PDA

View Full Version : Jess Ranch 1-4-13

CTFISHER
01-05-2013, 03:55 PM
Got there around 6:30, we were 7th in line. Set up right under the trees where u walk in. My cuz ended with 2 n my nephew caught 1. Not too many people caught, only about 7 people including my cuz n nephew. I jigged all day for a skunk. The only hook up spit my hook close to shore. Lost the bet gotta wear the net boy shirt next outing. They were nibbling on my bait n wait pole just wouldn't take it tho.

Cartman
01-05-2013, 06:16 PM
That's a terrible story! To drive so far, pay so much money, freeze your fingers off early in the morning and end up at the skunk pond. It's happened to me there, too. What's up with that?

the dude
01-05-2013, 07:30 PM
Next time you catch a fish in the angling pond when you clean it check it stomach. It should be self explanitary!!

Cartman
01-05-2013, 08:48 PM
Next time you catch a fish in the angling pond when you clean it check it stomach. It should be self explanitary!!

OK, I'll bite. What do you find in their stomachs? I think those fish are pretty hungry. I once caught a fish out of that pond on a bare treble hook.

gamekiller
01-06-2013, 02:20 AM
Jess ranch sucks and so does the old dude on the cart...grumpy old man....maybe hed be cooler if he was golfing

fishead
01-06-2013, 06:13 AM
YeaH old dude should chill out on the grumpyness.

CTFISHER
01-06-2013, 08:46 AM
The old man and kid going around were cool that day but then again there wasn't too much going on. Even after they stocked it was dead. The lake was pretty full n we saw a lot of people leave skunked. It's always a good day when fishing n not at work tho.

the dude
01-06-2013, 09:04 AM
When I cleaned my tailwalkers I caught at another pay lake that gets stocked by jess ranch they had pellets in their stomachs I guess to grow fish of the quality that they have they have to feed them alot. Heck if I know why they do it I'm just guessing! but they do have some nice trout. Maybe I gave the wrong pond name it's the lakes 1 and 2 that I mean. They used to be a great little weekend getaway where it was worth the drive to fish it. It hasn't been for me in a couple of years but they raise some awesome fish if you can catch em

Jess Ranch Lakes/Hatchery
01-19-2013, 12:00 PM
Our apologies for your bad fishing day. We have been trying to listen to the suggestions of all of our anglers on what they would prefer for stocking, but after trial/error these past few weeks, we are going back to our Friday Stockings @ 1pm to benefit both Friday Anglers and Weekend Anglers, so the entire weekend maintains a quality bite. Just an Fyi for everyone, we have changed our feed schedules for our stockers. We noticed the same thing mentioned about the fish still having pellets in their stomachs when being cleaned, even after being off of feed for a day. Hope that helps the bite everywhere and everyone understands.