PDA

View Full Version : Piru snakes?

quix
01-04-2013, 09:07 PM
I've never been to Piru let alone fished there. Been hearing good things about the bass in the lake. Also hear there are a ton of snakes living around the shore lines. Buddy of mine is terrified of them... any of the rumors true? We do most of our fishing from shore so, I would hate for him to have a bad experience.

CL SmooV
01-04-2013, 09:24 PM
Until it heats up he will be fine. The rumor is true. The fam and I would camp and fish there back in the day. Racers, Garters and Rattlers around the shoreline.

cutbait
01-05-2013, 07:14 AM
Too cold for snakes till say Aprilish... Fish your heart out snake free...

Being afraid of snakes and being a shore fisherman don't match well. Not just Piru, but Castaic, Pyramid, Aqueduct, San Antonio, etc etc...

DEVOREFLYER
01-05-2013, 07:56 AM
Ya just got to carry a little Whisky with ya as WC Fields said and you will be fine. "In this pocket I have a little Whisky for snake bite and in the other pocket I have a snake".:Big Grin:

quix
01-05-2013, 06:25 PM
Thanks, fellas... and my apologies to the mods for posting in the wrong forum :Crying:

bman90278
01-06-2013, 10:05 AM
I grew up shore fishing at Piru and I saw many Rattlesnakes up there over the years. Like the others said, u r fairly safe til spring, but I would always where boots and pay attention to where u are walking.

-b