PDA

View Full Version : Corona Lake 1/4/13

Carptain_Bao
01-05-2013, 11:29 PM
Gave my friend a ride to ONT airport at 4:30 in the morning then drove down the 15 to Corona for some trouting with my dad.
Got on the water around 6:30. Anchored down near the stumps and started to set up the rods. Had my first fish around 8 while drop shotting a pink Fool's crazy worm. I was too confident so i didn't set the drag loose. the fish shook off the hook but it was a good start. Dad missed the first bite on power mouse(red head pink worm). We stayed until 10:30 for no more bites then moved to a new spot. Metered so many fish but not even one bite for 3 hours.
Moved again this time the spot was on fire. I landed 3(2 trout 1 crappie) by drop shotting Fool's crazy worm Passion Plum Color. My dad landed one on power mouse.
http://i50.tinypic.com/34zngc7.jpg
here's a dink crappie i caught. I'm just surprised they are still biting, probably becuase it was too hot that day.
http://i49.tinypic.com/1444kgk.jpg
Moved back near the stumps I landed another trout on Super Shad color crazy worm. Then my dad tried some drop shot as well. 3rd cast he hooked up the largest fish of the day, a 2lber. We both farmed a fish before we moved to our last spot.
The guys on the pontoon next to us were killing it. the 3 guys could bearly keep 3 rods in the water at the same time man fish after fish. We farmed 1 and landed another one. Off the water by 3:30

Tough day fishing, could have caught out limit, but we definitely underestimated the fish.
As for tough day, I mean the entire day I got no bite on Berkeley Mouse Tail at all. 1 fish on the power mouse, 4 fish on drop shot.
All in all it was a good day fishing. My dad has never done lure fishing before so I'm glad that i was able to hook him up with some fish on the drop shot.

Hot color of the day were the super shad and passion plum.

mjc89
01-06-2013, 12:34 AM
At least you guys didnt get skunked and you had a great time. Thats all that counts. Good job.

Thisfool
01-06-2013, 12:19 PM
cool way to go bao keep up the great fishing glad the new colors worked for you

TaperSteve
01-06-2013, 12:27 PM
Been hearing alot of good things about Fool's Crazy Worms!

Way to get out on the water with the paps.... congrats!

See you on the water soon buddy!

TS

phishin phool
01-08-2013, 07:25 PM
Drop shot can be deadly at Corona, sounds like a fun day with the Pops.....very cool. Those Sierra Bows can fight for sure...awesome fish. Thanks for posting.
Oh, and those darn Crappie can be a pain in the butt when your going for trout, but fun non the less:LOL: