PDA

View Full Version : corona lake 1/5/13 - 1 bite 2 hr fight

DotA
01-05-2013, 11:27 PM
so i decided to hit corona lake for some trout i got there around 10oclock and on the water around 10:30
i luanched behind the tackle shop and worked my way to the dam area..
it was like 11-11:30 when this fish takes my mini jig and peels line like a bat ray! im using a 7ft kencor pac 73 with my new saros 1000 and 2lb test
this fish takes me for a ride, my heart was pumping and i was feeling good! i gave all i got, i faught this fish for about 2 hours... turns out he almost got tangle with alot of boaters anchor but then he takes off back to the middle of the lake... i was so tired and beat from fighting him for so long my arms were swore i couldnt lift my pole anymore, i set the drag for a little more tighter and i kept reeling in and i happen to pull up on tight tension and he took off and snaped my line :Sad: heart broken for sure... i called up a few friends to let them know what happen and they trying to cheer me up saying theres always another time... but i dont think so i believe this fish was once in a life time and i got lucky just to fight him for 2hrs i gave it my best! my all.. i believe it was a sturgeon 4+ft i did get to see a him or i was tripping out by the image, anyways thanks for reading, there was nothing i could of done... peace

mjc89
01-06-2013, 12:29 AM
Dang. Sorry to hear you lost the fish. I had the same thing happen to me at SARL except my fight wasnt so long. I was fishing for trout during a night session when my pole got slammmed. I grabbed it and set the hook and this beast just took off. He never stopped and kept on going so i decided to stop the reel by just holding the spool before he spooled me. The line finally snapped and it was just my leader that snapped. Im pretty sure it was a sturgeon because even a catfish wouldnt have pulled like that.

gamekiller
01-06-2013, 05:52 AM
i believe this fish was once in a life time

Sincere condolences on the lost fish but cmon fish of a lifetime? I mean, you plan on giving up the sport? R u moving away?? It was a stocked fish lol that will probably be stocked again next season...a fish of a lifetime is an alignment of stars, a rewarded for efforts and dues paid, something that may possibly never happen again, to actually catch the purple elephant, not a bycatch at a local mudhole.!..not hating, just sayin...keep at it, as youll always have a chance to catch one there. Have confidence in yourself...You'll never make the shots you dont take.

Good luck and keep casting

gamekiller
01-06-2013, 06:02 AM
Hmmmmm sturgeon on a mini jig? That would have had to been deeeeeep... Could have been a foul hooked fish...so surely not the fish of a lifetime, but definitely the one that got away...must have been a thrill

Nice setup btw

Marley
01-06-2013, 08:27 AM
Nice job on a 2-hour fight with all those stickups! All you can do when one of those things bites trout tackle is hang on and hope. Yeah, they're planted fish but they're still oh-so-strong. Best thing is it's still there...go find it again!

iloveGarick
01-06-2013, 10:08 AM
Well, I know they're stocked fish at Corona, but the lake has been there for a while, right? It's not like how they drain and move back and forth between Anaheim and SARL, right? As I understand it, there's bass there as well as a few sturgeon so hey, if he was fighting for a whole 2hrs; it could have been. Sounds like a monster and what a great time!

JAG107
01-06-2013, 12:24 PM
You could fish that lake weekly for 25 years with trout gear and not hook up to what this guy did. I bet that 2 hour fight was worth the entrance fee, Hell I'd rather be fighting a monster all day than reel up 1 lb truck trout one after another, just sayin.

Fishbones
01-06-2013, 12:56 PM
those are the stories that keep you fishing, its still out there....with your jig in its mouth....go get em..

Surfnsnowboard3
01-06-2013, 05:39 PM
Sincere condolences on the lost fish but cmon fish of a lifetime? I mean, you plan on giving up the sport? R u moving away?? It was a stocked fish lol that will probably be stocked again next season...a fish of a lifetime is an alignment of stars, a rewarded for efforts and dues paid, something that may possibly never happen again, to actually catch the purple elephant, not a bycatch at a local mudhole.!..not hating, just sayin...keep at it, as youll always have a chance to catch one there. Have confidence in yourself...You'll never make the shots you dont take.

Good luck and keep casting

There you go, at it again. Talking crap. I'm so sick of it.

Ps-You can't talk crap and then go, "I'm not hating." YES YOU ARE!

gamekiller
01-06-2013, 10:25 PM
There you go, at it again. Talking crap. I'm so sick of it.

Ps-You can't talk crap and then go, "I'm not hating." YES YOU ARE!

Bwahahahah what a puppet... i was trying to console and expand the mans horizions by explaining they're just stockers, they're meant to be caught and they're not going anywhere. If that went over your head, than pull it out of your ***. Its not always about you and how you feel bro brotha brosef.. I started off empathetic and ended with positive reinforcement...at least i addressed the op and tried to give him hope and confidence. You on the other hand, didnt even leave a comment regarding the op. You let your narcissism get the best of you, attacked me, and try to tell me what i can and can't do..lol...U the mods? A wannabe admin? Werent you banned? Who let you in here?

And ps, who still uses ps?? ....lame

*sorry for the thread jack Dota, but keep at it, hes still there...tight lines

OC ANGLER
01-07-2013, 12:38 AM
2hr fight ... man that would have had me pumped all day ! keep at it and maybe the fishing gods will shine down upon you :Wink:

WAHBAM
01-09-2013, 05:13 PM
2hr fight ... man that would have had me pumped all day ! keep at it and maybe the fishing gods will shine down upon you :Wink:
X2

I second that! You gotta go back & look for him to get your jig back haha