PDA

View Full Version : Who Wants a Computerized Fishing Rod?

flyhigh123
01-01-2013, 08:14 PM
Saw this and found it interesting:

http://www.indiegogo.com/smartrod

TACKOBOX POLETAP SMARTROD is the Worlds First And Only Computerized Fishing Pole! It will let you know if you get a bite by way of a light and sound alert or light only alert. It's so smart it will automatically turn off the alert as you reel in the fish so as not to interfere with your fishing experience. The SMARTROD also has a digital readout for High Med or Low sensitivity settings. The H M L display will flash green every 12 seconds to let you know what sensitivity setting you are in as well as letting you know the rod is on and searching for activity from your fish. When in the designing stages of our rod simplicity of use was a priority. All operations of functions are from a one-button concept. To turn it on simply push the button and pick which sensitivity setting you desire. As an example of our technology when in High sensitivity setting you can just lightly touch the tip and it will go off yet still be able to hold the rod and walk around without setting off the alert. You can use Medium and Low settings for wind, waves, trolling, heavy rain or fishing in current. If you are fishing in rain it's no problem, POLETAP SMARTROD is water resistant. This is the world’s first and only programmable fishing rod using Computer Controlled Accelerometer Technology protected by way of our full utility patent, design patent as well as software copyrights and trademarks. These rods would be a great gift for any angler in your family or fisherman using multiple rods. It is the ideal choice for catfish, striper and other freshwater and saltwater game fish. This technology is also perfectly in line with european carp fishermen being that the alarm is built into the rod with no need to purchse any extra accessories or attachments. It also works well for fishermen with disabilities. We want people who are visual or hearing impaired to know fishing is a sport that is available to them. Enjoying fresh air and the great outdoors is a treasured American pastime. Outdoor activities can help improve mental, spiritual and physical wellness. It is an important part of maintaining our quality of life

if anyone gets one, let me know how it is.

P.A.W.
01-02-2013, 09:42 AM
Ummmmm I have one of these http://www.fleetfarm.com/mff/detail/eagle-claw-stainless-fishing-bell-afbj/0000000028056?utm_source=googleps&utm_medium=shopping%2Bsearch&utm_campaign=google%2Bproduct%20search&gclid=CL-AkJecyrQCFQ_hQgodJ3IAMA

$.99

vortec_cruiser
01-02-2013, 11:40 PM
Just another gimmick. I'm surprised Ronco isn't selling it.

iloveGarick
01-06-2013, 01:38 PM
Just another gimmick. I'm surprised Ronco isn't selling it.

Yeah, but this one has a US patent on it. hahhahaa.

Cartman
01-06-2013, 01:56 PM
I have some of these. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Electronic-Bite-Fish-Sound-Alarm-Bell-Fishing-Rod-LED-/260851338095?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cbbf38b6f

Very cheap and they work well, too.

vortec_cruiser
01-07-2013, 10:53 PM
Yeah, but this one has a US patent on it. hahhahaa.
You'd be surprised at some of the ridiculous inventions people have patents on. A patent on an item doesn't mean squat when it comes to determining the quality and usability of product.