PDA

View Full Version : What's the best proposition for fish this Sat???

Greg Madrigal
09-05-2007, 09:05 AM
I am heading out sat on my 18' Striper. Wondering what I should do. Getting a bit tired of the Breakwall in L.B., but haven't had to good of luck at the Flats or at the Horshoe Kelp. Should I be making the trek to Dana?

Basically, I would like to know what's biting and where, and on what. :D

Thanks gentlemen.

GM

sansou
09-05-2007, 09:16 AM
Go the extra few miles and bring her down to SD!!!

Launch out of Shelter, take on a scoop, do the turn and then straight to the La Jolla kelps for YT, Barracuda (as much as you want of these) and Calicos.

....or launch out of IB, and weather permitting, make a run for the islands!

Beeracuda211
09-05-2007, 03:53 PM
Uhhhh Sansou, I'm tired of Barracudas... where can I find some Beeeracudas... Thanks in advance... :rofl:

B/C

one_leg
09-05-2007, 03:58 PM
If you take ten extra 5 gal. gas cans you should be able to make it to the butterfly.....j/k

One_Leg

Baseballer44
09-05-2007, 04:07 PM
i have the same thoughts as you. this weekend we are going down to dana and heading for the domes. looking to get my first bonito ever, and hopefully some good cuda action.

Ambassadorhawg
09-05-2007, 06:10 PM
Go up the line to Point Vicente and anchor up right on the point near the kelp, just out from it. I have been there a few times this Summer and it has produced steady action on the Calicos and a few smaller Biscuits and the odd Firecracker. Bring Anchovies & Sardines. Pray for an uphill current and slightly off color water.