PDA

View Full Version : should the pontubers hit the salt???

matt duarte
09-05-2007, 07:49 AM
so when should the pontubers make a date to hit the salt???? since our legs wont be dangling in the water i wont be scared of a shark taking my feet :lol:

i was thinking of staying close to land :lol: in a harbor of some sort either nph or......what other are their???

Ronira
09-05-2007, 08:04 AM
Matt, if you want to do the salt make sure you get a saltwater motor. I wish I had.

matt duarte
09-05-2007, 08:11 AM
aww i didnt think about that... a salt water motor will do fine in the fresh as well? hmmmm. if anything ill just row

Ronira
09-05-2007, 08:16 AM
That's the reason I haven't gone yet. Santa Fe Eric clued me in on that one.

sonarbp
09-06-2007, 08:20 AM
Matt, if you want to do the salt make sure you get a saltwater motor. I wish I had.

It is not so much you need to buy a special motor to fish the salt!!!! The motor you have will work just fine.....the only thing you will need to do to it is give it a real good cleaning after you use it in the salt!!! if you don't it will be toast!!!

sonarbp

Ronira
09-06-2007, 08:28 AM
Thanks sonarbp, I thought it would jack it up.

matt duarte
09-06-2007, 08:32 AM
good to know! ill proly row the salt though i cant wait to hook up with a nice hali or something that makes my line peel off! but ig i see a shark on the line...snip! lol

Z-TUNAKILLER
09-06-2007, 09:15 AM
HEY NOW, OK enough with the saltwater fishing talk......

WHEN WE ALL GOING ?? :titanic:

hey Ron, did you like my magic trick?

Z

FISH ON !

FishSum
09-06-2007, 09:57 AM
All this talk about the salt makes me want to go but all this talk about the salt makes me scared for my feet.........you think if i dowse my feet and fins with garlic it'll keep them fishies away? :shock:

I want to go too but you all got me worried about my feet....I only have two of them,I dont want to go fishing with all of you and come back to change my screen name to One_Foot :rofl:

Ronira
09-06-2007, 10:08 AM
Okay Z I'll bite, what magic trick.

matt duarte
09-06-2007, 10:11 AM
:rofl: all the slaters ive talked to said theres nothing to worrie about...they seem to go out and have fun with out the loss of limbs :lol: but that thought still sits in the back of my mind lol.

when i go im not going to go far out away from shore, if i see someone in a tube way out thier i might concider going farther out....i just think it would be sweet cause their is so many different types fish to catch!

Z-TUNAKILLER
09-06-2007, 10:29 AM
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum1/viewto ... 1&start=15 (http://fishingnetwork.net/forum1/viewtopic.php?t=7491&start=15)

Z

FISH ON !

Ronira
09-06-2007, 12:58 PM
SWEEEET Z, now I have a new thing to do to my toon. :thumb: :notworthy: :beer:

Skyler
09-06-2007, 02:05 PM
I'm so there. I ain't skeered of no shark, lol! Where do you think, NPH?

matt duarte
09-06-2007, 03:03 PM
ya thats what i was thinking skyler or SD but NPH is closer

Z-TUNAKILLER
09-06-2007, 09:40 PM
WTF.......... lets get a crew going for the salt ?

GETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR-DONE

Z

FISH ON !

sonarbp
09-11-2007, 06:12 AM
I am all for a trip to the salt!!!!! That is what I mainly fish now. Just a word of advice to all you guys......plan your trip according to the tides!!!! Fishing the salt is alot different than fishing a lake!!!! You got killer currents in the bays so try and split the tide to make the day more enjoyable!!

sonarbp

Ronira
09-11-2007, 07:13 AM
I'm sure we can screw that up. lol

matt duarte
09-11-2007, 07:16 AM
I'm down for a salt mission! don't know much about the tides though..... wouldn't want to end up 5 miles out from not paying attention.....

I'm going to the beach this weekend and coming back earily earily sunday morning for the perris bonanza! I might test out the toon in the break water see what she can do.... unless I chicken out :lol:
I think we will be campin near san mateo canyon... some beach that starts with a ''M'' towards ocean side...