PDA

View Full Version : Crowley Lake Opening Day

chevy53guy
01-03-2013, 06:36 PM
Hi everyone how's the fishing on Crowley Lake on opening day? Also how busy does it get?

shutupandfish
01-04-2013, 11:08 AM
You can walk across the lake jumping from boat to boat !

cjschock
01-05-2013, 01:52 PM
I drove past Crowley last opener on my way to B port and if you had tried to run across the lake on boats you would have been wet. However, I know it is notorious for being packed on the opener.

EMarty
01-06-2013, 10:09 PM
A few years back I was float tubing in McGee bay on opening morning and got hit by a rental boat. Needless to say I haven't been back for an opener, too crazy.

gamekiller
01-06-2013, 10:40 PM
A few years back I was float tubing in McGee bay on opening morning and got hit by a rental boat. Needless to say I haven't been back for an opener, too crazy.

Wow thats crazy...glad your ok
I dont see the need to fish a zoo when theres so many other options that offer solitude

Trouteaser
01-07-2013, 04:00 PM
Wait until the 2nd weekend, it's way more worth it...Opener is elbows and Aholes!

shutupandfish
01-09-2013, 12:52 AM
Sorry cjchalk our whatever it was a figure of speech . After seeing trout teaser reply your probably a opener kind of guy !

cjschock
01-20-2013, 03:20 PM
Sorry cjchalk our whatever it was a figure of speech . After seeing trout teaser reply your probably a opener kind of guy !

I have heard it is notorious for being crowded. Last year was the first time I had ever done the opener. I prefer the sierras in the fall. It just seemed like last year was a slow opener compared to what I was expecting. When we got to upper twin in B port there was only 10 or so boats out.