PDA

View Full Version : Good times Liberty 9/1 & 9/3

halo16
09-04-2007, 11:58 PM
Hello all,

Rode an overnight on the Liberty out of LBSF Berth 55 fishing on 9/1 we went to Clemente left at 9pm after baiting up we arrived at the island at 430am

We had good dines and chovies and cut squid, I started fishing right away with a few hits on the cut squid with and caught a few small bass then a couple keepers. We moved around alot to hunt for the yellows we got a bite around 10:30am with yellows around in the 15lb range :) .

Capatian Anthony tried hard and burned fuel to try to find some yellows. But that was the only yellow bite we got into about 7-10 brought aboard with some lost.

There were plenty of calicos to play with and a few bonita's. Most of the Calicos were small but fun if you wanted to fish them also a short ling was caught and some sheephead.

Catalina 9/3
I also went out Monday to Catalina sorry no pics on that trip we had Live Squid! And Captain Anthony again worked hard but no yellows to be found alot of short bass with some keepers, sheephead, perch, and a couple bonita. With the live squid we all had hopes at Catalina but we went to the back side but the water didn't look to great so we then fished the front and could not find a bite it was just one of those days good bait but no takers. I caught plenty of bass and a good size sheephead on that trip

I again have to say that the Capatin worked extremly hard both days I was on, and I realy appreciate it and thank the crew and captain for a great time! :D

P.S. nice meeting you Ghetto Dad and the guys I met from 976 tuna

Pics below from Clemente

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t138/halo1671/DSCI0504.jpg

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t138/halo1671/DSCI0503.jpg

rusty6
09-05-2007, 08:49 AM
hey, it was nice meeting you on the clemente trip

christainmetalhead909
09-05-2007, 09:00 AM
nice report sounds like you had a good time.

k3vin_kim
09-05-2007, 02:58 PM
Awesome Halo~! Thanks for all the positive responses on my posts and hope to fish with you someday.

BTW, I knew I wasn't the only one who poses with cigarettes in their pictures~!~!

PEACE~!

christainmetalhead909
09-05-2007, 03:06 PM
no kev your just the only one who has a cig in every picture haha.

k3vin_kim
09-05-2007, 04:35 PM
whatever slater, just make sure to bring your girlfriend on sunday aite?

ghetto dad
09-05-2007, 04:47 PM
thanks for the report halo...great meeting you to bro!!

one_leg
09-05-2007, 04:57 PM
Nice report. Thanks.

One_Leg

Troutman65
09-05-2007, 06:22 PM
Thats one nice report.

Thanks for the pics.

Troutman65

JapanRon
09-05-2007, 07:13 PM
Hi halo16,

What did you do ?? hide out in the bunk area until the next evening to go to Catalna :shock: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Anthony is a skipper I like to fish with as ... above all .... he is a student .. and takes great efforts to understand what's with the bite. Then applies it to the fishing at hand. Willing to burn fuel to find the right flavor of fishy in my experience.

thanks for the report, pictures next time .... no excuse!s! :roll:

JapanRon

Liteliner
09-05-2007, 10:56 PM
Liberty is an awesome boat. Had a great first trip of the year with them back in may. The crew worked from like 1 to 5 am trying to catch a few squid for the boat. Capt. Anthony had the three guys who were up soak some squid as the sun was starting to come up. I was one of the three and ended up with the only seabass of the trip. 33 lbs. Won jackpot and also got a couple yellowtail.