zps84f9adf7.jpg

about an hour passed and with no motivation to expose my hands to the bitter cold while dead sticking a drop shot set up and still dragging the CW with gulp egg i felt the call of nature so kicked over to trout island to use the facilities and stretch out my legs that were very sore from the cold and hopeful bring feeling back into my toes i stood on the shore line and chatted with some of the shore fishermen.

back in the tube i kicked over to the begging of the west shore and decided to work that area after seeing a few fish get caught and after a while my efforts were rewarded with a amazingly beautiful steel head oh man this thing was crazy chrome it came on a Crazy Worm in the Bloody Earthworm color once again paired with a white gulp egg

http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/a424/Travis_Hernandez/2013-01-05111735_zps98c69361.jpg

with some Intel received i made the kick around trout island to the flats where i picked up one more fish but this is where i had my womp womp moment. with my stringer tangled up in my rod holder system i removed the entire stringer from the tube placed it in my lap in order to try to put my fish on it and well the fish made one last valiant effort at freedom and succeeded he escaped my hand back to the water and in the commission of trying to catch him my stringer came off my lap and disappeared into the depths of the vine.

with the cold biting at my feet the feeling of an oncoming cramp in my left leg and the feeling of stupidity for what i just did i called it a day to go watch the winners be announced and talk with every one

CL SmooV
01-06-2013, 01:35 PM
That sucks! Be there done that. Fishing castaic gills with my dad in the eighties. Didn't bring the stringer in the boat when I road off to a different cove. Dad didn't talk to me for days!

Get back out there and make it happen again

Thisfool
01-06-2013, 02:46 PM
That sucks! Be there done that. Fishing castaic gills with my dad in the eighties. Didn't bring the stringer in the boat when I road off to a different cove. Dad didn't talk to me for days!

Get back out there and make it happen again

lol yea ive dropped a fish once but never the stringer ill be back out there soon

OC ANGLER
01-06-2013, 06:04 PM
that blows man but what you gonna do ... sh-t happens .. lol none the less atleast you were out there on the water .. damn the water temp was actually down to 31 degrees ? wow ... and the bite on freezing is crazy ... did you have the tube on top of the truck and it just froze from being out all night ?

see you guys in a couple weeks for the tourney !

Hometown
01-06-2013, 06:15 PM
Great report bummer about the escape of your catch it must of happened right after I saw you catch that fish when I was heading in

Thisfool
01-06-2013, 07:21 PM
that blows man but what you gonna do ... sh-t happens .. lol none the less atleast you were out there on the water .. damn the water temp was actually down to 31 degrees ? wow ... and the bite on freezing is crazy ... did you have the tube on top of the truck and it just froze from being out all night ?

see you guys in a couple weeks for the tourney !

lol NO NO NO the air was 31 in the parking lat

the water was 55

Great report bummer about the escape of your catch it must of happened right after I saw you catch that fish when I was heading in

yea just a few minutes later i spent a while trying to get the stringer unstuck.

See Chris Fish
01-06-2013, 09:04 PM
Bummer on the stringer. Don't want to even start on what I've lost overboard on the tube.
Sometimes you're the anvil, sometimes the hammer!!

Great pic of the Bite-On.
It was soooo cold out there!! Good thing HBar brought that dryer-bin fire pit!!

We set up at the entrance to Woody's. Some of the spots that didn't see the sun stayed frosted till almost 10am!! Luckily the humidity was low so it didn't ice over. I'd go stand in the water to "warm" my feet.

Travis, those were some great burgers!! Thanks again for bringing those and all the fixin's.
That pizza did hit the spot.
I think the late night campfire "grilled cheese burgers" and "Parmesan tomatoes slices" were excellent.
The tomatoes were completely frozen. That cold.

See ya soon.

Hometown
01-06-2013, 09:21 PM
It was cold for sure had to sit on a ice bench on the boat Not had my toasted warmed up coushion for about 5 miniutes then it turned cold

OC ANGLER
01-07-2013, 12:54 AM
lol NO NO NO the air was 31 in the parking lat

the water was 55

ya thats what i figured ... lol i was like no way .. good thing you guys had the dryer fire pit .. those things work awesome!

Rooster
01-07-2013, 10:23 AM
Great detailed report bro, The frozen bite on is funny stuff. :LOL:
That silver steelie is sweet. Did you hook any of those Yos Reds?

5150fishn
01-07-2013, 10:49 AM
Bummer about the stringer bro! Sounds like the usual parking lot pre party. Sounds like I missed a good time but I spent the day with my daughter so all was good. I will be out for the next tourney so I hope to see you out there!

Bebop
01-07-2013, 09:03 PM
Wait till you have a great day of big fish and you are in a boat, you forgot to grab your stringer out from the water into the boat and take off. Ggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddddddddddd. There goes your stringer that sucks. You could of placed in the tournament. Yes it happened to me. Crap

Tube Killer
01-07-2013, 11:48 PM
Bro I was there watching it I saw you early and you had two fish. I was in a boat that day with my Lil Trout Killer.
Nice fish man.

HBAR
01-08-2013, 04:09 PM
So next time we all get together, who do we get to bag on? This fool for loosing his stringer, or Josh who never did get his engine running?
Then again there was those of us on shore that every time we hooked up we managed to loose the fish 10-20 ft from us, Chris landed one or two, minihbar we thought caught one but it turned out he must have snagged the bundle of line along with like the 2oz egg sinker this trout was dragging around. As we all started to make our way out of there mini and I were the last one's to leave, and just as I put the last rod away the trout start slammin the surface for a few mins, we just stood there watching them the thought was going through my head do I pull a couple of rods out or not? crap none of them are rigged for surface dang it, ahhhhhhh forget it let's go home.

Marley
01-09-2013, 09:58 PM
Wait till you have a great day of big fish and you are in a boat, you forgot to grab your stringer out from the water into the boat and take off. Ggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddddddddddd. There goes your stringer that sucks. You could of placed in the tournament. Yes it happened to me. Crap

I was going to tease Travis a little about trying to chum up one of those giant blue catfish, but this is a bit more egregious action :Envious: I have yet for this to happen to me but it did happen to a highschool friend, said the trout meat chumline was 50 yards long before they realized what was making the noise.
Nice fish though, Travis.