PDA

View Full Version : 420 party at isabella

billystein
01-05-2013, 08:44 AM
hi anglers,

this my first post.
i have just found the notice for the derby at isabella. 4-20 thru 4-22. last year was early march and it was cold, windy,rainy and after the first miserable day of fishing the snow level dropped to about 4 feet above the lake. i stayed at the hotel at paradise cove with my wife. i only got a couple of fish for the 3 day event. nothing of note.
this year i was thinking about sleeping in the van with daisy mae. i made a trip there after the derby and found a couple of spots. i also found where last years winner caught 1st and 2nd place fish. so i feel ready for this year.

hope to meet some of you there.

billy

cutbait
01-05-2013, 10:55 AM
hi anglers,

this my first post.
i have just found the notice for the derby at isabella. 4-20 thru 4-22. last year was early march and it was cold, windy,rainy and after the first miserable day of fishing the snow level dropped to about 4 feet above the lake. i stayed at the hotel at paradise cove with my wife. i only got a couple of fish for the 3 day event. nothing of note.
this year i was thinking about sleeping in the van with daisy mae. i made a trip there after the derby and found a couple of spots. i also found where last years winner caught 1st and 2nd place fish. so i feel ready for this year.

hope to meet some of you there.

billy

Sooooo? will there be weed there or not?

Cadillyak
01-05-2013, 11:15 AM
Sooooo? will there be weed there or not?

^^^^LMAO!! It is a catchy title.

billystein
01-06-2013, 08:10 AM
"Sooooo? will there be weed there or not?"

i can neither confirm or deny the existence of this activity beyond the confinement of my own boat.
but i heard there was 7000 participants last year so i can confirm a fishing fiesta of epic level.