PDA

View Full Version : I GOT MY NEW FLOAT TUBE YEPEEE

Big_Mike
09-05-2007, 07:52 AM
I got the nav II and i put a fish finder on it one rod holder on one side and 3 on the other and 2 baskets on the stable bar small one so i can put my bait im switching around in there. thanks for all you help finding it and im going to castaic friday saterday and sunday any one want to join me let me know.

Ronira
09-05-2007, 08:02 AM
Way to go Mike, now your rockin, looking forward to the first tube report. Peace Ron

tacklejunkie
09-05-2007, 09:22 AM
Congrats on the new tube man! Have fun out there 8)

BakoBassin
09-05-2007, 09:29 AM
Man, you aren't messin' around. Pimped the tube right out the gate.

matt duarte
09-05-2007, 09:44 AM
so when are you going to buy a pontoon now that you just bought your tube :lol: :lol: :lol: whatever you do dont stare at toons to long otherwise you will find your self handing over the credit card not even knowing and next thing you know theirs a toon in your livingroom :lol: :lol: :cart:

Z-TUNAKILLER
09-05-2007, 11:21 AM
Hey Big_Mike, NICE...maybe see you up at the lake... I PMed Bones.

Z

FISH ON !

Socal Bassman
09-05-2007, 12:17 PM
Congrats on the new tube. That particular model was a popular one for modifications or add-ons.

Yeah, I agree with matt. The last thing you want to do is stare at toons or even read about toons. I'm right on the verge of breaking out the plastic and buying a toon, but I'm resisting that urge and not giving in to the dark side LOL.

Big_Mike
09-05-2007, 09:09 PM
I will probably get a toon one day But First i need a job so i can get a nice one i want one that i can stand on and put my motor on. And yeah as soon as i pulled it out of the box i tried pimped it before i blew it up that did not work the way i wanted it to so i blew it up and got to work oh man in less then 35 hours i will be putting it in the water. Im going to kill this skunk.

Can you float tube at night at the lower lake at castaic or is it just tell open to close. :skunk: :dedhorse: (Why a horse it should be a skunk.)

09-06-2007, 11:36 PM
I have a question for all the tube guys.. you guys dont get embarrassed using a tube??

Socal Bassman
09-07-2007, 05:12 AM
I have a question for all the tube guys.. you guys dont get embarrassed using a tube??

http://bluehuntercatfishing.com/images/tmp2/Yoda-fisherman-parodies-picture.jpg

JSAUCE818
09-07-2007, 05:46 AM
If that was a case, we wouldn't waiste our earned money on a tube and accessories for it...

Ronira
09-07-2007, 06:19 AM
Why on earth would you be embarrassed to go tube fishing.

tacklejunkie
09-07-2007, 07:24 AM
It is a bit emberrasing at first, and then once you jump in and start catching fish people are wishing they had a tube too. GO FOR IT! :wink:
I had a lady drive by in a boat and say I looked like an idiot one day. She didn't think I could hear her over their loud *** outboard motor. I ignored her and cought another fish.. and thought to myself "she's the idiot!" :lol:

Not many people have seen us toobers, so when they do it's new and odd to them.

Big_Mike
09-07-2007, 07:34 AM
Wow tacklejunkie i would have gone off on that stuck up snoby Bi#$ :twisted: yeah i have a temper over that kind of stuff and i think its more embarrassing when im trying to fish and im not getting any bits and a float tube is just floating buy and catches like 5 fish in 30 min and i have not cought one all day. and it gets you where even most boats can't and you can get a good one for under 150.00 well im putting mine in the water today.

sonarbp
09-07-2007, 07:59 AM

Wow tacklejunkie i would have gone off on that stuck up snoby Bi#$ :twisted: yeah i have a temper over that kind of stuff and i think its more embarrassing when im trying to fish and im not getting any bits and a float tube is just floating buy and catches like 5 fish in 30 min and i have not cought one all day. and it gets you where even most boats can't and you can get a good one for under 150.00 well im putting mine in the water today.

Guys just think about it!!!! I tube Newport alot and see tons of stuck up snobs in their 1/2 million dollar boats thinking cause they got the $$$$ they can fish.......I just laugh at them when they point and make stupid comments about me in a cheap tube fishing......it is always funny to me to see their faces when they ask if I caught anything and I tell 10 or 15 fish and I have only been fishing for an hour or so!!!!! They think I am lying until I hook another one right in front of them ......water they have fished for the past few hours!!!! Its just a great feeling. Who cares what others think about you in your tube/toon.....

I just tell people that make fun.....I MAY LOOK STUPID FISHING FROM A TUBE, BUT LOOK AT ALL THE FISH I CATCH!!!!!

sonarbp

Headhunter
09-07-2007, 12:35 PM
It IS a little odd the first time you get "suited up" for tubing. I have to admit to feeling a little self-concious the first time got into my Waders and Fins and hauled everything to the water. But that disappears pretty fast and you don't even think about it after a while.

bones
09-16-2007, 07:52 PM
Anybody that thinks tubing is embarrasing....Hasn't tubed. It's much more stealthy and economical than a boat and it cost ALOT less. It will get you into spots a boat can't go especially when fishing a spot like newport harbor between piers and docks/boats for example. Tubing is a serious step up from a shoreline fishermans point of view and opens you up to a ton of more area of water you can cover.It's very relaxing and a good work out for your legs as well.
I even won $250 in Fat Alberts tubing tourny last year....that was KEWL 8)
My kids enjoyed the extra goodies for XMAS!

I also know guys who have both boats and Tubes....they choose to launch their tubes all of the time.....It's much less hassle and it cost alot less.....more or less it's maintainence free.