PDA

View Full Version : friday report

DynoDan
01-05-2013, 05:29 PM
Hit the lake @ 615 trolled with no luck and realize no net..... Oops. Saw hometown & friends who let me use on. Huge shout out to them. Hit WS for one farm and one landed on nc floated and dipped in bog. Slow for a min then we tolled till I could meter some fish. Finally in the cliff flats area we start to meter in 9ft of water anchor down and fish on ! Tagged 5 in 2 hrs and 1 Gillzilla. Fun day but not the best. Anyone else finding it harder to catch fish this year? Well got my friend Dave on some fish so good day ! Thanks again HT and Dan!

Hometown
01-06-2013, 11:40 AM
Dan thanks for the report glad you were able to put the net to good use and put your buddy on some fish.Thanks for the tip we also got a few fish in that area on Saturday.And yes it seems trout fishing is a little slower so far this year put better quility than last year.And I would rather catch a few big fish than a bunch of dinks.

See Chris Fish
01-06-2013, 09:21 PM
Yeah, I'd agree with Hometown. Harder to catch, but way better quality.
IMHO, there's a lot of water for those fish to go to. It's been many years since it's been really low, and has stabilized somewhat. I've fished the lake for over 20 years. I remember when it was so low, there were no boats allowed.

I think the lake ecology has changed for the better.
I see many schools of bait fish. That's always a good sign of a lake's health.

It was tough fishing out there this weekend, though. I heard of many known fish slayers that didn't do well, at all. Some even skunked. Fishing, not catching.

See ya soon, Dan.

BRING IT
01-06-2013, 10:53 PM
Friday on the tube I did pretty well, the water was 56deg and alot of boat traffic. Sat the water dropped to 53deg with a storm front coming in, witch put the fish on the bottom. I meterd fish from 25ft on the bottom to 43ft all at the bottom of the lake. that made fishing very tough, it was hit and miss but they still bit here and there. THATS FISHING
Have Fun/Fish Hard
BRING IT:Guns:

OC ANGLER
01-07-2013, 12:46 AM
Way to get your buddy on the fish Dan !

are you guys liking the lake better now or when it was full ? this is actually the lowest ive ever seen the lake since ive started fishing it . its definitely made me rethink how to fish the lake . then again iam also learning how to fish from a tube for the first time .

Rooster
01-07-2013, 10:35 AM
Keep at it Dan, For me this season has been the best in years. The One thing i am doing different this season is changing lures alot more then in prior seasons.
Trolling has been on fire once you find the depth and color there after that day.

5150fishn
01-07-2013, 10:41 AM
Thanks for the report Dan. Glad you got your bro on some fish.

flyhigh123
01-07-2013, 11:06 AM
great report, how fast are you trolling for the trout?

DynoDan
01-07-2013, 07:01 PM
great report, how fast are you trolling for the trout?

Not sure the slowest my boat will go. Lol

DynoDan
01-07-2013, 07:08 PM
Way to get your buddy on the fish Dan !

are you guys liking the lake better now or when it was full ? this is actually the lowest ive ever seen the lake since ive started fishing it . its definitely made me rethink how to fish the lake . then again iam also learning how to fish from a tube for the first time .

Last year by this time we were on fire double limits every time. Fish were around 30ft but with all the changes in the lake its been hard for me to find them in big groups. Late Friday I spotted an area metering lots of fish. And we got a few back to back there. So I'll be back this Saturday to see if it pays off again. Fish hard baby!

Marley
01-07-2013, 08:00 PM
...are you guys liking the lake better now or when it was full ? this is actually the lowest ive ever seen the lake since ive started fishing it...

Way better when it's drawn down. There are some wicked spots that were just coming into their own when the lake started to rise, now they'll be too deep again to hold fish. It could have dropped another five feet and been off the charts.