PDA

View Full Version : Silverwood - 12/31/12

The Lone Fisherman
01-02-2013, 09:45 AM
Decided to take the kayak out since it was the last fishing day of the year and I haven't been out in a while.

Gusty winds and freezing cold waters made me think twice about launching but since I was already here, might as well buck up... Launched from the boat ramp and trolled a spoon along the Millerton shoreline for two hours, nothing... Decided to do some cove hopping for just the right conditions. Since there were very few boaters zipping through the main channel, I couldn't help but hit all the points and coves. Caught & released: 10 trout & 3 LMB.

As I decided to headed back to the launch ramp, Silverwood decided to remind me that a good day of fishing sometimes comes at a price. With the wind at my back and the ripples in the water hiding all underwater hazards, I ran into a rockledge that extended out 10' from shore and under a foot of water. Bent both mirage dive fins which made the paddle back a lot more difficult.

Happy New Year to all!

AZ.Kid
01-02-2013, 08:24 PM
Nice job on the C&R, bummer about your boat. Silverwood does have a way of collecting its dues when the wind comes up. what kind of spoon did the trout hit ?

4g63power
01-03-2013, 04:27 PM
i saw you out there. we were fishing from the shore, thought you were out of your mind when saw you launch haha. good to hear that you got on some fish. it was COLD! happy new years!

Jmac
01-03-2013, 06:33 PM
It was freezing in the morning but ended up being a really nice day. Fished from the shore over at cleghorn. No luck. Finally got myself a bait caster and so far so good!