PDA

View Full Version : 1-5-13 AV report

slacker189
01-05-2013, 09:44 PM
Nothing exciting to report...I fished this morning - hit 5 different spots - not one bite. fishing flukes and kpns. It's cold out there. water that accumulates on the eyelets of the fishing pole freezes after a couple minutes.

Anyone having any luck in the AV?

ZipperWurm
01-06-2013, 06:41 AM
Newp. Went out this afternoon with the fluke til sundown for nada. Weather wasnt bad until that sun went down, then it dropped like 50 degrees lol.

Bassnman Mike
01-06-2013, 02:14 PM
Me and a couple buddies went out on Friday, we hit everything from east to west. 1 bite, 1 fish about 2 1/2 pounds, but I was not the one that caught it.

troutsniffer
01-07-2013, 09:14 AM
Seems like it's very tough to find fish in that concrete river! How far do you guys have to travel to get to the dust?

Bassnman Mike
01-08-2013, 07:44 AM
Seems like it's very tough to find fish in that concrete river! How far do you guys have to travel to get to the dust?

I live about 90 miles north of Palmdale, then we always go either east or west, some times both so for me its about 220-250 miles round trip.

seal
01-08-2013, 08:31 AM
Me and a couple buddies went out on Friday, we hit everything from east to west. 1 bite, 1 fish about 2 1/2 pounds, but I was not the one that caught it.

Sounds like the stripers are froze up in the Duct also. Damn and I was about to change strategies and play with them locally.

It's going to be damn cold over the weekend Mike, at least a 3 dog night in your part of the woods!

slacker189
01-08-2013, 10:42 AM
I live about 90 miles north of Palmdale, then we always go either east or west, some times both so for me its about 220-250 miles round trip.

That is a lot of driving to come out and fish a difficult section of the duct. you must spend a good chunk of change on gas. It does pay off once you find them.

bassnman mike, do you fish around lonepine and bigpine when not at the duct?

Bassnman Mike
01-08-2013, 06:46 PM
That is a lot of driving to come out and fish a difficult section of the duct. you must spend a good chunk of change on gas. It does pay off once you find them.

bassnman mike, do you fish around lonepine and bigpine when not at the duct?

Yeah the gas does add up, especially with my truck but oh well, you cant take it with you. What keeps me going back is the first duct striper I hooked was a TANK!. It ran up stream peeling drag, then turned and peeled drsg down stream, I fought him for what felt like 2 hours but was truthfully maybe 7 minutes, then it just came unbuttoned. My biggest one to date was a little over 8 pounds but I'm determined to get my duct DD, one day.....

Slacker, yes I spend alot of time up in the Lower Owens Valley bass fishing as well as at Lake Isabella.