PDA

View Full Version : LNL 1/4 from the shore

the dude
01-05-2013, 05:23 AM
Arrived at the lake at 5 sixth car in line, I went right to the flats as i'm walking down to the bank I realize to late that everthing is frozen and slide down the incline and land on my ***. I setup and my lines are in the water by 6:15 and 60 seconds later I land my first fish a nice 3 pounder after that I got a couple of strikes but no takers. it slowed down when the sun came over the hill. it was long periods with no action during most of the late morning, the guy's next to me caught a 7 pounder they were really happy and I dont blame them it was a beautiful fish. but then around 12 everybody left, the bank was empty to bad because the afternoon bite went off around 230. my friends had a double hook up and then I got slamed my rod was pegged down after about 2 or 3 minutes I land a 4-5 pound lassen holdover. I left at five my total for the day is three fish two three pounders and one 4-5 pounder. all the fish I saw at the cleaning table were the same size 2-3 pounds... What worked was powerbait for me I didnt catch anything on my artificials I started with a long leader in the morning 16-18 inchs, in the afternoon a 10 inch leader was working. also my friends who came later in the afternoon were mixing bite on shad and mixing it with their powerbait that seemed to work because they started catching fish when I wasn't getting nada. When the fish start to bite it will last only a few minutes and then its slow just grind it out and you should catch some fish dont give up and go home!

jaggerbub
01-05-2013, 06:22 AM
Good to hear you had a good bite from shore after hearing nothing but bad reports from lnl this season. Hopefully the reports will start improving and the stocking schedule will be consistent again.

allanon
01-05-2013, 08:30 AM
Glad to hear the shore was more active! Yeah I have noticed shorter leaders tend to work better at LNL.

-mike
01-05-2013, 08:39 AM
Awesome! Those are nice size tailwalkers. Thanks for posting up

georatm2011
01-05-2013, 09:03 AM
We came on January 3rd and were lied to about the stocking time, they were supposed to stock Wednesday and they didn't stock until Thursday at 1:30PM on the other side of the lake. They totally scammed everyone who came on Wednesday and Thursday. RIP OFF!

etucker1959
01-05-2013, 09:43 AM
We came on January 3rd and were lied to about the stocking time, they were supposed to stock Wednesday and they didn't stock until Thursday at 1:30PM on the other side of the lake. They totally scammed everyone who came on Wednesday and Thursday. RIP OFF!

I think their is a life lesson here. Don't believe in what people are saying their going to do, but believe in what people have already done.

dotbomb
01-05-2013, 02:12 PM
I think their is a life lesson here. Don't believe in what people are saying their going to do, but believe in what people have already done.

Agreed. It sucks georatm but this is now the second time this season that LNL has not stocked when they publicly said they were going to.

georatm2011
01-05-2013, 05:36 PM
Yeah and the customers need to demand they change their ways or just plain sue them for blatant false advertising, I already gave them the shittiest yelp rating in the world. I have been trying to talk to the managers about a rain check but Darren and Rick (the managers) have been "sick" all weekend, how convenient.

Surfnsnowboard3
01-05-2013, 05:45 PM
Yeah and the customers need to demand they change their ways or just plain sue them for blatant false advertising, I already gave them the shittiest yelp rating in the world. I have been trying to talk to the managers about a rain check but Darren and Rick (the managers) have been "sick" all weekend, how convenient.

That philosophy is EXACTLY why the court system is so bogged down. When something happens, SUE.

You've commented on three different threads about how bad this is. You haven't learned in life that sometimes, BAD THINGS HAPPEN. Learn from it and move on.

You said on one thread something about there not being any fish in the lake because they didn't stock. That's ridiculous. You got to enjoy a beautiful lake at a beautiful park on a beautiful day. I guarantee there were fish in there.

the dude
01-05-2013, 07:12 PM
I have to agree with you I got skunked a couple of times this year I wasn,t happy about it but I didn't let it ruin my time there it is a nice lake to just chill. sometimes you catch'em sometimes you dont. As far as the stocking fiasco is concerned all the pay lakes at one time or another throughout the years have had stocking issues. the lake seems to be making a comeback I intend to fish there several times a week now. Let bygones be bygones and get over it and go catch some fish!
That philosophy is EXACTLY why the court system is so bogged down. When something happens, SUE.

You've commented on three different threads about how bad this is. You haven't learned in life that sometimes, BAD THINGS HAPPEN. Learn from it and move on.

You said on one thread something about there not being any fish in the lake because they didn't stock. That's ridiculous. You got to enjoy a beautiful lake at a beautiful park on a beautiful day. I guarantee there were fish in there.

DynoDan
01-05-2013, 08:13 PM
I have to agree with you I got skunked a couple of times this year I wasn,t happy about it but I didn't let it ruin my time there it is a nice lake to just chill. sometimes you catch'em sometimes you dont. As far as the stocking fiasco is concerned all the pay lakes at one time or another throughout the years have had stocking issues. the lake seems to be making a comeback I intend to fish there several times a week now. Let bygones be bygones and get over it and go catch some fish!

I agree with you bro! Let it be or fish elsewhere. I used to fish there a bunch but because of the inconsistencies I choose to go else where.

On the others hand nice report bro! Lots of good info! Thanks for posting.