PDA

View Full Version : Any updates on puddingstone?

TKCastle
01-05-2013, 01:19 PM
Anyone been out to the pudd? Anyone? Bueller?

VIVID_FLY
01-05-2013, 01:26 PM
Fished the Pudd today "TENKARA" all the way from swim beach cove to the Middle pier. NO BITES NO FISH ... saw some guys throwing plastics but no bites. Great conditions but no fish.

promixxer
01-05-2013, 02:07 PM
Anyone been out to the pudd? Anyone? Bueller?

Took my kid fishing there about 2 weeks ago and the park ranger said the fish were dying and didn't know why. Saw them pulling trash bags full of dead fish out of the water. We found a bunch of dead shad on the shoreline. haven't been back since.

Breaking Bass
01-05-2013, 04:35 PM
Just got back from shore fishing sail boat cove and no love whatsoever :Sad:

Cartman
01-05-2013, 06:10 PM
The lake was supposedly stocked the week of 12/23 and is scheduled to be stocked this coming week...unless anyone knows anything different.

allIdoIsfish
01-06-2013, 09:09 AM
Ive been cruising the lake alot this week to meter fish on the Lowrance. Its sad to say but, there isnt much life there anymore. The pudd took a very very hard hit this winter with the weed die off and the chemical dump in the same week, it will be a few years until fishing is good again. IMHO

Breaking Bass
01-06-2013, 10:09 AM
Ive been cruising the lake alot this week to meter fish on the Lowrance. Its sad to say but, there isnt much life there anymore. The pudd took a very very hard hit this winter with the weed die off and the chemical dump in the same week, it will be a few years until fishing is good again. IMHO

Chemical dump? WTF?!!

dday07
01-06-2013, 11:36 AM
Didn't stock it that week even though listed...if there was a fish kill...doesn't seem to be effecting the carp...still jumping everywhere

The lake was supposedly stocked the week of 12/23 and is scheduled to be stocked this coming week...unless anyone knows anything different.

Cartman
01-06-2013, 02:11 PM

Considering the lake it may be hard to tell if there are any fish in there or not. :Head Bang:

aggs234
01-06-2013, 02:28 PM
dont waste your time... itll be a yr or two , with good rains.... maybe the pudd will get back to being healthy again...

more friends keep confirming..

dead fish everywhere .... some floating trout bigger than some bass..

sad sad...

TKCastle
01-06-2013, 04:29 PM
Thanks everyone for the updates. I was there on the 23rd, the rangers were driving around trying to find dead fish. The plant never happened.

Cartman
01-06-2013, 06:37 PM
dont waste your time... itll be a yr or two , with good rains.... maybe the pudd will get back to being healthy again...

more friends keep confirming..

dead fish everywhere .... some floating trout bigger than some bass..

sad sad...

I don't want to believe that. I saw a lake turn once and all the fish go belly up, but it was a farm pond...very small. I don't see how a lake the size of the Pudd could turn like that. As far as a chemical spill, any chemical strong enough to wipe out a lake that size would be a human hazard as well. I think we would have heard about something like that. The Pudd is a really big and diverse lake. I must say, though, the lake has been stressed the last few years. They drained it to work on the boat launch, and this last year the water levels got really low, so who knows what could have happened. There must be a reason if they are holding off on the stocking. Could the lake be poisoned from too much gasoline from motor boats?

fishermanx14
01-06-2013, 06:57 PM
dang....its hard to see your locl lake tunr to sh*t in a heartbeat......

old pudd fisher
01-06-2013, 07:03 PM
Well I still have high hopes for the good old pudd, who knows that die off could be a good thing. I think this spring and summer it will be just fine again hopefully.

allIdoIsfish
01-06-2013, 09:37 PM
Considering the lake it may be hard to tell if there are any fish in there or not. :Head Bang:

Ive been metering the lake for 1-1 1/2 hours once/twice a week at all the normal winter spots and they just arent there. On Saturday i spent almost 2 hours metering every inch of the lake and i found ONE small pod of shad, and just a small hand full of what i think were bass.

old pudd fisher
01-06-2013, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the update, thats not good news.:Shocked:

carpanglerdude
01-06-2013, 11:28 PM
What's this about a chemical dump?

allIdoIsfish
01-06-2013, 11:36 PM
What's this about a chemical dump?

Lifeguards said they found a large oil type drum dumped in rv cove a few weeks back

Cartman
01-07-2013, 07:33 AM
Ive been metering the lake for 1-1 1/2 hours once/twice a week at all the normal winter spots and they just arent there. On Saturday i spent almost 2 hours metering every inch of the lake and i found ONE small pod of shad, and just a small hand full of what i think were bass.

I was telling my wife about this story last night. I told her that allIdoIsfish is on that lake once or twice a week, and consistently comes up with quality fish. If he says the lake is in trouble that is really bad news. I'm going over there today to take a look not knowing what I'm looking for or what I'm likely to see. Maybe I'll drown some worms while I'm at it if I don't get blown away. Hoping OPF is right.

Cartman
01-07-2013, 07:35 AM
Lifeguards said they found a large oil type drum dumped in rv cove a few weeks back

A large oil type drum that contained whatever nobody bothered to find out. Makes me wonder what the hell.

allIdoIsfish
01-07-2013, 09:08 AM
I was telling my wife about this story last night. I told her that allIdoIsfish is on that lake once or twice a week, and consistently comes up with quality fish. If he says the lake is in trouble that is really bad news. I'm going over there today to take a look not knowing what I'm looking for or what I'm likely to see. Maybe I'll drown some worms while I'm at it if I don't get blown away. Hoping OPF is right.

Good luck out there, You probably wont see much. All the fish were cleaned up a couple weeks ago.

Socalbassmaster
01-07-2013, 10:03 AM
LMAO!!!!! wow people :Idiot:

allIdoIsfish
01-07-2013, 10:28 AM
LMAO!!!!! wow people :Idiot:

Please share....

troutsniffer
01-07-2013, 04:35 PM
I was there a couple of weeks ago and saw a bunch of dead fish. Bass, crappies and so many shad everywhere!

old pudd fisher
01-07-2013, 06:44 PM

Did ya go there today Jon, if so tell us about it. Ted

Cartman
01-07-2013, 08:53 PM
I was there a couple of weeks ago and saw a bunch of dead fish. Bass, crappies and so many shad everywhere!

What part of the lake were you fishing when you saw the dead fish?

Cartman
01-08-2013, 08:13 AM
Did ya go there today Jon, if so tell us about it. Ted

Hi Ted. I went there and played detective, but got mixed reports. The office says they had one day of shad die off, and they are waiting to hear what caused it. It may have been localized. I opened a new thread with a longer report.

XMrxSEAUx
01-08-2013, 08:54 AM
Hi Ted. I went there and played detective, but got mixed reports. The office says they had one day of shad die off, and they are waiting to hear what caused it. It may have been localized. I opened a new thread with a longer report.

Shad die off happen's every year at least at Lake Elsinore. My aunt had to scoop up a whole shoreline worth of dead shad 2 weeks ago or else if she doesnt the City will Fine you for pollution of the air. Im not sure in the Pudding Stone case though but the water could lake substantial oxygenation.